You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Voices: Now even Brexiteers are blaming themselves for Britain’s economic woes

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,564
    edited January 10

HAYSIE said:

The problems that Brexit has created would be a whole lot easier to resolve if the various parties stopped being morons and actually moved forward instead of widening every small crack into a chasm to highlight and suit their own agendas.

The problems that Brexit has created are exactly that.
    They are problems that Brexit has created.
    For instance, I cant remember that the Irish border was even mentioned during the referendum.
    The lack of growth in our economy is causing huge problems.
    The IFS quoted a 4% hit to our GDP, as a result of Brexit.
    This was a handicap that we didnt need.

But of course Remoaners will do everything to make it fail so that they can wave their silly blue and yellow flags and denounce anything British as 2nd class and unsuitable whilst championing the often lamentable European ideal as the benchmark.

I suppose the use of the term Remoaners demonstrates the high regard in which you hold remain voters.
    I think that many remain voters did so, as a result of what they thought was the best for the UK.
    I am bewildered about what you may think that remain voters could actually do to make Brexit fail?
    I was a remain voter, what could I possibly do?
    Brexit is what it is.
    Although there were a number of flavours available.
    We happened to choose the one we have got.
    There were other choices on offer.
    For instance we could have opted for the whole of the UK to remain in the SM/CU.
    This would have meant no border in the Irish Sea, but in the eyes of some leave voters this wouldnt have been a proper Brexit.
    They preferred that our economy would take a hit, and a border within the UK.
    We were supposed to be taking control of our borders.
    How is that working out?
    What did remain voters contribute to this debacle?

YOU KNOW THAT OPTIONS WERE NOT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE BALLOT, IT WAS A SIMPLE IN OR OUT. PERHAPS REMAIN COCKED UP THERE

The Irish problem is never going away, anybody who believes that there is any long term workable solution is misguided. Both sides are unfortunately irrevocably divided. Both Unionist and Loyalist parties now have different ends of the same stick to beat the Government with.

I am not sure which Irish problem you are referring to?
    Although Brexit has created additional problems in NI.

NO OF COURSE YOU DONT. BOTH SIDES CONTINUALLY LOOK FOR A REASON TO TAKE THEIR BALL HOME AND CURRENTLY THE HARD BORDER IS THE EXCUSE BUT WE BOTH KNOW THAT THE TWO SIDES WILL NEVER ACCEPT GOVERNANCE FROM THE OTHER.

The EU itself is absolutely mortified that we have left and whilst they would give their eye teeth for Britain to rejoin, act like a petulant child and hurl insults whilst spitefully looking to undermine everything. They've basically scratched all our records before handing them back

The EU have made no secret of the fact that they are disappointed that we have left.
    According to the polls there is a very clear majority that believe that leaving was a mistake, and are in favour of re-joining.
    As we are a democracy, it is impossible to see that we wont re-join at some point.
    I rarely see insults being reported from the EU, but there seem to be plenty from our side.

THATS PERHAPS BECAUSE WE DONT NEED FEEL THE TO INSULT THEM, WE'VE WLKED AWAY AND THEY ARE A LITTLE PEEVED AT US

As for those charged with making Brexit work, if they actually stopped being pompous and arrogant and acknowledged that they now have an imperfect situation which requires real work, effort and compromise then things might start to improve.

What specifically do you think that could be done to make Brexit work?

I DON'T KNOW THAT'S NOT MY JOB, YOU TELL ME. WHEN I DECIDE TO TAKE MY CAR IN FOR REPAIR I DON'T EXPECT TO HAVE TO TELL THE MECHANIC WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THE FAULT BETTER. I TELL HIM THE PROBLEM AND LEAVE IT TO HIM TO FIX, THAT'S HIS JOB

One thing that does strike me as ironic is that many of the younger population rail at the history of Britain and it's empirical past and yet seem only too happy to push toward building another empire albeit under a different flag.

The younger generation was hugely in favour of remaining.
    Probably because they havent got the preconceived ideas of the older generations.
    This will account for the direction of the polls.
    More younger people qualifying to vote, and the oldies dying off.
    I am certain that because of this we will re-join at some point, although I am not sure if this will happen in my lifetime.

