You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heartbreak as respected teacher, 53, who was charged with assault

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,340
Heartbreak as respected teacher, 53, who was charged with assault after 'accidentally touching a pupil's hair' while confiscating a mobile from her 'takes her own life' days before she was due to face trial

The death of church minister's wife Katherine Scouler (pictured centre), 53, has shocked colleagues and locals. The mother-of-two was due to appear in court on Thursday accused of assaulting a student at Hawick High School (pictured right), 50 miles south of Edinburgh. It is believed the classroom incident happened as the languages teacher tried to confiscate a mobile phone from a pupil and accidentally caught the girl's hair. Colleagues are believed to have been 'furious' at what they say was a lack of support from her employer, Scottish Borders Council. Last night, her heartbroken family said: 'Her sudden death has left us completely devastated. No words can express the sense of loss we feel about her passing.' She was discovered by her husband Michael (pictured left), a Church of Scotland minister and NHS chaplain, and was rushed to Borders General Hospital and then transferred to Glasgow Royal Infirmary, where she died three days later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11740423/Respected-teacher-53-takes-life-days-trial.html

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,596
    Terrible.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,340
    tai-gar said:

Terrible.

Tragic.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I have had many a conversation with my children on the topic of pupils taking mobile phones into school, it goes something like this “ If I was a teacher the first thing I would do would be to confiscate all mobile phones “

Of course I was berated.

I can see zero reason for a pupil to take a phone to school, and lots against.
    There is usually the ( bull…t ) reasoning of “ what if there’s an emergency?

Take away the phones, get children and young adults conversing with each other and playing more sports, teach more useful skills , get our younger generation ready for the world instead of churning out zombies more interested in tik tok and only fans .

Being a teacher these days must be one of the toughest jobs out there.