You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My Eliminator Month

coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
Recently, I've not been too bothered if I play or not.
This probably has something to do with recent promotions, had a few pops at the SPT Glasgow but with no luck, i think i have one in the bank, but would prefer to use that for Manchester, Qualified for 3 last year enjoyed them all and managed a cash in Brighton.
Vegas promo, may have a couple of all in games incorrectly entered at that, don't think i could make it, so not much point trying.
Points for todays entry was from 5no £5.50 DYMs just the 2 wins saw a loss of £7.50 with £1 recouped in the Rewards freeroll.
So going into game 1 currently at -£6.50. and the minimum 25points earned.

These posts do help me focus as i feel there is an accountability to my play.

Good luck to all entering, i hope one of you wins a package.

Comments

• Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    good luck coo1-um, look forward to reading
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Should be a fun read, gl @coo1-um
  • Options
    Game 1 saw a bounty in the 4th hand, 4 sit outs at the table, I saw valve in 9 6 off suit which flopped 2 pair and an over card. Small bets on the flop and a 4 on the turn. All in against a big raise and called by 9 x.

Another bounty followed before, sitting in the big blind, during the hand for hand bubble.

what’s the play here, when I know @TommyD knows what he is doing and should be pushing any 2 for value.

Elsewhere a free £1 bet builder on sky bet. Get this now.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited June 2023
    coo1-um said:

Game 1 saw a bounty in the 4th hand, 4 sit outs at the table, I saw valve in 9 6 off suit which flopped 2 pair and an over card. Small bets on the flop and a 4 on the turn. All in against a big raise and called by 9 x.

Another bounty followed before, sitting in the big blind, during the hand for hand bubble.

what’s the play here, when I know @TommyD knows what he is doing and should be pushing any 2 for value.

Snap calling.

Bubble shouldn't be that much of a consideration in these freerolls IMO, given the overall objective of trying to bust as many people. Yeah we'd prefer not to bubble but I'd rather take this spot where we have a decent chance of doubling and will then cover the rest of the table, and can try and accumulate more knockouts.

Villain will be shoving pretty wide covering you like you said. We dominate a lot of his shoving range (worse Ax, KQ, JQ etc) and are in decent shape against most other stuff which he may elect to shove

What was the min-cash worth anyway (I forgot to reg it last night so didn't see :tongue: )?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Asho28 said:

coo1-um said:

Snap calling.

Bubble shouldn't be that much of a consideration in these freerolls IMO, given the overall objective of trying to bust as many people. Yeah we'd prefer not to bubble but I'd rather take this spot where we have a decent chance of doubling and will then cover the rest of the table, and can try and accumulate more knockouts.

Villain will be shoving pretty wide covering you like you said. We dominate a lot of his shoving range (worse Ax, KQ, JQ etc) and are in decent shape against most other stuff which he may elect to shove

What was the min-cash worth anyway (I forgot to reg it last night so didn't see :tongue: )?
    £0.50 was the min cash

Insta-call
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,537
    yeah I have given up on the elimanator for this week I realized if I went for it it would i would lose vital exam prep time. so will finish exam in time for eliminator on weds, so if can get points once finished will do and play from weds but dont think will get much for that.
  • Options
    Went out last night so would miss the game, logged on after half an hour with the intention of going in every hand, lasted 1 hand.
    Doubleme said:

yeah I have given up on the elimanator for this week I realized if I went for it it would i would lose vital exam prep time. so will finish exam in time for eliminator on weds, so if can get points once finished will do and play from weds but dont think will get much for that.

One think to remember is the timing of getting points

for example from 1.30pm yesterday i earned 15points, so i only needed 10 points today to access tonights freeroll, had i earned the 25points after 1.30pm yesterday those same points would give me entry into yesterday and todays games.

Its 25 points in the 24 hour period prior to registration, not 25 points between freerolls.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Managed to win a seat into the Sunday Major through the freeroll, should play them more often.

Onto the Eliminator. with 1 bounty and £1 locked up, sitting 10th of 42. Dealt Pocket Kings, that's good right? Not if you run into Pocket Aces from a bigger stack that holds.

