You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

April showers abound, stay indoors & play the Orfordable League, with extra prizes to be won

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,038
edited April 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, April Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on May 5th 2023

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:April 7th- Winner: unregged player; League Leader: MAXALLY

Week 2: April 14th- Winner: fredsgirl; League leader: stokefc

Week 3: April 21st- Winner: unregged player; league Leader: stokefc

Week 4: April 28th- Winner: MAXALLY; League Winner: MAXALLY; Runner-up: stokefc

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 5th 2023
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 5th 2023

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday May 5th 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and welcome to the April showers edition. This month has just the four Fridays to play so give it your best shot, maybe you will win a prize at month's end & celebrate by taking down your prize on May 5th. With that I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, see you at the tables.
    Our two prizewinners for March @giesahaun & @gogogadget will be automatically entered into tonight;s 9.30pm £11 BH, I wish you both the very best of luck.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    badbeatashbadbeatash Member Posts: 17
    Hi would like to register to be involved in this. Name - Badbeatash-Ind. Thanks.
  • Options

Hi would like to register to be involved in this. Name - Badbeatash-Ind. Thanks.

Hi @badbeatash, welcome to the Orfordable League. I shall add you to the list and you will be able to see your score(s) in my Saturday morning post. We are a friendly bunch us Orfy folk and as such, good hearted table banter is encouraged. I hope you enjoy the tourney and good luck.

Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 1 is done and dusted. There were 39 starters last night, with 19 being Orfy regged and of those 5 made the FT.
    The FT wooden spoon went to @bornablade, whose beloved Blades look like they are soon going to have a P by their name in The Championship promotion race, his 10th place last night leaves him in 5th overall, well played blade.
    On the subject of 5th places, that is where we go next as @weecheez1 took 5th place last night, leaving him in 4th overall, well played cheez.
    One place higher in 4th was an Orfy debutant, only joining our merry band yesterday but managing a 4th place finish, @badbeatash now sits in 3rd place in the League, well played badbeat.
    Talking of Championship footy we have a Potters (cannot believe they lost yesterday- ruined my acca- meh) lockout at the top of the (Orfy) League table with @stokefc, a regular FT'er, finishing in 3rd place last night and now in 2nd overall, well played Sean.
    A single place higher, finishing in 2nd, was @MAXALLY, this FT appearance being his first since March Week 1 but enough to leave him sitting in 1st place in the League, very well played Alan.
    Thank you to everyone who played , I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the League table after April Week 1

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Here we are at Week 2 already and it is true that time goes more quickly the older you get. That aside there are still 3 weeks to go for the League so everybody can still take a prize by the end of the month.
    I would like to wish each and every single one of you who plays tonight the very best of luck. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, it is Grand National day so who do you fancy? Myself, I am going for Corach Rambler as I backed it ante-post (20/1- win only) plus another two ew, Eva's Oskar at 50/1 and Our Power at 22/1, good luck with your bets if you have any.
    Onto last night's tourney, there were 44 players making the start line with 19 being Orfy regged and of those 5 made the FT.
    Last weeks' League leader @MAXALLY fell five places to 6th overall, no reason to worry Alan as plenty of time to regain top spot.
    When I was knocked out (in 33rd for the 2nd week running lol) @Asho28 was going great guns on his way to his first FT of the month, finishing in 5th place and climbing 5 places into 8th overall, well played Ash.
    Also making his first FT of the month @THECHIMP, who is very regularly in these reports, finished in 8th place last night which helped him to climb three places into 4th overall on countback with a score of 21, well played Mr Chimp.
    Another making their first FT of the month was @Boomswitch finishing in 3rd place last night, elevating him by six places into 3rd overall, also on a score of 21, well played Boom.
    Yet another first FT of the month for yet another regular in these reports, big congratulations must go to @fredsgirl on her win last night and along with the home bragging rights she has jumped four places into 2nd overall on a score of 13, well done and very well played Paula.
    The only player, so far, to make both FT's this month is @stokefc who, after his 2nd place last night he moved up the table by one spot, now takes over the League lead from fellow Stokie MAXALLY on a superb score of just 5, making @stokefc the firm favourite to take a prize at month end, well played Sean.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after April Week 2

• Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 148
    Nice one on the 20/1 winner, Sid 😎😎

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope all is well with everyone. This is Week 3 (of 4) meaning just two weeks to make your play for a prize this month. Our League leader at the moment is @stokefc who has a very good score of 5 but the second place is on 13, with third and fourth both on scores of 21. In other words, whilst the score of 5 is a tad more difficult to beat, although not unbeatable, second place is definitely up for grabs over the next two weeks. On that note I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, Week 3 is in the bag. There were 35 starters this week with 15 being Orfy regged and of those just 4 made the FT.
    After a pair of inauspicious appearances @Boxster finished in 4tnh place last night, leaving him in 14th overall, well played Boxy.
    A first FT of the month went to @wynne1938, who managed an 8th place finish last night, moving him up the League by five places into 4th overall, well played Wynne.
    Also making his first FT of the month @gogogadget finished in 2nd place last night and flew all the way up into 3rd overall, on a score of 18, well played Gogo.
    Still holding on to 2nd place, on a score of 13, is @fredsgirl despite not making the FT, better luck next week Paula.
    Our League leader, @stokefc, made his fourth consecutive FT with a 9th place finish last night remaining on a score of 5, which is an incredible run of form by any stretch of the imagination, well played Sean.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night I hope to see everyone again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after April Week 3

• Options
    gogogadgetgogogadget Member Posts: 148
    There will be no improvement from me as I won’t be joining for the final week. Holidays beckon.
    Good luck to you all :)
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 4 (of 4) so last chance saloon for those of you outside the top two in the League. To remind you they are, in second place on a score of 13, @fredsgirl & since claiming top spot in Week 2 with a score of 5, @stokefc. Both scores can be beaten but the question remains, will one or both be beaten on this final Friday of the month? Now you know what you need to do to claim a prize at the end of tonighht's tourney and with that, I wish you all the very best of luck.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, it seems as though Spring has finally sprung into life, it is definitely a lot warmer today, let us hope it stays this way. Onto last night now, there were 35 starters with 15 being Orfy regged and of those, 5 made the FT.
    It has been a while since @Toffeeandy last made a FT appearance (December Week 1) but he made amends last night by claiming 5th place to finish in 14th overall, well played Andy.
    Another first FT of the month went the way of @diamondlee who finished with the FT wooden spoon in 10th place, leaving him in 11th overall, well played Lee.
    Also making his first FT of the month @gibbzy finished in 7th place last night, which helped him to 10th overall, well played Gibbzy.
    Making his second FT and finishing in 3rd place for the second time this month @Boomswitch climbed the League table by 3 places into 3rd overall, just missing out on the top two by a solitary point.
    Our League leader for the past two weeks @stokefc dropped to second overall after he could not quite make it a full house of FT's this month by finishing in 13th last night, still on a score of 5, which was an excellent effort anyway, well played Sean.
    For someone to beat a score of 5 is a very good effort indeed and it is exactly what @MAXALLY did last night by taking the win, which meant he usurped stokefc at the top of the League with an almost perfect score of 3, congratulations and very well played Alan, you made it a Stokie 1-2.
    Both MAXALLY & stokefc will be automatically entered into next Friday (5/5/23) night's 9.30pm £11 BH, well played lads.
    Thank you to everyoner who has played this month, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated and final monthly League table after April Week 4

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924

oioi, Stoke RULES.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    Thank you Andy @SidV79 . Cheers to Sky Poker for the prizes too. Well done to Sean in 2nd place.....the cream does rise ;) . Enjoyed playing last night while watching the Snooker.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    MAXALLY said:

Thank you Andy @SidV79 . Cheers to Sky Poker for the prizes too. Well done to Sean in 2nd place.....the cream does rise ;) . Enjoyed playing last night while watching the Snooker.

Well done Alan