You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Ne'er cast a doubt 'til May is out- so they say but I say play the Orfordable League instead

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,042
edited May 2023 in Poker Chat
Welcome everyone, to the 2023 Orfordable League, May Week 4 of 4

If you are not listed on the post below then please post your name/teamname on this thread to register, and thus qualify, to be in with a chance of winning a seat into the Friday 9.30pm £11 BH on June 2nd 2023

This runs every Friday at 7.15pm and is a monthly competition but you only need two scores to be in with a chance of a prize, your best two scores count.

Tournament: Friday Orfordable League- 10 seat Deepstack MTT with 12 min blinds
Time: 7.15pm EVERY FRIDAY
Entry: £3.30
Late reg: 60mins (end of Level 5)

EVERYONE IS WELCOME (bring your friends too)- come along and play in a nice, relaxed and friendly deep structured tourney, with plenty of banter, with the chance of a FREE MTT entry as a bonus.

Week 1:May 5th- Winner: unregged player; League leader: giesahaun

Week 2: May 12th- Winner: daggers747; league leader: goldnballz

Week 3: May 19th- Winner: goldnballz; League Leader: goldnballz

Week 4: May 26thth- Winner: goldnballz; League Winner: goldnballz; Runner-up: stokefc

Prizes:
Winner: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 2nd 2023
Runner-up: Free entry into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday June 2nd 2023

Special thanks go to @Tikay10 and to @SkyPoker for their ongoing support, it is much appreciated.

RULES:
Last date/time for valid entry into The League- end of late reg every Friday
To qualify for a prize you must:-
1) Register your name /teamname on this thread or
2) Be on the AUTOREG list, which will be updated and posted every Friday
3) To win a prize you need at least two scores within the month, of which your lowest two will count as your monthly total
4) In the event of a tie, a countback system is in place, i.e, should two players have a total score of 8 (one with scores of 2 & 6, the other with scores of 3 & 5, the player with a score of 2 would win) , the player with the lowest individual score shall be deemed the winner.
5) Prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE
6) Players will be automatically entered into the 9.30pm £11 BH on Friday JUne 2nd 2023

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, welcome to this years' May edition, where tonight, we begin another four week journey to find our prizewinners. Talking of prizewinners, congratulations to both @MAXALLY & @stokefc on taking the prizes for April, they will both be entered into tonights' 9.30pm £11 BH so best of luck to you both. In fact, good luck to everyone who plays tonight, see you at the tables.
    Here is the autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk. There were better numbers last night as 46 of us took the plunge with 20 being Orfy regged and of those, 5 made the FT.
    The FT wooden spoon is something nobody wants but somebody has to have it and this week it was @Boomswitch finishing in 10th place to collect the spoon whilst leaving him in 5th overall, well played Boom.
    Finishing two places higher in 8th place was @Boxster, which leaves him in 4th place overall, well played Boxy.
    Familiar names abound in this week's round up so it is not a shock to see @THEHERDEIE finishing in 7th place, claiming 3rd place overall, well played Mr Herdie.
    Two places higher on the night in 5th was @goldnballz but just a single place higher, 2nd, in the League, well played Keith.
    Sitting proudly at the top of the League is yet another regular @giesahaun who finished in second place last night, very well played giesahaun.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see everyone next week.
    Here is the League Table after May Week 1

• Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    Hey everyone, apologies for last night, i fell asleep in the chair :) Must stop going to pub after work especially on bank holiday weekends !
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    FORDAKIDZ said:

Hey everyone, apologies for last night, i fell asleep in the chair :) Must stop going to pub after work especially on bank holiday weekends !

Hahaha been there, you still finished ahead of me 😁
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    @SidV79
    Final tabled the BH last night for £40 I love those Orfordable free tickets thx mate and ty Sky
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    stokefc said:

@SidV79
    Final tabled the BH last night for £40 I love those Orfordable free tickets thx mate and ty Sky

Nice one Sean
  • Options
    stokefc said:

@SidV79

Well played Sean, two on the trot isn't it? Next time you'll take it down lol
  • Options
    kinematickinematic Member Posts: 30
    Hi all, please may I join your league. Kinematic (no team)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
  • Options
    kinematic said:

Hi all, please may I join your league. Kinematic (no team)
    Thanks!

