You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Newbuild estate where you have a 'lifechanging' chance to buy a home for JUST £1

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,335
through pioneering housing scheme

There are around 300 homes available as part of the £34million Marches estate in Wolverhampton. The help-to-buy scheme allows people to purchase three and four-bedroom houses after renting for 25 years. There are 100 homes in the complex which can be bought for just one pound as part of a loyalty premium. The scheme was set up specifically for hardworking people who have struggled to save for a deposit and want to fulfil the dream of owning their own home.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11743373/Newbuild-estate-chance-buy-home-JUST-1-pioneering-housing-scheme.html

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    It costs more than £1.

Everyone knows that, if you buy your Council House, you have to change the front door so that passers-by know you've bought it :)
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Essexphil said:

It costs more than £1.

Everyone knows that, if you buy your Council House, you have to change the front door so that passers-by know you've bought it :)

Had to have a chuckle at this Phil , it’s pretty spot on tbh.
    The new build estate where I live has a % of rental houses ( whether they are Council or Housing association I forget )
    You can absolutely tell which ones they are, the bins for them are left in the road to ensure nobody parks in front of “their” house.
    Plus the gardens are an eyesore , with some having last years tacky Halloween plastic witches laying there.
    I was brought up on a council estate, things have drastically changed, what is the matter with todays society of “ I’m entitled to a house “ etc.