You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your top 20 Punk bands ranked

2»

Comments

• Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,035

I remember The Inset.

Lotus records became, once Mike Lloyd's disappeared, the main place for tickets, band shirts etc. Used to get thrown out all the time for taking my chips n curry sauce from the Fishnet chippy in, whilst browsing albums.

Also after I became a metalhead it was the best source of records as the mainstream shops didn't even know how to spell "Heavy".

You are, of course, right Mark, Lotus did become the only place to buy tickets as well as being the best place in Hanley to get either Punk or Heavy records. I used to get most of my Punk from The Music Shop on N/c Ironmarket, I had used that place for a few years and the owner let me listen to new releases when they came out (liked Glam Rock back then lol). He also introduced me to Punk when the Damned's "New Rose" came into the shop on the day it was released in Oct 1976 (about 3 weeks before "Anarchy" hit the shops) and said to me that he thought I would like it- he wasn't wrong lol. Couldn;t eat in there either lol
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    I was 16 in 84 and my music at the time was more hard indie like Spear of Destiny ,Southern Death Cult/The Cult , Sisters of Mercy , i had the box head to go with it , so at the time i put Killing Joke in that catagory until i went to the gig that was