WELL, THE YOUNG NEVER MAKE A BAD DECISION DO THEY. SO THATS ALRIGHT THEN.

THAT THERE is exactly my point, you just ask questions, point out facts and repost newspaper headlines, you ask everybody what should we do, how should we fix this, how should that work etc.

I am still not sure of exactly what your point was.
    I was asking questions in order for you to clarify what you are saying.
    You said the Irish problem is never going away.
    I wasnt sure whether you meant the Irish problems caused by Brexit, as your post was about Brexit, or any other Irish problems that werent.

Just probing little cracks and making huge fissures because it suits your purpose.

Which purpose?

All Remain supporters do is highlight how awful Britain is since Brexit.

Really?

Nobody says "Well I'm totally peed off that we left but let's make the best of it"

I dont think there is any other option.

For many of us it was awful pre Brexit so as I have said many times,
    it doesn't bother me. Nothings changed, nothing will change. I live in an area of poverty and deprivation, it was like that before Brexit, it's like that after Brexit and I imagine it will remain so until Armageddon, although you might be hard pressed to tell the difference.

You are just making my point that many people voted to leave due to the fact their lives were not going well.
    As nothing has changed, has it not yet dawned on you that the reasons that it was not going well had little to do with the EU.

Ok Tony, I'm giving you an unlimited budget and every resource at your disposal. Short of rejoining, how would you go about repairing things?

I dont think it is that simple.
    Leaving meant that we lost all the benefits of being members.
    So they have gone.
    I suppose the most sensible thing we could do is to try and get the whole of the UK back into the SM/CU, rather than just NI.
    That would solve the Irish Sea border problem, and plug a bit of the hole in the economy.
    I am not sure if this would be still possible.
    As a quote in one of the recent articles I have posted said that,
    Brexit continues to be a process, not a one-off event.

Yes of course the younger generation will be in favour.

As I described them earlier, full of ideology, lacking in real world experience and understanding and wanting to cancel anything that offends their delicate sensibilities, whilst dictating how others should think, feel and act.

Thank God that I will be off the mortal coil before the Gen Z's get to run things.

Or maybe they are just less biased.

• Options

HAYSIE said:

The problems that Brexit has created would be a whole lot easier to resolve if the various parties stopped being morons and actually moved forward instead of widening every small crack into a chasm to highlight and suit their own agendas.

For instance, I cant remember that the Irish border was even mentioned during the referendum.

But of course Remoaners will do everything to make it fail so that they can wave their silly blue and yellow flags and denounce anything British as 2nd class and unsuitable whilst championing the often lamentable European ideal as the benchmark.

I suppose the use of the term Remoaners demonstrates the high regard in which you hold remain voters.
    I think that many remain voters did so, as a result of what they thought was the best for the UK.
    I am bewildered about what you may think that remain voters could actually do to make Brexit fail?
    Brexit is what it is.
    For instance we could have opted for the whole of the UK to remain in the SM/CU.
    This would have meant no border in the Irish Sea, but in the eyes of some leave voters this wouldnt have been a proper Brexit.
    How is that working out?

YOU KNOW THAT OPTIONS WERE NOT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE BALLOT, IT WAS A SIMPLE IN OR OUT. PERHAPS REMAIN COCKED UP THERE

The Irish problem is never going away, anybody who believes that there is any long term workable solution is misguided. Both sides are unfortunately irrevocably divided. Both Unionist and Loyalist parties now have different ends of the same stick to beat the Government with.

NO OF COURSE YOU DONT. BOTH SIDES CONTINUALLY LOOK FOR A REASON TO TAKE THEIR BALL HOME AND CURRENTLY THE HARD BORDER IS THE EXCUSE BUT WE BOTH KNOW THAT THE TWO SIDES WILL NEVER ACCEPT GOVERNANCE FROM THE OTHER.

The EU itself is absolutely mortified that we have left and whilst they would give their eye teeth for Britain to rejoin, act like a petulant child and hurl insults whilst spitefully looking to undermine everything. They've basically scratched all our records before handing them back

The EU have made no secret of the fact that they are disappointed that we have left.
    According to the polls there is a very clear majority that believe that leaving was a mistake, and are in favour of re-joining.
    As we are a democracy, it is impossible to see that we wont re-join at some point.
    I rarely see insults being reported from the EU, but there seem to be plenty from our side.

