You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

so because people have been saying I am getting a little bit fat

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,572
I realize I have to take it easy on lunch therefore I will only be having one egg with my breakfast (goose egg)
I will only be having 8 dippy soldiers (sausages) with a few slices of bacon (5) and a moderate serving of baked beans (a 400gram can)

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    Fatty fatty sausage guts
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    Doubleyou
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Try portioning your day into an 8 hour segment where you eat your food, and then eat absolutely nothing at all for the other 16 hours. During that 8 hour period really try and eat as diversely as you can i.e. as many different vegetables, spices, colours of food for the polyphenols etc. The diversity is everything.

These 2 things are drastically more effective than working out or calorie cutting.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158

Try portioning your day into an 8 hour segment where you eat your food, and then eat absolutely nothing at all for the other 16 hours. During that 8 hour period really try and eat as diversely as you can i.e. as many different vegetables, spices, colours of food for the polyphenols etc. The diversity is everything.

These 2 things are drastically more effective than working out or calorie cutting.

16/8 Intermittent fasting is indeed a good method to help. primarily it works because if you say fast until 1.pm then don't eat after 9pm most people have missed a meal out of their intake.

Diversity is also good especially if you can find combinations that appeal to you.

Remember, no diet or eating plan will work if you don't enjoy what you're eating or if it's unsustainable.

Also you have to accept that the only way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit. Now this is often referred to as "calories in calories out" but whilst that is the truth there's more to it than just that. A bit like explaining flight as simply as thrust and lift over gravity.

Find your B.M.R (Basel Metabolic Rate) there's plenty of calculators freely available on the internet and put your measurements and current level of activity in. This will tell you how many calories your body needs to just survive with no increase or decrease in body weight "Maintainence Calories".

Simply then decide how much deficit you personally want. 10 - 20% usually then eat accordingly.

You need to create a dericit of 3,500 cals to lose 1lb of fat

Remember the following tips.

A calorie is a calorie 600 cals from fruit and veg is the same as 600 cals from MacDonalds. All cals are equal.

As you lose weight your B.M.R needs to be recalculated.

Protein rich foods create greater thermogenesis and make you feel fuller.

Lots of water

You cannot out train a bad diet. Exercise should be seen as complimentary to your progress, NEVER EAT BACK calories burned during exercise / training. If you start to do lots more then amend your calculations with the BMR calculator to take this into account.

Use myfitnesspal or similar to log your food and see your cals and macros.

Don't give up. If you have a bad day and we all do, I've just come off a 3,000 cal cheat day, just put it behind you and go again.

Good luck buddy.

• Options
    I was been a little bit sardonic with that post but I would like to get out and play basketball again and right now I cant run to the end of the road without been out of breath. I think once my exam period is over I will start a fitness regime.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Working out will not help you lose weight. New data shows it is almost useless in that regard. To quote Tim Spector, the gut biome guy:

“Exercise has very little role in weight loss. All the long-term studies show it doesn’t help weight loss. It’s been grossly exaggerated as an easy fix for the obesity problem. On its own, if you don’t change your diet, it’s of no use.”

He goes on to explain that exercise makes you build up hunger. After exercise, your metabolism slows down and your body tries to regain the energy (i.e. calories, from food) that was lost.
  • Options

Working out will not help you lose weight. New data shows it is almost useless in that regard. To quote Tim Spector, the gut biome guy:

“Exercise has very little role in weight loss. All the long-term studies show it doesn’t help weight loss. It’s been grossly exaggerated as an easy fix for the obesity problem. On its own, if you don’t change your diet, it’s of no use.”

He goes on to explain that exercise makes you build up hunger. After exercise, your metabolism slows down and your body tries to regain the energy (i.e. calories, from food) that was lost.

you know I would not care if i remained the same weight if I had stamina and speed to play the game. I am not concerned with my weight I am concerned with my fitness not sure if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158

The thing is "Dr" Spector is using these claims to sell books, diets and plans.

He states that calories DON'T exist. They DO exist in Biology, Chemistry and Nutrition.

A Calorie is the unit of energy it takes to heat 1 gram of water by 1 degree C usually equating to 41868 Joules.

Whilst some of this guys stuff has merit, don't be fooled by the marketing speak.

It's like influencers using genetics and drugs to convince you to buy their training plan and stating that cardio is bad for you.

And the exercise creates hunger problem is simply countered. Exercise fasted and eat after, remembering your deficit.

I might even fast for 24 hours, exercise twice then eat.