You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Next Sky Poker Tour event announced - & it's a Mystery Bounty

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
edited September 2022 in Poker Chat

18th to 20th November 2022 in Manchester

Comments

• Options
  • Options

Biggest bounty prize?

£10,000

• Options

Mystery Bounty Format

The Mystery Bounty tournament will have a £330 entry cost with £150 going towards the prize pool, £150 going towards bounty prizes with £30 in fees. The tournament will have the same structure as our previous SPTs with 2 day 1s and will play to a conclusion on the Sunday. Players may re-enter on each day up to a total of 4 entries across the 2 day 1s.

Bounty prizes come into play once players are in the money positions on day 2. e.g if we decide to pay out 35 places there will be 35 bounty prizes. When you knock a player out in the money you will pick a prize at random. These prizes will be of varying amounts depending on the prize pool with a top prize of £10,000! More details to follow...
  • Options
  • Options

Satellites begin 28th October
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    Are you aware that these dates clash with the APAT Team Tournaments at Dusk TILL Dawn. Quite a few sky players are already committed
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Are you aware that these dates clash with the APAT Team Tournaments at Dusk TILL Dawn. Quite a few sky players are already committed

Yes.

There are vey few "empty" dates in the calendar these days wynne. Don't think there's too much crossover though, APAT is £110, SPT is £330.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    I was never really a fan when this buy in was mooted previously, though I am sure the guarantee will be reached, and you can never please everyone whatever price point or structure you go with.

Sure you will price out quite a few players but those are probably the ones which will only buy in once and the bigger buy in may bring others prepared to multi buy in into the equation.

Couple of questions from me.

Is this buy in a ‘one off’ ? players who won previous seats expecting to be able to use them for the next SPT find themselves out of pocket so to speak. (Well not exactly but you know what I mean)

With the additional bounties been paid to cashing players does this mean it will also be more of a flat payment structure.

Great concept though. Have you considered having a couple of mystery players that carry a secret bounty, this could in effect be taken from the prize pool. Not identified as such until they are eliminated.
    I guess collusion could hinder this slightly.
  • Options

@coo1-um

A "one-off"? I honestly don't know, I suppose it depends how well received it is. James may know but in truth it's unlikely he has fully decided what the format will be in 2023 & will make his decision based on how this one goes.

The payout structure will be constructed between the Venue & Sky Poker & will not have been finalised yet, but I'm quite sure they'll take the format into account.

• Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    edited September 2022
    That's worked out perfectly for me @Tikay10 as i'm already in Manchester for the Rugby League World Cup Final that weekend. I would suspect hotel prices are going to be steep though...
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Swog said:

That's worked out perfectly for me @Tikay10 as i'm already in Manchester for the Rugby League World Cup Final that weekend. I would suspect hotel prices are going to be steep though...

Very steep. I usually have a couple of hotels I use in Manchester for things like Grand Final, concerts etc.

Normal price around £60 pn. for RLWC final weekend £250 pn. Many are already booked out by Aussies, gotta love that confidence eh.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited September 2022
    Swog said:

That's worked out perfectly for me @Tikay10 as i'm already in Manchester for

the Rugby League World Cup Final

that weekend.

I would suspect hotel prices are going to be steep though...
    That's the reason!

......I wondered why hotels were almost double what I paid in September.....sigh

Sadly I don't think I will be there :/:'(
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    wynne1938 said:

Are you aware that this clashes with Portsmouth vs Derby?

Def worth a shot with trying something new. Very difficult to satellite in though with the higher buy in.
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Bean81 said:

wynne1938 said:

Are you aware that this clashes with Portsmouth vs Derby?

Def worth a shot with trying something new. Very difficult to satellite in though with the higher buy in.
    I don't think it will be much harder to qualify, though i suspect there may only be two seats guaranteed each night, will be interesting to look at the satellite structure this clearly has not worked effectively enough for the past 2 SPT's
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    Sky Poker tournament Friday, The Doors Alive Saturday, Day 2 Sunday.
    Sounds like a plan !
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,625
    so I have one entry I did not use in Manchester last time, but I notice this tournement is a bit more. Firstly you do have on record I have one buyin remaining?

secondly since this would not equal the buyin would I have the option of coming and entering using the £220 buyin against the price and paying the £110 difference?
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

so I have one entry I did not use in Manchester last time, but I notice this tournement is a bit more. Firstly you do have on record I have one buyin remaining?

secondly since this would not equal the buyin would I have the option of coming and entering using the £220 buyin against the price and paying the £110 difference?

Q1; Yes

Q2; Yes
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

Q1; Yes

Q2; Yes
    awesome thank you for confirming looks like I am likely heading up for this then. It does depend on a few variables people dont need my life story so not definite yet but I would say a highly likely probability me and my girlfriend will come up for this.

she should so get into poker she has a sick memory like absolutely ridiculous. but she doesnt want to get into gambling right now seriously if she did she would likely be better then me within a year but she has confidence issues.

So my girlfriend likely wont be buying in but she come up with me to see her mates etc.
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    Re the 10K Bounty, might i suggest that does not enter the draw pool till the final table. If it goes early, it feels a bit anti the notion of a poker tournament, if the player who goes out say 34th picks up more than a chopped final table winner.
  • Options
    memfno said:

Re the 10K Bounty, might i suggest that does not enter the draw pool till the final table. If it goes early, it feels a bit anti the notion of a poker tournament, if the player who goes out say 34th picks up more than a chopped final table winner.

yeah but that adds to the excitement, I mean it can be tough to make a final table and knowing that if you make the last 34 or whatever the number is you could potentially win big of a random bounty adds excitement to this.