You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Being told i don't have enough poker points for free tournaments.

Why do i regularly get shut out of free tournaments when ive achieved 10 or 50 poker points both the week before and the current week? I sometimes spend more money to get the points and im then shut out. It's a rip off and a scam yeah?

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,591
    sepali67 said:

Why do i regularly get shut out of free tournaments when ive achieved 10 or 50 poker points both the week before and the current week? I sometimes spend more money to get the points and im then shut out. It's a rip off and a scam yeah?

It would be quite useful if when you are told you do not have enough points to qualify for the tournament you were told how many you are short.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    edited January 2023
    One thing that might cause confusion is the rather odd time the points are credited to your account.

It is not when you register. It is not when the Tournament starts. It is (for MTTs) when late Reg closes. For DYMs when they finish. And for Cash when you leave the table.

It is not done as a "scam"-it is the limitations of the software. Similarly, the software can only cope with the time period when you register, rather than the Tournament start. So-for example-for the 18:00 20-pointer, you could get 20 points today between 16:00 and 18:00, enter that tournament today at 18:00 and tomorrow at 16:00 (when Reg opens).

Hope that helps.