You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

$4 to $1000 can we do it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited May 2023
    You also posted this on April 5th, its now 28th May and still no news of hittin $1000.... which tells you are yo -yo ing, apologies if you took offence at this, buts its just the facts right?

May 26 you state you are at $161..... from 5th April.......
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    If you read my posts again, my grievance is with players making alot of money and i clearly said i did not include you in what i was saying about them! I thought you were ok compared to the others :(

Anyway good luck with TheEdge on my thread, you have really done it now, despite you supporting him in the past! :#
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,663
    TheWaddy said:

If you read my posts again, my grievance is with players making alot of money and i clearly said i did not include you in what i was saying about them! I thought you were ok compared to the others :(

Anyway good luck with TheEdge on my thread, you have really done in now, despite you supporting him in the past! :#

ok so your doing a haysie and making multiple posts.

1. getting backed for $500 a day does not proof anything but anyone who has basic math skills and understands poker would know that you would need to either play too few games at higher stakes which any results could be due to variance. Or playing micro stakes its that simple the ROI on games is not massive 20% ROI would be a big deal for most games these some small stakes tourneys you can get more on. 20% would be $100 a day. yes you need some ability to get backed but this is not been backed at the top level.
    2. what the heck are you on about the White paper has come and gone one of my and many others concerns was they went for wagering limits. If they had done this it would have killed poker in the UK outright. They have not done this. It is not how much you wager but how much you deposit/withdraw and how much you win and lose. if anyone wagering £350 or more a day was flagged for affordability checks every single reg able to make a living from the game not one exception would be affordability checked.
    3. my results on stars are good for where I am and how much work I have put in so far in case you dont know stars is not my main site or where most of my volume is from. you know I am studying for an exam and working a job and there not even my main site. Yes if I was playing 8 hours a day every day from then it would be pretty poor performance. Its just a site I log onto for a few quick ultras here and there.
    4. you seem to have this construction of friends and enemies and forming alliances or enemies here. There are a few small handful of people on here who I would consider decent people who then a small handful who I consider **** and then the vast majority who are just random names online. You put far too much effort into imagining this social structure that does not exist. In regards to @TheEdge949 I dont like or dislike the guy I dont know him in life I agree with the guy on some things I disagree with him on others. I dont sit here wondering whether I have ruined my relationship with him or not or whether he is friend or foe because I really am not fussed.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,478
    TheWaddy said:

I would consider someone backing me for $500 a day to be a good indicator to my poker ability. I was not backed for micro stakes games, i just play these now due to the results of Black Friday.

Ive no idea what that 2nd to last post was, but a little worrying.

You are talking about turning $4 into $1000 as its a big deal, but then are saying its no big deal when its something i do as standard!

To get backed i had to deposit $10 and make $1000, that was the qualification. It took me about 10 days i think in the times of pre black friday when bad beats were just bad beats.

You are gambling $400 a day but your title is can you make $1000?????

And you are saying that its me they should be looking at for responsible gambling?

You could not get backed right now, as your making money and **** it off again....

I guess it all depends on how you want to look at something
    Equally one could say that you playing £1 games and freerolls is another good indicator of your poker ability
  • Options
    Micro stakes is what i choose to play, when lets face it, i cudnt make it any clearer wot my thoughts on the performance of online poker is.

Clearly it would be rather silly of me to wager large sums, with my beliefs.

However, a staking deal via an online staking company is only given on one qualifying point and one alone.... the ability to turn a small deposit into a specified amount that most players cant reach. So one is a choice and one is proof.

How i get warnings for trolling, is quite baffling, considering you must be the most aggressive troll on this forum along with Kinda.... its the only posts either of you make!
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

My point is people who make money on online poker to a good degree, irrespective of the stakes involved, know the deck is not going to perform the same as a real one.

They know this. Youre yo yo-ing at the moment, so youre not at the win rate that im talking about. But when you start to win consistently, the realisation will have set in on how you are doing this.

My grievance is that the vast majority who are making that good percentage profit, get annoyed when i point it out to the average players (you will notice alot came in immediately on my early posts).

They like it kept quiet, as like me, they have learned over many years to adjust to an online deck. They also want to come across as some kind of site ambassador.... many are desperate for sponsorship and you sure wont get that if you are seen to be biting the hand that will feed you!

They have also won many tournament packages, been treated very well by online companies and obviously its in their own selfish interests to let this continue.

what the hle are you talking abot i not g0ing to get spiongoaip i not a ambsaod no site gouibg spongr auti ct duse that metions dominatroc and styuf u just chat etc,

think you inb your won world.
    Is the exam you are studying for Latin??
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,173
    TheWaddy said:

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

My point is people who make money on online poker to a good degree, irrespective of the stakes involved, know the deck is not going to perform the same as a real one.

