You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Fastest (poker playing) Milkman in the South?

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
Some of you will remember Gary from his excellent Results Thread back in the day.

@GaryQQQ loves a challenge, and this one has his name written all over it. Running the London Marathon dressed as a Milkman, plus going for the World Record. Also running for Cancer Research.

Link (hopefully allowed) to donate is below or/and just wish him some luck on this thread.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/therunningmilkman?fbclid=IwAR34oJ0PMGMWc_Pt_AaRxjx1HUoAl4ajm3igpzBrO4UcA_Rfrx6qQ096iwY

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924

Thanks @MAXALLY, excellent thread.

Gary sent a Tweet this afternoon too...

• Options

Gary has played some 15,000 games on Sky Poker, dating back to the very start, & still plays here now, he was on site on Monday in fact.

He has two claims to fame here.

In the first, he started with a balance of nil, and starting off with freerolls, ran his balance up to £1,000, & kept a Diary on here chronicling his progress.

The challenge was;

Is it possible for a low-stakes recreational player to turn 1,000 Poker Points into 1,000 Pounds Sterling?

And the Diary of it is here (excuse the title, age & the software has not been kind to it)

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/97164/1-000-poker-points-gt-163-1-000-can-it-be-done-yes-latest-balance-163-1-089-01/p1

He also ran the Results Thread here for more years than I care to remember. It was a labour of love, he never received any money for doing it, & rarely got thanked, and it must have taken him a lot of time. I believe he ran it until around 2017.
  • Options

Here he is in action. He has runs dozens of marathons, all over the UK, as well as the famous Boston Marathon.

• Options
    Maybe I should have said Milk Delivery Person (Male variety) in this day and age ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the additional posts @Tikay10 . Just a shame there hasn't been more posts.......even if it was just to say 'good luck Gary' . I will periodically bump this thread, so it at least gets seen among the clap trap/daily news stuff.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,067
    Good luck, Gary. And I miss your results thread. Much as I like Tikay's.

15,000 games? Lightweight :)
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    Thanks guys!
    Yes, I still enjoy playing small stakes MTTs on Sky Poker (between training runs!). I have great memories of that 1,000 points to £1,000 challenge, it paid for my one and only (so far) trip to Vegas. Unfortunately my life is too busy to participate in forums these days, hence my absence as a poster in recent years.
    When I approached Guinness asking them to create this new world record category I requested it be named 'fastest marathon dressed as a milkman', and suggested it should require carrying one bottle of milk from the start line to the finish line.
    I was delighted when they approved my application, they don't approve many, however it they who decided upon the more politically correct wording 'milk deliverer (male)'. Their rules also require me to wear a traditional 1950s American-style milkman costume including cap, bow tie, belt and to carry at least four transparent bottles filled with milk. An adjudicator will be there on the day to make sure I comply with all the guidelines. I have to run a time they consider worthy of a world record, which in this case is less than 4 hours. That's a pretty tough target considering I'll be in fancy dress of course, and the milk bottles and carrier weigh 6lbs (2.7KG).
    Thank-you very much to Maxally for your generous donation to Cancer Research UK. Also to the anonymous donors if you are here.
    The London Marathon is on April 23rd. Watch out for me on TV and in the press!
  • Options

Great stuff @GaryQQQ & I hope it goes well & you get that GBOWR entry.

Let us know how you get on please.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Best of luck for Sunday, Gary.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Good luck Gary, you will smash it and congrats on raising so much money for charity🥛🕺🏃‍♂️
  • Options

Today's the day. You can track him on an App (see the link in Gary's Tweet) or you might even be able to spot him on the telly.

• Options
    JACKDAWJACKDAW Member Posts: 934
    13.5 miles complete, expected finish time of 3hrs 43 mins . Nice one mate
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052

I just happened to walk in the room when this was on.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,529
    I only ordered two pints......and he's late.
  • Options

I just happened to walk in the room when this was on.

Great photo, thanks @dragon1964
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,067
    Impressive time-well done.

Running so fast. One minute there. Next minute past your eyes...
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,641
    Well done Gary, respect o:)