You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bali 2002

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,369
edited April 2023 in The Rail
Bali 2002 Official Trailer | Claudia Jessie (Eloise Bridgerton), Rachel Griffiths, Richard Roxburgh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq6Isvd-MFI

Comments

• Options
    Stories from Ground Zero: The Bali bombings 20 years on | 60 Minutes Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVaU4J89xE
  • Options
    Bali 2002 | CAST INTERVIEW | A Stan Original Series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zlMBaTonYs
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,173
    I think that's what the wife watched the other day..... She really enjoyed it.

AWFUL thing to happen though :/:'(
  • Options
    Bali Bombings Terrorist Release Sparks Fury From Survivors | 10 News First

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP8yZTCCGN0
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Horrible, but definitely worth a watch.
  • Options
    ITVX, 4 episodes.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

There were some tragic stories, but also some real heroes.
    Craig Derbyshire was out there, the last I heard.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Remember Craig?
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,225
    Haysie you seem to be a bit of a connoisseur on these streamin channels have you been watchin Beef, ah quite fancy watchin some of it.
  • Options
    rabdeniro said:

Haysie you seem to be a bit of a connoisseur on these streamin channels have you been watchin Beef, ah quite fancy watchin some of it.

I havent yet.
    I am too grumpy for comedies.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    You often hear or read of terrorist attacks that end up being so amateurish in their execution; something doesn't detonate, or the timers are all wrong, or other basic oversights.

Sad to say this particular terrorist atrocity was so simple yet so effective.
    Pick a busy time of the year, small blast inside the bar to get people running outside in numbers, and then have a van detonate as people are fleeing the premises.
    Throw in a local hospital that would be completely overwhelmed into the equation and it was carnage.

Baffling that they chose the Aussie holiday hotspot of Bali when they (apparently) wanted American blood.
    Killed way more locals than Yanks.

Thankfully things are a bit calmer on Bali these days.
  • Options

You often hear or read of terrorist attacks that end up being so amateurish in their execution; something doesn't detonate, or the timers are all wrong, or other basic oversights.

Sad to say this particular terrorist atrocity was so simple yet so effective.
    Pick a busy time of the year, small blast inside the bar to get people running outside in numbers, and then have a van detonate as people are fleeing the premises.
    Throw in a local hospital that would be completely overwhelmed into the equation and it was carnage.

Baffling that they chose the Aussie holiday hotspot of Bali when they (apparently) wanted American blood.
    Killed way more locals than Yanks.

Thankfully things are a bit calmer on Bali these days.

It seems a bit calmer in many places these days.
    I think that the intention of many terrorist groups was to also target the emergency services with the second bomb.
  • Options
    edited April 2023