You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's time for March madness with the Orfordable League, including added prizes

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,028
edited April 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, March Week 5 of 5

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on April 7th 2023

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:March 3rd- Winner: SidV79; League leader: SidV79

Week 2: March 10th- Winner: giesahaun; League leader: Boxster

Week 3: March 17th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: giesahaun

Week 4: March 24th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: giesahaun

Week 5: March 31st- Winner: Humphrey43; League Winner: giesahaun; Runner-up: gogogadget

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 7th 2023
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 7th 2023

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday April 7th 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk and welcome to a brand new month, I hope everyone is well.
    This month is a 5-weeker so an extra week to get your teeth into and maybe, just maybe take home a prize at the end of the month.
    Congratulations to our prizewinners for February @stokefc & @diamondlee. both will be entered into tonight's 9.30pm £11 BH, best of luck to both of them. Hope to see everyone for the Orfy tonight and for those that do play I wish you all good luck.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    in pls. IND
  • Options
    Hi @Chris_Mc , welcome to the Orfordable League. I shall add you to the list and you will be able to see your score(s) on the Saturday morning after the previous night's tourney. Good luck if you play tonight

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, it was a good start to the month as there were 49 taking the plunge last night with just 18 being Orfy regged and of those, 5 were FTers.
    After returning from Oz @Boxster wasted no time in laying down a marker as he took the FT wooden spoon with 10th place last night leaving him in 5th overall, welcome back Boxy & well played.
    One place higher in 9th, and 4th overall, was @supercrazy who is known for making the FT on a regular basis, well played Mr crazy.
    It was in December Week 1 the last time that @MAXALLY made the FT but he put that long absence to bed last night with a 6th place finish making him 3rd overall, well played Alan.
    Having only joined our merry band of players two weeks ago @gogogadget made his/her maiden FT appearance with a 3rd place finish last night and also claiming 2nd overall, congratulations on making your first FT, well played gogo.
    As a rule I usually congratulate anyone who wins one of our tournies but I am not going to do that this week as last night's winner, also now sitting atop the League, was myself so well done me lol.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the League table after March Week 1

• Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Well done @SidV79 , congrats on the win. A crappy night for me but at least I finished higher up than @Asho28 :p
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited March 2023

Well done @SidV79 , congrats on the win. A crappy night for me but at least I finished higher up than @Asho28 :p

Think I had already bust by the time you late-regged it. :lol:

Well played @SidV79
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,525
    Sad, I missed last night's game.
    In hospital, cannot plaY on the tablet.
    Well done Sid
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    wynne1938 said:

Well done Sid

Get well soon mate
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Well done Sid

Thank you and get well soon Wynne
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    wynne1938 said:

Well done Sid

Sorry to hear Wynne, hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Options
    Asho28 said:

Think I had already bust by the time you late-regged it. :lol:

Well played @SidV79
    Think you had mate, but only just!
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    edited March 2023
    Even a blind squirrel finds the nuts occasionally :D

(Paula & myself took the night off to help you out) :smile:
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Andy won? FIX! 👹💩👹

Sid, I must re-join this sometime

Glgl
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the snow. This is Week 2 (of 5) meaning that there is oodles of time for you all to get two decent scores in the race to a prize this month. Will our League leader be dislodged this week? We shall find out tonight. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight, here is the autoreg list

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,525
    Still in hospital ,so unable to join you tonight.
    Good luck All
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Still in hospital ,so unable to join you tonight.
    Good luck All

Hi Wynne. thanks for letting us know. I hope all is going well and that you are back with us sooner rsther than later
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Good news , I have just been discharged from hospital, look forward to joining you tonight

Sounds like a Wynne win situation... ;)
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, we have a new League leader. There were 34 players trying their luck last night with exactly half, 17, being Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT. A first FT of the month, finishing in 7th place, for @GrowUrOwn who now sits in 13th overall, well played Grow.
    Finishing one place lower in 8th place last night was @Asho28, his first FT of the month, he now occupies 11th overall, well played Ash.
    Another with his first FT of the month was @giesahaun who took last nights tourney down with a very good win leaving him in 4th overall, congratulations and very well played @giesahaun.
    Yet another first time FT of the month went the wat of @Boomswitch who finished one place lower in 2nd last night, but sits one place higher in the League taking 3rd overall, well played Boom.
    Also making his debut FT of the month @THECHIMP managed his way up to 6th last night and is now 2nd overall, well played Mr Chimp.
    The only player to make it two FTs from two this month is @Boxster who repeated his feat of taking the FT wooden spoon by finishing in 10th last but that was enough to move him to the top of the overall League standings so he now sits proudly at the top of the league, well played Boxy.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week (& perhaps a few more players?).so here is the updated League table after March Week 2

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the scores on the doors are in. For the third week in a row we have a new League leader. There were 37 starters this week, 17 being Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT.
    A first FT of the month for @gibbzy who finished 2nd last night and now sits 13th in the League, well played gibbzy.
    Our favourite couple both made the FT again with @fredsgirl coming worse off this time but her 8th place last night means she is now in 9th overall, well played Paula.
    With his better half already finished @goldnballz made a good fist of it by finishing in 3rd last night and is now 6th overall, well played Keith.
    Our top two from last week, @Boxster @THECHIMP, have both dropped out of the top three, sittting 5th & 7th respectively in our new League table, still plenty of time to move back up guys.
    Last month's runner-up @diamondlee made his first FT of this month by finishing in 6th place last night, helping him to climb up into 3rd place overall, well played lee.
    Our lowest place finisher on the FT last night in 9th was @Boomswitch, whom, after making his 2nd FT of the month, now occupies 2nd place overall, well played Boom.
    Last weeks winner @giesahaun could not quite make the top spot again but his 7th place finish leaves him on a very competitive score of 8 and sitting proudly at the very top of the League, well played giesahaun.
    I would like to thank everyone who played last night and hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after March Week 3