They know this. Youre yo yo-ing at the moment, so youre not at the win rate that im talking about. But when you start to win consistently, the realisation will have set in on how you are doing this.

My grievance is that the vast majority who are making that good percentage profit, get annoyed when i point it out to the average players (you will notice alot came in immediately on my early posts).

They like it kept quiet, as like me, they have learned over many years to adjust to an online deck. They also want to come across as some kind of site ambassador.... many are desperate for sponsorship and you sure wont get that if you are seen to be biting the hand that will feed you!

They have also won many tournament packages, been treated very well by online companies and obviously its in their own selfish interests to let this continue.

what the hle are you talking abot i not g0ing to get spiongoaip i not a ambsaod no site gouibg spongr auti ct duse that metions dominatroc and styuf u just chat etc,

I think we can tell when David (Doubleme) has had a drink (...or three)

Great Fun trying to work out what he's typed :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

TheWaddy said:

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

I think we can tell when David (Doubleme) has had a drink (...or three)

Great Fun trying to work out what he's typed :)
    yeah been girlfriends birthday recently added to the extra end of the season southampton are down celebrations I been having a bit to drink the last few days. But coming up to intensive study for exam coming up shortly. then after that intense tidy for flat inspection because when you let they need to treat you like children maybe I should ask for a wollipop before they leave.

then after that its prolly another chill night maybe alcohol maybe not then after that its summer of poker and work and etc.
  • Options
    Even though being staked for $3500 per week seemed to be something that in your opinion is easy to achieve and appear to dismiss any opinion i have, I will still give you this advice....

Being on a poker site at times when your first language turns to Latin, will always be a huge 'leak' in your attempts to make anything, let alone this thread headline.

Just take it as good advice, rather than something you feel you need to retaliate to :)
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Even though being staked for $3500 per week seemed to be something that in your opinion is easy to achieve and appear to dismiss any opinion i have, I will still give you this advice....

Being on a poker site at times when your first language turns to Latin, will always be a huge 'leak' in your attempts to make anything, let alone this thread headline.

Just take it as good advice, rather than something you feel you need to retaliate to :)

you mean dont play when drunk? wow what great advice I never would have thought of this by myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URnJzUPChSg

I may post when drunk but outside of free rolls or very occasionly absolute micro stakes, where I dont care at all I do not play poker when drunk.
  • Options
    I totally believe that when you are so drunk that are unable to type, you have just logged on to read the forum posts and make the sensible decision to play only those cheap games that you dont usually play :#

Im sure Scotty Nguyen knows its good advice too, but sticking to it is clearly another thing!

Anyway you have cleared $161 in nearly 2 months, whilst gambling $432 a day.... you have shown you know what you are doing....

This thread was going totally as a decent conversation, until i mentioned you are yo-yo ing and not making money at present. You seem to have taken this as a big insult, yet you have personally given up the facts to arrive at this calculation!

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

I totally believe that when you are so drunk that are unable to type, you have just logged on to read the forum posts and make the sensible decision to play only those cheap games that you dont usually play :#

Im sure Scotty Nguyen knows its good advice too, but sticking to it is clearly another thing!

Anyway you have cleared $161 in nearly 2 months, whilst gambling $432 a day.... you have shown you know what you are doing....

This thread was going totally as a decent conversation, until i mentioned you are yo-yo ing and not making money at present. You seem to have taken this as a big insult, yet you have personally given up the facts to arrive at this calculation!

firstly I live with my girlfriend who is aware of me been drunk and would stop me if I was going to.

You are not following things I write I said when I play a full day on sky I would be wagering $432. I am not wagering $432 a day on stars. I have pointed out several times this.

you know texastommo did a bankroll challenge where he is aiming to turn $100 into $10,000 last I saw he was at roughly 2k dollars after several months.

Why? because isnt playing full time on this challenge. If I simply played $1 ultras full time over several months I would be a lot closer to 10k then this guy of course I would be having to withdraw to afford the internet cafe as I would be homeless and sleeping in a tent because the hourly you can make from micro ultras would not be anywhere near enough to pay my rent and bills.

hence why this was never a full time thing but yeah **** my rent and my having a place to live fucvk my exam I will dedicate my full time to this to prove an idiot on the internet wrong, and become homeless and fail my exam.

btw that is sarcasm again.
  • Options
    So is the exam Latin or not?
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

So is the exam Latin or not?

might as well be for some bits of it I am giving up on homomorphisms and 3d shapes for group theory just cant get it which means I will have to focus extra hard on analysis and Linear algebra.