You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Watch as saboteur is knocked to ground

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,058
    There have been lots of instances where hunts have behaved appallingly towards saboteurs.

That's not 1 of them. If you stand in front of a gate knowing fine well that the horse intends to jump it, then you are as thick as mince.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,326
    Essexphil said:

There have been lots of instances where hunts have behaved appallingly towards saboteurs.

That's not 1 of them. If you stand in front of a gate knowing fine well that the horse intends to jump it, then you are as thick as mince.

Isnt that similar to saying that it is ok to run protesters over if they are blocking the M25.
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 906
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Isnt that similar to saying that it is ok to run protesters over if they are blocking the M25.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who would say that's ok too.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

No. Riding a horse is not the same as driving a car. You are not in complete control of a horse-unlike a car, it has its own agenda. If a horse has decided to jump an obstacle from a yard out, you are not going to stop it. There is absolutely no evidence there that the huntsman meant to hit the sab. There is nowhere else for the horse to jump, thanks to the numpty sitting right in the middle of the gate.

It is more akin to a protester suddenly lying in the road, blissfully unaware that he is too close to that car and its braking distance, and then blaming the car driver.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I would be one of them.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I would be one of them.
    I don't think you can run them over :)

But dragging them to the side of the road and having a frank exchange of views seems fine to me ;)

I recall protesters getting on top of tube trains in the East End in Rush Hour a while back. Don't think they'll be doing that again in a hurry...
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,524
    Mote point that the rider is not in control ........not wild rodeo stallion. Yee-Haw !
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

No. Riding a horse is not the same as driving a car. You are not in complete control of a horse-unlike a car, it has its own agenda. If a horse has decided to jump an obstacle from a yard out, you are not going to stop it. There is absolutely no evidence there that the huntsman meant to hit the sab. There is nowhere else for the horse to jump, thanks to the numpty sitting right in the middle of the gate.

It is more akin to a protester suddenly lying in the road, blissfully unaware that he is too close to that car and its braking distance, and then blaming the car driver.
    Click on the link, watch the video in full, and see if that changes your opinion.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    goldon said:

Mote point that the rider is not in control ........not wild rodeo stallion. Yee-Haw !

I take it you have never ridden a horse.

It's not as simple as being in control-if a horse is travelling at about 20 mph, and preparing to jump a gate, good luck in stopping it...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

I take it you have never ridden a horse.

It's not as simple as being in control-if a horse is travelling at about 20 mph, and preparing to jump a gate, good luck in stopping it...
    The video in full appears to show that he is in complete control of the horse.
  • Options
    Have ridden before me bum was sore for weeks, walking like John Wayne.

It did look round at me few times as if to say " Tw1t "

• Options
    edited February 2023
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I suppose the other option is for the huntsmen and dogs all to abandon their lawful activity because of the man on the gate. Why should that happen?

Click on the link, watch the video in full, and see if that changes your opinion.
    I did. And it didn't.

The options are to jump to the left (as we see it, and as he did), jump into the tree branches at the right, plough through the nitwit sitting in the middle, or emergency stop, whereupon the horse will be out of control, and the rider likely go over the gate.

I suppose all the huntsmen, and all the dogs, could abandon their perfectly lawful activity because of some self-entitled man sitting on the fence. But-why should they?

The options the sab had was to run to safety to his right or move into the inevitable path of the horse to his left. He chose badly. Not his fault-most saboteurs live in the nice bits of big cities, normally with mater and pater, and do not understand the countryside. Which is, of course, while they protest about hunts even where no animal gets killed. And make poor choices in relation to safety.

I detest traditional hunting. And couldn't care less about the new form.

The person to blame is the cretin sitting on the fence.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Which is the lesser of the two evils The Butlins Red Coat ... or ... The Black Coats Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I suppose the other option is for the huntsmen and dogs all to abandon their lawful activity because of the man on the gate. Why should that happen?

I did. And it didn't.

The options are to jump to the left (as we see it, and as he did), jump into the tree branches at the right, plough through the nitwit sitting in the middle, or emergency stop, whereupon the horse will be out of control, and the rider likely go over the gate.

The third option was to not jump the gate.
    No emergency stop was required.
    He walked up to the gate, turned, and then made a calculated decision to jump the gate, despite the 2 sabs being in the way.

I suppose all the huntsmen, and all the dogs, could abandon their perfectly lawful activity because of some self-entitled man sitting on the fence. But-why should they?

All the huntsmen numbered just 2.
    50% of which didnt jump the gate.
    He could have waited for the sab that was attempting to get out of the way, actually did so, before jumping.

The options the sab had was to run to safety to his right or move into the inevitable path of the horse to his left. He chose badly. Not his fault-most saboteurs live in the nice bits of big cities, normally with mater and pater, and do not understand the countryside. Which is, of course, while they protest about hunts even where no animal gets killed. And make poor choices in relation to safety.

I detest traditional hunting. And couldn't care less about the new form.

The person to blame is the cretin sitting on the fence.
    I believe hunting is barbaric.
    I am not very keen on protesters either.

Are you saying that had the sab been severely injured, or even killed, that there would have been no legal repercussions for the huntsman?
    I used to follow horse racing very closely in my younger days, which made me well aware of the severe injuries that were inflicted on jockeys after being galloped over by horses.

I am confused.
    We sing the praises of being a democracy.
    This gives us the right to protest.
    Yet you see nothing wrong with a huntsman jumping a gate, and landing on a protester.
    An outcome that was guaranteed when he turned the horse around, and ran at the gate.
    I see no difference in having a word with protesters blocking a road, warning them that you intend to drive through, and then running them over if they didnt get out of the way in time.

• Options
    Riding a Lethal Weapon.....