You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Site issues

Hi, I'm new to the site and am having several issues.

First of all I can't change my seat for any 9 or 10 handed games. I can for 2 or 6, but not the rest???

Next, tables don't pop up over anything, browsers, whatever else, is that normal? So if tables are overlapped and not tiled, when the underlapped table requires attention it doesn't pop up over the table overlapping it. I have auto focus tables switched on.

When a new game launches that I've been regged for, nothing pops up unless I'm on the site/lobby, which of course no one is if they're already playing.

Clicking tournament lobby at the table or in the main lobby does nothing. Yes I have pop ups allowed on the browser.

I'm on firefox and have updated java, adobe flash however says they don't use it anymore. TIA

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

@floppiNuts

Hi Mr Nuts

I'll need a little help there, so I'll tag @mumsie who will maybe ride to the rescue.

I should forewarn you that Sky Poker has, how shall we say, a certain rustic charm which long-serving players have learned to live with.

Hope it works out for you.

PS - well done on winning last night's £1k Rebuy, that's not an easy one to win.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,978

Hi, I'm new to the site and am having several issues.

First of all I can't change my seat for any 9 or 10 handed games. I can for 2 or 6, but not the rest???

Next, tables don't pop up over anything, browsers, whatever else, is that normal? So if tables are overlapped and not tiled, when the underlapped table requires attention it doesn't pop up over the table overlapping it. I have auto focus tables switched on.

When a new game launches that I've been regged for, nothing pops up unless I'm on the site/lobby, which of course no one is if they're already playing.

Clicking tournament lobby at the table or in the main lobby does nothing. Yes I have pop ups allowed on the browser.

I'm on firefox and have updated java, adobe flash however says they don't use it anymore. TIA

As Tony says, the software is special. As in Special Needs.

Sure others will help better than me. But 2 quick tips:-

1. Ditch Firefox if you can. I used it for years. Others are now better, (for Sky) such as Chrome/Edge
    2. It is often the case just clicking the lobby does nothing. What often works is clicking elsewhere on the site and then clicking back.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

@Essexphil

Thanks Phil

So long since I played here I've forgotten all the little workarounds.
  • floppiNutsfloppiNuts Member Posts: 5
    Tikay10 said:

@floppiNuts

Hi Mr Nuts

I'll need a little help there, so I'll tag @mumsie who will maybe ride to the rescue.

I should forewarn you that Sky Poker has, how shall we say, a certain rustic charm which long-serving players have learned to live with.

Hope it works out for you.

PS - well done on winning last night's £1k Rebuy, that's not an easy one to win.

Yes, having already read a few stories on such matters I'm quite prepared to get nowhere lol.

Thanks, no game is ever "easy" :s
    edited September 2022
    Essexphil said:

As Tony says, the software is special. As in Special Needs.

Sure others will help better than me. But 2 quick tips:-

1. Ditch Firefox if you can. I used it for years. Others are now better, (for Sky) such as Chrome/Edge
    2. It is often the case just clicking the lobby does nothing. What often works is clicking elsewhere on the site and then clicking back.

Thanks, switching to Chrome for time being. Can't seem to find in tourney lobbies whether the game is 6 or more handed, thought they were all only 6 handed until one randomly regged game turned out not to be the case, and one minute I'm sat in 4 o'clock seat the next I move to 11 o'clock, which is just **** horrible lol. If I can't change seats then I need to avoid all non 6 handed games.
  • goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    I'm only aware of one non-6max tournament & that's the 10 seater £3.30 Orfordable on Fridays at 7.15pm - but even in that you can change your seat position
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    I am wondering what 9 handed tables you are talking about @floppiNuts the only 9 handed tournie is the Friday night one that goldenballz mentions, there used to be a 9 handed cash table that used to run occasionally other than that I'm not aware of any 9 handed tables here
    I've realised you press the rotate button to move around the table now lol.

The fact no table pops up when needing focus really does suck. With the timebanks being short enough as they are, you're scanning around the place trying to find which table is dinging, invaluable seconds lost D: