You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

doubleme's update

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,710
So a lot of you have probably wondered why you have not seen me on the tables for some time. I am sure there has been tears and many people wondering what has been going on. maybe even some angry emails written to sky and possibly a strike.

Well the truth is I took a job in accounts and its an hour and a half commute each way. i have been struggling to wake up for work and make my way through the day getting up at 6.30am. each day. Normally I have been too tired to play poker when I finish work and with an hour and a half commute each way, come the weekend I have chosen to spend the time with my girlfriend instead as we were getting less time together with my new work schedule.

once I am deemed to have learned enough of the different jobs I can go hybride and work from home half the time. which will actually allow me to save a lot of time on travel then likely on days where I have two hybride days in a row or two none office days in a row (if we count weekends etc) I can go back to playing poker but really Its just not going to work for me to be stuck in a tournement till midnight if I have to be up at 8 the next day. (we can choose to work 8-4 from home but latest start 9am)
so this tournament thing is unlikely to work for me. which means I will have to go for sit and goes or cash games and I prefer sngs. Unfortunately the only games on sky for this will be dons which wont be worth it if I cannot commit a lot of the week to them as rakeback is a big deal there.

ultimately then I think I will have to do sit and goes on another site so I likely wont be around on sky much anymore. I will be at the tables from time to time though so you know.

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    We will miss you terribly, sob! Sky will go broke and the World will come to a END.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,112
    Happy Train Journeys.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Happy Train Journeys.

i get the bus in i dont get train in that often anymore its really because if we break it dowb i walk 10 mins to bus stop then wait 5 mins for bus then 20 minute bus ride to train station and then 17 minute train journey and then 20 minutes walk into work .

conersely the bus route is 5 min walk to bus stop wait 5 min for bus 15 min bus journey wait 10 mins for bus hour bus journey 5 min walk into work. the second option takes lo nger but crucially i can get study for my degree done on the bus which is good time use its not realistic to do that via the trains. on top of this first method costs £48.50 a week second method costs £29 a week .
  • Options
    I thought you wanted all train strikers to die ? But Hey Ho good luck in your new job.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I thought you wanted all train strikers to die ? But Hey Ho good luck in your new job.

I don't recall saying that if I did it was in anger and I didn't mean it but I don't recall saying I wished them dead
    It's hard to comment on forums because everyone is working remotely due to the striking scum and have had to unplug my computer to hook work computer up to screen. Not changing over before work finished tomorrow. And can't go on these forums on work computer. So have t9 use my phone for forums. Until whenever I finish tomorrow .
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

lucy4 said:

I don't recall saying that if I did it was in anger and I didn't mean it but I don't recall saying I wished them dead
    It's hard to comment on forums because everyone is working remotely due to the striking scum and have had to unplug my computer to hook work computer up to screen. Not changing over before work finished tomorrow. And can't go on these forums on work computer. So have t9 use my phone for forums. Until whenever I finish tomorrow .
    Sorry, I've just looked back and you didn't say that, I got confused with your other post about the trains.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548