You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lee Anderson declines delivery of 48,000 posters after asking Lib Dems to send them to him

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,347

The Liberal Democrats have responded to a request by a Conservative MP to deliver 48,000 posters criticising his views on the death penalty and foodbanks.

Two Lib Dem councillors wheeled several boxes of posters to the constituency office of Lee Anderson, Tory MP for Ashfield, on Wednesday.

Mr Anderson had shared a picture of what he described as an “attack poster” on his Twitter account on Saturday, and said: “Please drop me 48,000 off and I will deliver them myself in Ashfield.”

But when the Lib Dems arrived on Wednesday afternoon, they were told by one of Mr Anderson’s staff members that they couldn’t drop the posters off at his constituency office in Sutton-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, as according to a staff member, they could not be delivered to a parliamentary office due to it being paid for by the taxpayer.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/lee-anderson-declines-delivery-of-48-000-posters-after-asking-lib-dems-to-send-them-to-him/ar-AA17wyKm?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8c07f99ca42d4483b5d3ca42cbea2ef7