You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments

• Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 578
    I've sometimes wondered about joining one of the diesel claims against Mercedes.

Has anybody joined one of these claims and can they provide advice on the best approach please?
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Bean81 said:

I've sometimes wondered about joining one of the diesel claims against Mercedes.

Has anybody joined one of these claims and can they provide advice on the best approach please?

I have.
    It has been quite straight forward so far.
    They are a firm of solicitors.

LEGALLY PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL

We hope you have had a great start to 2023. Please read below for the latest developments in relation to your diesel emissions claim against Mercedes.

The Group Litigation Order (GLO) Hearing

As mentioned in our last update from November, the Court had requested that the hearing be postponed. We can now confirm that this hearing has been rescheduled for early February.

Since this hearing relates to the Group Litigation Order, it will be applicable to all claimants from a number of different law firms bringing this case against Mercedes. Consequently, it is most likely Mercedes will respond to claims brought through this Group Litigation Order all at once.

We will keep you updated on the hearing’s progress and what it means for your claim in due course.

Work with the Steering Committee

The Steering Committee decides on the direction that proceedings against Mercedes take. It is comprised of the main claimant law firms for this group action, including Keller Postman UK. As part of the work we are doing with the other Steering Committee members, we recently completed a de-duplication exercise between all co-operating claimant firms. This exercise involved us ensuring that only one law firm acts on behalf of each claimant.

If you have only registered your Mercedes vehicle(s) with Keller Postman UK, do not worry because the de-duplication exercise would not have applied to you. However, it is strongly in your interests not to sign-up with any additional firms going forwards because this could be seen as an abuse of the Courts’ process and could also result in you paying additional fees. Consequently, there is no advantage gained from registering your claim with multiple firms.

Supporting your claim

We continue to review the information provided by our clients to ensure we have everything we need to bring the strongest claims possible against the Defendants.

We would be grateful if you could ‘Visit your portal’ below to check if you have provided all the details we need in order to best support your claim.

As always, if you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to use the resources on our website or give us a call on 0203 966 9632. We will be happy to help. Our office hours are 9am-6pm Monday to Friday.

We look forward to progressing your claim in 2023.
    edited June 2023
    Bean81 said:

I just took a punt on it.
    If I get a few quid, great, if not, nothing lost.
    I think the criteria is that you must have owned a diesel model between 2009, and 2020.
    You have to provide details of the model, when you bought it/ sold it, purchase price, etc.
    Its pretty straight forward.
    Fingers crossed.
    edited June 2023
    Bean81 said:

I am getting loads of phone calls from people looking for customers.
  • Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 578
    edited June 2023
    Thanks for the replies @HAYSIE

There's a few of these claims I could join (Mercedes, Woodford, USS). The fee % is huge though. Question for maybe @Essexphil - with PPI, I think the case was won by a no win, no fee approach (I'm probably wrong about that). Then everybody could claim without needing to lay any legal fees. If that's right, would it be the same for the diesel claims, or do you need to be on the list now?
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    Bean81 said:

There's a few of these claims I could join (Mercedes, Woodford, USS). The fee % is huge though. Question for maybe @Essexphil - with PPI, I think the case was won by a no win, no fee approach (I'm probably wrong about that). Then everybody could claim without needing to lay any legal fees. If that's right, would it be the same for the diesel claims, or do you need to be on the list now?

Sorry. Would help if I could.

But I know little or nothing as to how these work.
    Bean81 said:

The one that keeps phoning me is mydieselclaim.com

I dont know if they are any good.
    The one I used is not taking any new claims.
    If you are going to do it, maybe you should before its too late.
    Bean81 said:

Diesel emission claims
    Have or had a diesel car made between 2009 and 2020? Should you join the millions who have signed up to legal claims?

2. Mercedes – full trial due to start in October 2024
    There was a key development in the case against Mercedes in March 2023, when the High Court ruled that the various individual claims against the carmaker could be grouped together and proceed as one (under a 'group litigation order').

Since then, there have been a number of other hearings about the procedural aspects of the case, and provisional trial dates have been set by the court. The first of these is currently scheduled for October 2024.

As the case moves closer to trial, a number of firms have stopped accepting new sign-ups from Mercedes drivers while they focus on preparing their existing clients' claims. But others are still accepting new registrations – see our firm-by-firm overview.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/diesel-emissions-group-legal-claims/#join