THATS PERHAPS BECAUSE WE DONT NEED FEEL THE TO INSULT THEM, WE'VE WLKED AWAY AND THEY ARE A LITTLE PEEVED AT US

As for those charged with making Brexit work, if they actually stopped being pompous and arrogant and acknowledged that they now have an imperfect situation which requires real work, effort and compromise then things might start to improve.

I DON'T KNOW THAT'S NOT MY JOB, YOU TELL ME. WHEN I DECIDE TO TAKE MY CAR IN FOR REPAIR I DON'T EXPECT TO HAVE TO TELL THE MECHANIC WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THE FAULT BETTER. I TELL HIM THE PROBLEM AND LEAVE IT TO HIM TO FIX, THAT'S HIS JOB

One thing that does strike me as ironic is that many of the younger population rail at the history of Britain and it's empirical past and yet seem only too happy to push toward building another empire albeit under a different flag.

Probably because they havent got the preconceived ideas of the older generations.
    I am certain that because of this we will re-join at some point, although I am not sure if this will happen in my lifetime.

THAT THERE is exactly my point, you just ask questions, point out facts and repost newspaper headlines, you ask everybody what should we do, how should we fix this, how should that work etc.

Just probing little cracks and making huge fissures because it suits your purpose.

All Remain supporters do is highlight how awful Britain is since Brexit. Nobody says "Well I'm totally peed off that we left but let's make the best of it"

For many of us it was awful pre Brexit so as I have said many times, it doesn't bother me. Nothings changed, nothing will change. I live in an area of poverty and deprivation, it was like that before Brexit, it's like that after Brexit and I imagine it will remain so until Armageddon, although you might be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Ok Tony, I'm giving you an unlimited budget and every resource at your disposal. Short of rejoining, how would you go about repairing things?

As I described them earlier, full of ideology, lacking in real world experience and understanding and wanting to cancel anything that offends their delicate sensibilities, whilst dictating how others should think, feel and act.

Thank God that I will be off the mortal coil before the Gen Z's get to run things.

Tory MP Identifies 1 'Brilliant Brexit Bonus' Which Has Left People In Disbelief

A Tory MP just came up with quite a unique “Brexit benefit” which has left the internet scratching its head.

Speaking during PMQs on Wednesday, the Conservatives’ Anna Firth said: “New, very large shellfish beds have been discovered in the Thames estuary, including razor clams and Manila clams, both highly prized around the world.”

She asked for the prime minister to congratulate the fisherman in question for his “proactive work”, before inviting the PM to her constituency to “maximise this brilliant Brexit bonus for Essex fishermen”.

The Commons broke out in laughter at that – and even Rishi Sunak couldn’t suppress a giggle when he began his response.

LfB
    @LiveFromBrexit
    ·
    Follow
    The Thick Of It is never coming back.

Chris Shaw
    @The_ChrisShaw
    ·
    Follow
    They're now parodying themselves... 👇

Dr Lindsay Maxwell 💙 Parisdaguerre@threads.net
    @ParisDaguerre
    ·
    Follow
    Given the amount of sewage being dumped into the Thames, these shellfish will be more toxic than the Tories.

Jude 🇪🇺
    @jude5456
    ·
    Follow
    #PMQs
    Brexit is now just one big joke. Resorting to shellfish found in the Thames as a Brexit benefit!
    Anna Firth

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/tory-mp-identifies-1-brilliant-163502191.html
  • Options
    Brexit: NI businesses need 'better advice' on UK-EU divergence

Northern Ireland businesses need better government guidance about post-Brexit divergence between UK and EU rules, a House of Lords inquiry has found.

Divergence is significant for Northern Ireland because it has remained inside the EU's single market for goods.

That means free-flowing trade between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

However, new checks and controls are required on some goods coming from Great Britain.

Growing divergence could potentially increase the level of controls on goods coming from Great Britain to Northern Ireland and require businesses to make changes to their processes.

