You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

What's Your Poker Name and Why?

SolidStan1SolidStan1 Member Posts: 235
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Guess I'll start this One!

Solidstan1 - Well simple, my name is Stan, and SolidStan was the first name i thought of when I started online gameing in general. Nothing to do with me being a Solid player (haha).

The "1" thats a different story, I had a phone call from sky poker asking me why I had two accounts, both with player name solidstan, I did not know this myself but the address used to open the accounts matched (I think i remember now opening an account many years ago, but never could got the hang of the game) and then opened a second account by mistake.

Sky then mistakenly closed the wrong account (the one i was using), and sent me my login and pass for my old account. Then when I logged in, it requested I change my user name, as solidstan had already been taken, so i added the 1.

Comments

• Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited July 2009
    Dudeskin8 - Basically back about 10 years ago, got first computor and needed a name for Yahoo to start playig the pool, my little bro had a pair of trackies with dudeskin on them (obviously didnt catch on lol) and i used that but strangely sum1 had it so added the 8 as it sounds cool, lol.
  • jasonjeggojasonjeggo Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2009
    SIMPLE PUT MY NAME IN THE ALIAS BY MISTAKE & COULDNT CHANGE IT LOL
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    edited July 2009
    Named after the horribly creepy character from 80's kid's TV show 'Jigsaw'.

• TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited July 2009

TENOFSPADES WAS A NATIONAL HUNT RACEHORSE  ,THAT RACED IN THE LATE 80S IN THE CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP ,AGAINST THE LIKES OF DESERT ORCHID.MADE A FEW QUID BACKING THIS HORSE OVER THE YEARS AND THOUGHT IT APPROPRIATE FOR PLAYING POKER WITH ALSO. GL AT THE TABLES ALL .TEN

• TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited July 2009
    PS ,I DO LIKE LIKE THIS POST STAN,IT WILL B AN INTERESTIG READ
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: What's Your Poker Name and Why?:
    PS ,I DO LIKE LIKE THIS POST STAN,IT WILL B AN INTERESTIG READ
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Your right there Ten
    Can`t wait to see the BUDGIRL/GLITTERBABE rationals
    LOL

• SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited July 2009
    SolarCarro - A made up name "SolarCarrot" to enter a fantasy football league , the "t" got dropped because of the 10 letter rule, always get called Solar on the TV show though.

Dave
  • wooooshwoooosh Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009

Simple - When I first started playing on a different site it was a case now you see me now you dont!.  Knocked out of tournies and sit and gos so fast left a woooosh sound behind. 

Should now change my name to snail :)

Mel (Mad 4 Tennis)

• CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited July 2009
    Used to have a profile on some stupid networking site when I was younger and I'd just bought my first car...a clio so my name on there was cliokid.

Anyhow, I moved into my own flat a couple of years ago and had no internet for the first week or so, then I remembered that there was Sky Poker which you could play through the TV, so I signed up for that using CLIOKID thinking it didn't matter what I'd call myself on it as I'd never use it again once I got the internet....two years later I'm still resenting my choice to call myself this.

Although to be fair the name annoys the heck out of me, so I hope it tilts others too. Lol.

• mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2009
    i think my name speaks for its self, its a bit like my poker, unimaginative ;)
  • NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2009
    Mines pretty boring!

I was just creating my account and couldnt think of an alias and the film 'Norbit' was on at the time, so yea thats it! lol
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited July 2009
    ClioKid - My first car was a Clio too so your name always brings back some happy memories actually haha.

Mine is boring...second name and fav number...Ryan86 would be more accurate actually...wish I could change it now tho to something a bit more inventive.
  • clueless10clueless10 Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2009
    My poker name explains itself unfortunately, but I am trying, some people might say I'm very trying.
  • SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited July 2009

The first account I created when I first discovered the interweb was on an Elvis Costello fan site.  Registered my name as 'So Lacklustre' which is taken from a corny line in Elvis' song Possesion (fantastic track btw, on the Get Happy!! album).  The line is from this verse:

"Now you're sending me your best wishes,
    signed with love and vicious kisses
    You lack ****, you're so lacklustre
    Is that all the strength you can muster?
    Possession"

Have used that name, or derivatives of it, ever since (9/10 years).

• silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2009
    I'm a big Kevin Smith fan and love the Jay & Silent Bob films, hence the name. Probably should've gone for Jay really seeing as my name's Jason.
  • Huck_NallHuck_Nall Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2009

I live in Hucknall - seemed a good idea at the time, before I realised that a certain ginger haired fellow had the same name!
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited July 2009
    I'm Welsh - Draig means "Dragon" in Welsh...dunno seemed good at the time, used it online for years now.
  • namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2009
    Mine is namesb0nd cause my names Bond!
  • Penny_LessPenny_Less Member Posts: 234
    edited July 2009
    mine's cos i'm SKINT...poker's ruined my life :o)
  • edited July 2009
    I sort of named myself after a beer - a real ale of course. Way way back, well about 4 years ago, the first name I picked was Vital Spark, a beer brewed by Fyne Ales, but that name wasn't available so I went for the next one along which was Somerled (also brewed by Fyne Ales) - he was also the first Lord of the Isles back in 1400 or something. It was available and the rest, as they say, is history. 
    My dog's also called Somer which I felt was possibly the female equivalent of Somerled. Which isn't really relevant but adds a bit of colour to an otherwise dull tale.