You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The confidence crusher

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Just a quick request for advice. This has been going on for the last week and struggling with the lack of confidence to play good poker, and it alls started with one bad call, i knew it was a bad call but i totaled up my outs got enough to be confident with a call and realised as soon as i pressed call i had accidently doubled the amount of outs id had in my rush to make my desison.

Since then im just so low on confidence, im playing so tight, almost refusing to raise with a Strong ace (only raiseing with a strong pocket) and feeling like im in the harshest of enviorments. Ive taken a few days break and returned to the tables but still just no confidence, in my ability to play.

Please help.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2010

Go see a shrink? lol

I dont think anyone can help ya with this mate I don't really understand why your feeling like this. You made a bad calculation, it happens all the time, its like making a miss-click or accidentally registering for the wrong tournament or something...

They are one off, isolated incidents, just forget about it and move on. Mis-clicks, or disconnecting mid hand tilt me for maybe 5/10 minutes, so when they happen I take 20 minutes time out, but after that they disappear -- they wouldn't affect me long term, so I dont really understand why its hurting you so bad.....

People will give the usual advice play lower limits, play DYM's - I hate that advice, but each to their own :)

Just play poker as usual and if you are a good player - you should be fine?

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    What level are you playing at?

If your that worried about the money then move down and build confidence. I don't see why you have lost it though. If your normally confident in your decisions and you know exactly what you did wrong then chances are this will stick with you and the same problem won't occur again.
  • Options
    crow01crow01 Member Posts: 163
    edited March 2010
    hmmmm only raising with big pocket pairs eh? notes made lol :p
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited March 2010
    Hi Don

From what you have written, it looks like you are not enjoying your poker, therefore tightening up completely, you made a wrong call, we have all done it at sometime, it happens, dont beat yourself up about it, I would suggest leave poker alone for a few days, forget the bad call, come back refreshed and give the tables he ll.
  • Options
    lynx3ffectlynx3ffect Member Posts: 452
    edited March 2010
    If you say you have taken a break and come back feeling the same then clearly it wasnt a long enough break!! :)

go play a donkament and make some epic moves with a buyin u dont care about feel like a hero again! :D
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited March 2010
    When ever i don't feel like playing ill read an article or strategy post to make me think bout my game, sometimes ill watch a training video or even some poker on pokertube just to get me in the mood for it ( thats sounds weird).

If your sitting down and are not feeling confident then your never going to win and you will be easy money at the table.
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited March 2010
    Hey Don..

As someone who's average playing style can be decribed as 'Donk Aggro' I agree with the others... have a break, go watch a movie, BACK AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!!

Sometimes all we need is a fresh pair eyes and bit of perspective ;)_

x