Northern Ireland's revised Brexit deal, the Windsor Framework, contains mechanisms for managing divergence.

However, the inquiry, by the Lords' Windsor Framework sub-committee, heard that businesses were unsure about where to find information on how diverging rules could impact them.

The current government has ultimately taken a cautious approach to divergence, scrapping a plan to automatically repeal thousands of EU-era laws.

But divergence is still likely to occur as the EU updates its rulebook, particularly in areas like environmental standards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-67774820
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Brexit is what it is.
    How is that working out?

All Remain supporters do is highlight how awful Britain is since Brexit. Nobody says "Well I'm totally peed off that we left but let's make the best of it"

For many of us it was awful pre Brexit so as I have said many times, it doesn't bother me. Nothings changed, nothing will change. I live in an area of poverty and deprivation, it was like that before Brexit, it's like that after Brexit and I imagine it will remain so until Armageddon, although you might be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Mayor warns of 'cost of Brexit crisis' as analysis finds Londoners £3,400 worse off

Sadiq Khan will warn on Thursday of a "cost of Brexit crisis" as a report finds the average Londoner is £3,400 worse off because of Britain’s departure from the European Union.

In a speech to the London Government Dinner at Mansion House, the mayor will call for a "new settlement" with the EU to "turbocharge our economy and help raise living standards".

Research commissioned by City Hall and conducted by Cambridge Econometrics has found that the capital’s economy has shrunk by around £30 billion as a result of leaving the EU. Across the UK the figure was estimated at £140 billion.

The analysis concluded that individual Londoners have been harder hit on average by the impact of Brexit compared with the average Briton. While the average Briton was found to be £2,000 worse off, the figure rises to £3,400 for the average Londoner.
    In his speech, Mr Khan is expected to say: "It’s now obvious that Brexit isn’t working.

"The hardline version of Brexit we’ve ended up with is dragging our economy down and pushing up the cost of living.

"It’s making food more expensive, adding to the acute pressures on households and having an ongoing detrimental impact on industries that are crucial to our success – such as hospitality, construction and financial services."

City Hall’s report also found that the UK has 1.8 million fewer jobs compared with a projected scenario in which Brexit did not happen – a drop of 4.8 per cent. Within that figure, 290,000 jobs were in London - a drop of 4.7 per cent.

The Labour mayor will say that Brexit is "not a peripheral concern that we can leave in the past", adding that he agrees with Shadow Foreign Secretary David Lammy on the need to build "a closer relationship" with the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/mayor-warns-of-cost-of-brexit-crisis-as-analysis-finds-londoners-3-400-worse-off/ar-AA1mMK9z?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=defc6c67288a4cdeb61d27b0835d3fff&ei=82
  • Options

Brexit: New report suggests UK £311bn worse off by 2035 due to leaving EU

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-new-report-suggests-uk-311bn-worse-off-by-2035-due-to-leaving-eu/ar-AA1mOVE7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=77f0601215de43c9e0ad139e6929e937&ei=16
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Sorry Mark @TheEdge949 .
    I only just noticed these, when looking back at previous comments.
    They seem to have disappeared in the posting of them.

Really, I wasnt aware that remain was responsible for organising the ballot paper?

The hard border in Ireland is not possible because of the GFA.
    I therefore think that it cannot be described as an excuse.
    What we are left with is the only option that is available.
    I can see why Unionists would object to the border.
    The DUP want to have their cake, and eat it.
    They want the border removed, not to come under any EU rules, and retain access to the single market.
    Good luck with that.

I am not having that.
    You said this,

The EU itself is absolutely mortified that we have left and whilst they would give their eye teeth for Britain to rejoin, act like a petulant child and hurl insults whilst spitefully looking to undermine everything. They've basically scratched all our records before handing them back.

I merely pointed out that all the insults seem to be coming from our side.

I just wondered in you had any specific ideas on any improvements that could be made.

You said this,

Well it has been over 7 years since the referendum, and 3 years since we actually left.
    There were benefits that we enjoyed from our membership, which we have now obviously lost.
    A number of PMs, Cabinets, and Brexit Ministers, have attempted to negotiate, and renegotiate the best deal we could get.
    Although we have ended up with the Brexit we chose.
    I think the real point is that there is a limit to what could be achieved as non members.

