You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Robotic bricklayer builds houses 3x faster than humans

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537

Comments

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I just watched a segment on the BBC news about this. Not great for bricklayers around the world, what do they do for a job when these take over?
    It’s a bit like when you go into your bank, the staff pleading with you to download their app and do your banking online, then the banks close lots of branches down claiming a lack of customers using them. I guess the older generation ,like me ,who like to talk to a human being, rather than getting lost in a myriad of options that never take you where you want to go on these apps, will be replaced by a generation who will never know the pleasures of queuing to sort out a problem with a real person.
  • Options
    pompeynic said:

I just watched a segment on the BBC news about this. Not great for bricklayers around the world, what do they do for a job when these take over?
    It’s a bit like when you go into your bank, the staff pleading with you to download their app and do your banking online, then the banks close lots of branches down claiming a lack of customers using them. I guess the older generation ,like me ,who like to talk to a human being, rather than getting lost in a myriad of options that never take you where you want to go on these apps, will be replaced by a generation who will never know the pleasures of queuing to sort out a problem with a real person.

I saw the same segment.
    I was surprised to see that the first video above was 5 years old.
    I suppose it is the unavoidable shape of things to come.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,603
    edited December 2022
    Bet they don’t stop for breakfast at ten o’clock or put their ciggy packets down the cavities.

Mind you they still probably take their money up front and then bu99er off to another job.

• Options
    On a serious note, why would they specially make bigger, stronger, lighter, bricks that minimise waste, for a robot to lay, as well as an adhesive that dries and sets in 45 minutes, rather than 1 or 2 days in the case of mortar, as it says in the second video, and not do the same for humans to lay.
    Strange.
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

Bet they don’t stop for breakfast at ten o’clock or put their ciggy packets down the cavities.

Mind you they still probably take their money up front and then bu99er off to another job.

And dont go on strike very often