You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"You are fired."

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,906
    No need of it.
    Likely to be expensive.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,617
    Absolutely no thought for the feelings of others people.

No doubt one day it will catch up with him. He is only human after all (or is he?).
  • Options
    ‘Musk can f*** off’: Kathy Burke blasts Elon Musk for rumoured plan to charge blue-tickers on Twitter

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/musk-f-off-kathy-burke-084433397.html
  • Options
    'Chief Twit' Elon Musk confirms he'll be new Twitter CEO as his team reveals plans to drop 25 PERCENT of the company's 7,000-strong workforce: Layoffs will hit nearly every department

Elon Musk has dissolved Twitter's board of directors and has made himself 'the sole director of Twitter' according to an SEC filing. It came almost immediately after Musk completed his $44bn deal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11375515/Elon-Musk-confirms-****-new-Twitter-CEO-team-finalizes-plans-layoff-25-percent.html
  • Options
    'Can't log into emails. Mac won't turn on': Twitter employees in the UK were fired at 3am and only learnt they were out of a job when they woke up to find laptops had been remotely wiped as Elon Musk sacks 3,700 staff around the world

The social media giant has offices in London and Manchester, and all employees are expected to receive an email with the subject 'Your Role at Twitter' by 4pm UK time today. Some British staff were asleep when they said their laptops were 'remotely wiped' and their access to Slack and Gmail revoked. Chris Younie, who works for Twitter in entertainment partnerships, tweeted (left): 'Well this isn't looking promising. Can't log into emails. Mac won't turn on. But so grateful this is happening at 3am. Really appreciate the thoughtfulness on the timing front guys...' Another former employer, who gave his name as James and said he worked in curation partnerships, wrote (inset): 'I feel sorry for anyone that didn't get fired tbh. Elon will run those left into the ground with his hair-brained ideas. Any kind of Twitter we knew before is dead.' Pictured on the right is new CEO Elon Musk.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11389443/Twitter-employees-brace-Elon-Musk-fire-TODAY.html
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,317
    edited November 2022
    I trust Musk about as far as I can throw him. Does anyone else think that he's just like a Bond villain and his Starlink satellite system will suddenly turn into a satellite laser weapons system that can hold the world to ransom? Obviously just those that still have a job, the rest won't have any money.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    Terrible.

This is just not the way things are done in the UK.

Employment Tribunals will slaughter him.
  • Options
  • Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    Essexphil said:

Terrible.

Unfortunately this is the way things have been in the UK, except people may have forgotten…..I was one of the ones employed by Mirror Group Newspapers, who woke up one morning to hear on the news about the mass firings that had happened in the early hours of the morning.

Instead of finding out by not being able to log into laptops or email, we were all still required to go to the office and IF your pass let you through the turnstile, you hadn’t been fired. It was carnage, loads of external security had been hired and we had to queue up and go in one by one….all with news cameras outside interviewing people who’s passes had been blocked.

It was horrible

15 years I worked for that **** show of a company.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027

Essexphil said:

Terrible.

Unfortunately this is the way things have been in the UK, except people may have forgotten…..I was one of the ones employed by Mirror Group Newspapers, who woke up one morning to hear on the news about the mass firings that had happened in the early hours of the morning.

Instead of finding out by not being able to log into laptops or email, we were all still required to go to the office and IF your pass let you through the turnstile, you hadn’t been fired. It was carnage, loads of external security had been hired and we had to queue up and go in one by one….all with news cameras outside interviewing people who’s passes had been blocked.

It was horrible

15 years I worked for that **** show of a company.
    @COFFEENCRM

Oh my, that is TERRIBLE.

• Options
    Essexphil said:

Terrible.

P&O Ferries?
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    Seems fair