That is a silly thing to say.
    As I said earlier they are probably just less biased than the oldies, and dont blame the EU for stuff they are not responsible for.

I find it remarkable that the Tories use the "Stronger Together" argument in relation to Scottish Independence, but the opposite in the case of the EU.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 13

Examining Kate Hoey's Brexit Stance: And Silence on the Good Friday Agreement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_4i0HW7OY

He is not very good, but does make some valid points.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Sorry Mark @TheEdge949 .
    I only just noticed these, when looking back at previous comments.
    They seem to have disappeared in the posting of them.

Really, I wasnt aware that remain was responsible for organising the ballot paper?

The hard border in Ireland is not possible because of the GFA.
    I therefore think that it cannot be described as an excuse.
    What we are left with is the only option that is available.
    I can see why Unionists would object to the border.
    The DUP want to have their cake, and eat it.
    They want the border removed, not to come under any EU rules, and retain access to the single market.
    Good luck with that.

I am not having that.
    You said this,

The EU itself is absolutely mortified that we have left and whilst they would give their eye teeth for Britain to rejoin, act like a petulant child and hurl insults whilst spitefully looking to undermine everything. They've basically scratched all our records before handing them back.

I merely pointed out that all the insults seem to be coming from our side.

I just wondered in you had any specific ideas on any improvements that could be made.

You said this,

Well it has been over 7 years since the referendum, and 3 years since we actually left.
    There were benefits that we enjoyed from our membership, which we have now obviously lost.
    A number of PMs, Cabinets, and Brexit Ministers, have attempted to negotiate, and renegotiate the best deal we could get.
    Although we have ended up with the Brexit we chose.
    I think the real point is that there is a limit to what could be achieved as non members.

That is a silly thing to say.
    As I said earlier they are probably just less biased than the oldies, and dont blame the EU for stuff they are not responsible for.

I find it remarkable that the Tories use the "Stronger Together" argument in relation to Scottish Independence, but the opposite in the case of the EU.

Brexit: UK struggling to supplant EU trade with other countries, report finds

The UK In A Changing Europe (UKICE) tracker reveals that 53.3% of our total trade is still carried out with the EU, which is significantly up on pre-Brexit levels. However, the think tank says this is not driven by more commerce with European countries, but by “relatively weak growth in trade overall, especially with non-EU countries”.

Despite the Brexiteer promise that leaving the EU would lead to burgeoning free trade agreements around the world, the much anticipated deals struck with Australia and New Zealand currently make up less than 1% of total UK trade.
    The then-International Trade Secretary Liam Fox promised 40 free trade deals would be signed the second the UK left the EU in January 2020. However, as the tracker shows, the Australaysian agreements, much criticised by farmers, make up a fraction of the country’s overall trade.

The report finds that forming new partnerships and signing new free trade agreements “will not quickly supplant relationships with closer partners”. It said: “Despite new trade deals and accession to the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for TransPacific Partnership (CPTPP), a trade agreement involving 11 countries, the UK does not look likely to shift away from trading with the EU soon.

“Bigger trade deals, such as with countries like India and the US, could make more of a difference. But the UK and India have yet to reach an agreement, and there is no prospect of negotiation with the US on the horizon.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/brexit-uk-struggling-to-supplant-eu-trade-with-other-countries-report-finds/ar-AA1n0xv2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=ec91e4ccfef344eea5b1b79f85e3f959&ei=122
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Brexit is what it is.
    How is that working out?

Even older voters now realise Brexit was a bad idea

Was Brexit a mistake?

You’ve had several letters highlighting the age divide over Brexit. However, that divide is diminishing.
    YouGov carries out a monthly poll. The latest (Dec 19-20) had 53 per cent saying leaving the EU was the wrong thing to do, while 34 per cent reckoned it was the correct decision – with the remainder saying they didn’t know.

Only among the over-65s was there a majority believing that it was the correct decision, at 54 per cent (38 per cent saying it was wrong).

