You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Satellites to SPT Las Vegas will start on Monday 10th April.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,772

Full details will follow shortly.

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,648
    So quick question, the five star hotel is it all inclusive food and drink or is that something we have to pay for separately?
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

So quick question, the five star hotel is it all inclusive food and drink or is that something we have to pay for separately?

@Doubleme

No, it's not all-inclusive, you have to pay for food & drink.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

thanks for confirming that is a shame.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,169
    edited April 2023
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

WOW !!!

(sorry Tony)

........ talk about ungrateful David :o

....tho' you can stock up food from the WELCOME PARTY ;):D
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    >:)>:):D

HELLS KITCHEN

is just up the road too David @Doubleme
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

WOW !!!

(sorry Tony)

........ talk about ungrateful David :o

....tho' you can stock up food from the WELCOME PARTY ;):D
    its not that I am grateful or ungrateful its just one has to take into account the expense they would incur and unfortunately I am not in the position to afford eating out at restaurants for every meal for 7 days in vegas. to **** how generous the sky promotion is compared to other promotions I would need to work out probability from information I do not have. EG how many entries there would likely be in the ticket raffle and the expected value I would have in this promotion etc etc.

I cant possibly comment whether this is good or bad value I just do not have several grand to spare at the moment and unless I am going to a 7 11 to buy budget junk non refrigerator food this would be the reality. Unless of course they have an oven stove and refrigerator in the rooms but I did not think to ask that because whilst I have seen that in a hotel before its very very rare.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    There's a Denny's virtually next door to the Hotel for decent cheapish Breakfast ....last you most of the day,...... and for Cheapish Dinner too

I promise you, you won't regret spending a few extra $$$$$ for the experience

.....It's FANTASTIC

:)<3B)

WINNING the Ticket is the hard part ....... but really worth it if you do

GOOD LUCK David :)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Many (most?) of us - don't bother with restaurants, there are plenty of cheap eateries, takeaway Burger Bars & Pizza Parlours, Wendy's, Dennys, Smash Burger, Chick-A-Fill etc etc. Personally, I always start with a trip to Walmart, & stock up on bits & pieces - good value sandwiches, cakes, pies, soda etc. A bottle of soda (Tango, Cola, Mountain Dew) is around 50c in Walmarts, compared to as much as $5 in the Hotel Convenience Shops or Walgreens/CVC.

And if anyone needs to work out "probability" then I'd say that's over-thinking it & this is not the package for them. It's just a fun experience, where a bunch of like-minded folks do Vegas, form into groups, run together, play together & have a ball. If you are so minded, you can do Vegas on very little money if someone is paying for your hotel room & contributing to your flight costs.
  • Options
    TheSawTheSaw Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2023
    "The package is worth approximately £4,400 which includes £1,000 in cash to help cover your flight costs".

Just curious:
    I can currently book a 7 night stay for 29/7 to 5/8 in a Luxury King suite direct with the Palazzo (or on the various hotel booking sites) for $1330 + $315 resort fees =$1645 (or £1350)
    Tournament buy in $800 = £650
    £1000 cash to help with flight costs.
    £1350 + £650 + £1000 = £3000

Appreciate there's a couple of informal food & drink evenings, but unless they're serving Cristal champagne and caviar.........???

Am I missing something?

• Options
    TheSaw said:

"The package is worth approximately £4,400 which includes £1,000 in cash to help cover your flight costs".

Just curious:
    I can currently book a 7 night stay for 29/7 to 5/8 in a Luxury King suite direct with the Palazzo (or on the various hotel booking sites) for $1330 + $315 resort fees =$1645 (or £1350)
    Tournament buy in $800 = £650
    £1000 cash to help with flight costs.
    £1350 + £650 + £1000 = £3000

Appreciate there's a couple of informal food & drink evenings, but unless they're serving Cristal champagne and caviar.........???

Am I missing something?

@TheSaw

Hi,

I can't help I'm afraid, I really don't know how the package & it's component parts have been valued.
  • Options

Just to confirm the approx package value is £4,000, not £4,400 as originally stated.

See explanation here;

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/comment/1296187
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I wish i’d read all this earlier
    I really wouldn’t have bothered.
    I got around 100 points each raffle week. Now i know how disappointing the package is i feel misled.