Then left with the Sunday Major, below starting stack, again pocket Kings, this time they have to win. All in, and the showdown arrives. Not aces, not aces, not aces......

No, Not even a ace, Jacks. we must hold this this time surely. well a Jack on the flop ended that thought.

On a more positive note the points from the Sunday Major, brought points for.
    Sunday major freeroll tomorrow.
    Tomorrows eliminator
    and a £2.30 token.

From little acorns mighty oaks grow.
  • Options
    I would put an exact figure on it if i could, (but don't get me started on the lack of accountability from sky poker regarding players own account records) but somewhere in the region of £16 down this month so far.
    Don't intend on losing much more, so £0.28 turbos to knock the points off for a few days. Tomorrows eliminator points in the bag.

Nothing today but £5 and 4 heads yesterday when i got lucky on more than 1 occasion.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Snap call..
  • Options
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    coo1-um said:

Sigh, nh, ul @coo1-um, correct call obviously.
  • Options
    No eliminator heads in the last 2 days, ends week one with 7.
    Played a rapid 25 £0.28 dyms yesterday for last nights entry. Those same points have already provided entry into tonight’s game.

It’s time to reflect and re-assess.

I won’t be depositing, I have previously stated, I feel they is no need, and don’t think there should be for anyone bothering to read this.

Good job yesterdays points have given me entry already tonight though.

• Options
    £1 in the rewards freeroll was quickly followed by £20 in the eliminator.

Got lucky a couple of times, sometimes players forget these and just concentrate on the beats.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JessieakSmall blind600.00600.0020860.00
    chkngeorgeBig blind1200.001800.0015100.50
    Your hole cards
    kyp1961Raise2400.004200.0022230.00
    AJE222Fold
    eddie43Fold
    coo1-umAll-in10545.0014745.000.00
    JessieakFold
    chkngeorgeFold
    kyp1961Call8145.0022890.0014085.00
    kyp1961Show
    coo1-umShow
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    River
    coo1-umWinThree 8s22890.0022890.00

• Options
    CammykazeSmall blind1500.001500.002360.00
    coo1-umBig blind3000.004500.0048400.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    lwwlFold
    eggheadsAll-in6566.2511066.250.00
    manster50Fold
    CammykazeAll-in2360.0013426.250.00
    coo1-umCall3566.2516992.5044833.75
    CammykazeShow
    • A
    coo1-umShow
    • J
    eggheadsShow
    • J
    • J
    Flop
    • Q
    • K
    Turn
    River
    coo1-umWinFlush to the King16992.5061826.25
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    eddie43Small blind1000.001000.0026310.00
    coo1-umBig blind2000.003000.0020090.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    JessieakFold
    Shrimpy28Fold
    AJE222Fold
    eddie43Call1000.004000.0025310.00
    coo1-umCheck
    Flop
    • A
    • A
    eddie43Check
    coo1-umAll-in20090.0024090.000.00
    eddie43Call20090.0044180.005220.00
    eddie43Show
    • A
    coo1-umShow
    • J
    Turn
    • Q
    River
    • K
    coo1-umWinFlush to the Ace44180.0044180.00
  • Options
    Don't miss this

• Options
    Ran well for 6 heads last night. Looking for the same again.
    Yesterday cash in the eliminator. Lets me do this.

• Options
    free bet went down as Man City failed to get a corner in the first half.
    Fortunately De Bruyne managed a weak SOT before going off injured.

2 heads in the eliminator.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 505
    Thanks for alerting me to the free qone quid bets. I had no idea this was a thing. I took Man City to win to nil in 90 mins with Haaland scoring at 5/2. Better luck next time.

I think the J2o might be a tight fold. J5s flop line isn't good.

On the My Account, I agree that it's not good, but I was able to reconcile my 1st Jan balance with my balance today with some clicking between screens. The monthly winnings are out of whack if you are playing at midnight on the final day of the month. Buying in direct into an SPT also shows as a loss.