Two years ago (Dec 14-15, 2021), the figure for over-65s believing Brexit was the right thing to do was 59 per cent. Two years before that (Oct 20-21, 2019): 64 per cent. If this trend continues, there’ll be no age group in which a majority believes leaving the EU was the right thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/even-older-voters-now-realise-brexit-was-a-bad-idea/ar-AA1n0Tp3?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=ec91e4ccfef344eea5b1b79f85e3f959&ei=145
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    i went to the re-join protest to ask them questions on why they wanted to re-join , everything was personal , i cant do this , i cant do that , never a mention of the country as in reality nothing changed for the country , and i use the word country reluctantly as as we all know the uk is a corporation not a country . what a complete farce , the only reason the media are on the bandwagon to get us back in in words is that they are adopting digital slavery faster . totalitarian psychopaths everywhere
  • Options
    Stormont crisis: Decisions to make if Stormont not restored - SoS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-politics-67957520
  • Options
    edited January 17
    Blame for stand-off lies squarely with inept Heaton-Harris – Brian Feeney

It was obvious by last June that Jeffrey Donaldson couldn’t get his party to accept the Windsor Framework. His attempt to offload the decision to a committee of DUP has-beens failed when they obviously gave the wrong answer.

Yet the proconsul continued to play the DUP’s game, pretending there were talks, that there was ‘progress being made’, when it was self-evident there wasn’t and couldn’t be. Couldn’t be because the Windsor Framework had been adopted by the Commons with one of the biggest majorities in history: 515-29. It had been done and dusted; the UK’s relationship with the EU had been reset and the UK weren’t about to change it unilaterally. Everyone except the DUP could see that.

. It could not conceal the fact that absolutely nothing had changed about the Windsor Framework and Donaldson’s seven tests remained unachievable. As a result, our proconsul is hoist with his own petard.

It’s false to claim that the foundation of the Good Friday Agreement requires support of both unionists and nationalists for any change – an impossibility. The DUP’s block on any progressive legislation was the reason Sinn Féin walked out of Stormont in 2017. A Stormont majority is sufficient, but the DUP’s abuse of blank, pre-signed petitions of concern was designed to block that. Their false claim about the basis of the GFA is their latest ploy.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/blame-for-stand-off-lies-squarely-with-inept-heaton-harris-brian-feeney/ar-AA1n6i73?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=42f0167097744d1da8b1ec7527c3f1b8&ei=88
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Depends what you mean by that.

The SDLP is 1 of the 2 main Irish Nationalist Parties, whose political position is for a unified Ireland under Dublin rule. In the shorter term, they seek to reduce UK power, and increase Ireland's power, over NI. They make no secret of that. That is their official Party line.

This is the fundamental problem within NI. What pleases 1 side will almost inevitably displease the other.

The "compromise" between the UK and Ireland involves transfer of various powers and influence from Belfast/London to Dublin.

I'm not saying that is wrong. What I am saying is that every "solution" will enrage a portion of the residents of NI.

What do you think she means when she says "reconcile our geography"?

I took it as a statement of fact.
    The situation is surely the result of the only compromise available, when you consider the geography, economy, and the Brexit that Britain chose.
    I took the geography bit, merely meant that they share an island with EU members.
    Nothing said by pretty much everyone, on all sides of the debate in NI, is a statement of fact. As an example, she deliberately chose the word "Britain" rather than the UK. Because NI is not part of Great Britain. We are a United Kingdom. Which means that the majority of the United Kingdom got to vote and form a Majority as to whether we got to leave.

Some Regions voted to Remain. Scotland, Northern Ireland, London. But, in a United Kingdom, no 1 vote counts more than any other. Because it would not be a United Kingdom. The use of the word "Britain" is designed to cause offence. Because Loyalists largely voted to Leave. And Nationalists to Remain.

I have family members on both sides of that particular debate. You may well think everything is simple. It's a battle that has been going on for well over 150 years. And Brexit is just 1 of many, many opportunities for that to continue.
    O’Neill voices fears over Stormont’s future as bid to restore powersharing fails

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/o-neill-voices-fears-over-stormont-s-future-as-bid-to-restore-powersharing-fails/ar-AA1n7POX?ocid=msedgntp&pc=NMTS&cvid=95322ad9236f4ec6b04712b459afcbb1&ei=10

What happens next?