You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Where are all the deep stack and freeze out tournaments at non micro stakes?

Other than the mini major, there seem to be no non BH tournaments running today at £11 or above.
Why is this?
There are £2.20 deep stacks running every 2-3hrs. Could we maybe have some between £5.50 and £220 added to the regular schedule?

Comments

  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 135,422

    @lekski


    Sadly, & as has been proven repeatedly on Sky Poker, there is very little demand for non-BH MTT's on this site.
  • lekskilekski Member Posts: 17
    @Tikay10

    Sadly, & as has been proven repeatedly on Sky Poker, there is very little demand for non-BH MTT's on this site.



    I thought that was probably the case, sadly.

    I get that they appeal to the more casual player, but 50% of the buy in seems excessive.

    Would Sky consider even adding 2 or 3 5.50 and 11 Freezeouts, or deep stacks, to the schedule. If not higher?
    Tikay10 said:
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 135,422
    edited November 2022
    @lekski


    Well I'll pass on your comments & request, but I'd not be too hopeful, as history shows no matter what the buy-in or guarantee, they repeatedly overlay.

    I agree with you, it's all rather sad. Bring back vanilla Pot Limit Hold Em I say.

    There are even PLO8 & PLO Bounty Hunters now. Sacrilege, imagine spoiling such wonderful games by making them BH's? But it's what the kids want these days. Meh.
  • lekskilekski Member Posts: 17
    Tikay10 said:

    @lekski


    Well I'll pass on your comments & request, but I'd not be too hopeful, as history shows no matter what the buy-in or guarantee, they repeatedly overlay.

    I agree with you, it's all rather sad. Bring back vanilla Pot Limit Hold Em I say.

    There are even PLO8 & PLO Bounty Hunters now. Sacrilege, imagine spoiling such wonderful games by making them BH's? But it's what the kids want these days. Meh.

    @Tikay10 That's a pretty extreme take mate. But I appreciate the sentiment. 😂

    I am not anti BH, Perhaps anti 50% of BI.

    Thanks for relaying my comments.
  • sorry69sorry69 Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2022
    100% with you on this!

    all we hear is "overlay overlay overlay"

    Simple solution, offer a weekly game with no gtd!!
    11-22-33-55 to play
    10k start
    good blind structure,

    LET IT PAY FOR ITSELF, let it build its own reputation, just one game a week FRI/SAT/SUN

    the funny thing is, sky has had no games like this for over 4 years now. How could they know there is no demand without trying.

    thankfully , there are now sites who do offer a few games a week non bounty, go find them, they are easy enough!

    sky is a self fulfilling prophecy, sky does not have decent non bounty games between 11-55 (the Sunday is basically a shortstack), so as a result, nobody who likes those games plays here. it is what it is.


    THE WORST PART.
    in my opinion, the sky hand generator is by far the best hand generator on the web in my honest opinion. it has its moments, but the only one which feels close to poker plus no antes.
  • lekskilekski Member Posts: 17
    Even
    sorry69 said:

    100% with you on this!

    all we hear is "overlay overlay overlay"

    Simple solution, offer a weekly game with no gtd!!
    11-22-33-55 to play
    10k start
    good blind structure,

    LET IT PAY FOR ITSELF, let it build its own reputation, just one game a week FRI/SAT/SUN

    the funny thing is, sky has had no games like this for over 4 years now. How could they know there is no demand without trying.

    thankfully , there are now sites who do offer a few games a week non bounty, go find them, they are easy enough!

    sky is a self fulfilling prophecy, sky does not have decent non bounty games between 11-55 (the Sunday is basically a shortstack), so as a result, nobody who likes those games plays here. it is what it is.


    THE WORST PART.
    in my opinion, the sky hand generator is by far the best hand generator on the web in my honest opinion. it has its moments, but the only one which feels close to poker plus no antes.

    Even some multi table sng's would be good.

    42 players 5 or 6 get paid.
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 610
    lekski said:

    Even

    sorry69 said:

    100% with you on this!

    all we hear is "overlay overlay overlay"

    Simple solution, offer a weekly game with no gtd!!
    11-22-33-55 to play
    10k start
    good blind structure,

    LET IT PAY FOR ITSELF, let it build its own reputation, just one game a week FRI/SAT/SUN

    the funny thing is, sky has had no games like this for over 4 years now. How could they know there is no demand without trying.

    thankfully , there are now sites who do offer a few games a week non bounty, go find them, they are easy enough!

    sky is a self fulfilling prophecy, sky does not have decent non bounty games between 11-55 (the Sunday is basically a shortstack), so as a result, nobody who likes those games plays here. it is what it is.


    THE WORST PART.
    in my opinion, the sky hand generator is by far the best hand generator on the web in my honest opinion. it has its moments, but the only one which feels close to poker plus no antes.

    Even some multi table sng's would be good.

    42 players 5 or 6 get paid.
    The £5.50 freezeout at 9pm Tuesday - Friday is pretty much this.
Sign In or Register to comment.