@kinematic

Hi, @SidV79 runs this league, & he'll get you sorted.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    HI @kinematic, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the Orfordable League. I have added you to the list and as such you are now qualified to win a prize. We are, generally, a friendly bunch who enjoy plenty of table banter so if you have any questions, ask away, either on these posts or at the tables. Best of luck when you play,
    Andy
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. Welcome to Week 2 (of 4) to all our intrepid players who are trying to take one of the prizes on offer at month's end. There is still plenty of time to throw your hat into the ring and be in with a chance to win a prize so best foot forward chaps & chapesses, let's play cards. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    dabossmandabossman Member Posts: 213
    Is it too late to enter?
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi @dabossman, no, it is not too late to enter so welcome to the Orfordable League. I shall add you to the list then you will be able to see your score(s) and League position, when I post the Saturday morning update.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, we have reached halfway this month and it is all change at the top. There were 40 players who took the plunge last night, 21 of whom are Orfy regged and of those 6 made the FT. This report will seem very topsy-turvy but is based on League positions.
    @weecheez1 is no stranger to these reports and here he is again after finishing in 2nd place last night, which helped him climb 8 places into 10th overall, well played Cheez.
    Congratulations are in order as @daggers747 took the win last night helping him be very upwrdly mobile by 9 places into 8th overall, congratulations on the win and very well played daggers.
    Our runner-up last month, @stokefc, is back on the FT again with a 5th place last night which moved him up the Legue by 3 places into 7th overall, well played Sean.
    The last time @HENDRIK62 was way back in January Week 2 so it is great to see you back on the FT, finishing in 3rd place last night was enough to end up in 3rd overall after a 4 place jump, welcome back Neil and well played.
    Our first double FT'er this month is @Boxster who took 6th place last night which moved him up into 2nd overall on a score of 14, well played Boxy.
    One of our most regular FT'ers is @goldnballz who, after claiming a 2nd FT in a row, finished in 4th last night moving up by a solitary place to take the overall League lead with a score of 9, well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all next week.
    Here is the updated League table after May Week 2

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is Week 3 (of 4) for this month's Orfy so just the two weeks left but everything is still possible in regard to winning a prize. Last week saw a little shuffle around of the top places in the League with Week 1's 2nd @goldnballz, & 4th, @Boxster, moving up to 1st and 2nd respectively but will they still be there after tonight? I cannot answer that but I do know that everyone who plays tonight will be doing their utmost to dislodge both of the top two and stake a claim on a prize for themselves. So without further ado I wish everyone who plays tonight the very best of luck, see you at the tables.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, numbers were down last night as only 30 took to the start line which is the lowest in quite a while. Of those 30, 17 were Orfy regged with 7 making the FT this week.
    Making his first FT of this month was @bornablade who finished in 2nd place, exactly the same place that his beloved Blades finished in the Championship, last night which moved him up the League by ten places into 10th overall, well played Blade and congrats on The Blades getting promoted.
    Another making his first FT of the month was @FORDAKIDZ who made his way to 5th place last night and secured a four place rise in the league into 9th overall, well played John.
    A second FT of the month went the way of @THEHERDEIE finishing in 8th place last night but falling down the League by two places into 6th overall with a total score of 15, well played Mr Herdeie.
    There is a saying that states "the third time is a charm" but I will leave that decision up to all of you because @Boxster made his third FT in a row to finish in 7th place last night yet still fell two places to 4th overall on a score of 13, well played Boxy.
    Last weeeks' winner @daggers747 made his second FT in a row only this time took the FT Wooden Spoon (10th) instead of the win although it did help him climb the League by five places into 3rd overall with a score of 11, well played daggers.
    Last month's League runner-up @stokefc made it back to back FT's with his 3rd place last night which moved him up by five places, on a score of 8, back into the runner-up spot again, well played Sean.
    Our second three in a row FT'er has not moved as @goldnballz still remains atop the League after improving his overall score to just 5 with the win last night, congratulations and very well played Keith.
    Thank you to everyone who played last night, I hope to see you all again next week.
    Here is the updated League table after May Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well. This is the final week of May so the prizes will be won or lost, depending on your current score(s), after tonight's renewal. Having done a quick perusal of the League Table, as it stands the current incumbents of 1st & 2nd are on scores of 5 and 8 respectively which are far from unbeatable. That said I say to those still in with a chance, give it your all and you never know, you may just walk away with one of the prizes. I wish everyone who plays the very best of luck tonight.
    Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, the die has been cast and the results are in. We had 38 players trying their luck last night with 16 being Orfy regged, and of those, 5 made it all the way to the FT.
    Taking the wooden spoon, in 10th place, with her first FT this month was @fredsgirl, also the first half of a FT family double, leaving her in (unlucky for some) 13th overall, well played Paula.
    Also a first FT of the month went to @wynne1938, whose 8th place last night was enough to move him up the League by 3 places into 14th overall, well played Wynne.
    Another with a first FT of the month, @diamondlee took 6th last night and on the back of that climbed up the League by a massive 9 places into 8th place overall, well played Lee.
    Making a third FT of the month usually means battling for the top two places but sadly for @THEHERDEIE his second 7th place finish of the month actually dropped him a place into 7th overall, well played Mr Herdeie.
    After the dust had settled the top three all remained in the same places but one improved their score. @daggers747 could only manage a 17th place finish, so close yet still so far in third overall, well played daggers.
    @stokefc could only manage one place higher in 16th last night but for the 2nd month running takes 2nd place overall and bags a prize, well played Sean.
    As I stated earlier there was a FT family double last night so making his FOURTH FT of the month @goldnballz deserves all the plaudits as he won last nights' edition, which was his second win on the trot, leaving him on a perfect score of just 2. Congratulations and very well played Keith.
    Both @goldnballz & @stokefc shall be entered into nest Friday, 02/06/23, night;s 9.30pm £11 BH, good luck to you both.
    Thank you to everyone who has played this month I hope to see you all again next month.
    Here is the updated, and final, League Table after May Week 4