You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Royal Ascot Any Thought's

I wonder how the handicapper came up with a rating of 101 for Vauban in the last race on Tuesday must be thrown in

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    edited June 2023
    daphne56 said:

I wonder how the handicapper came up with a rating of 101 for Vauban in the last race on Tuesday must be thrown in

According to Mick Fitzgerald, you usually add around 40lbs onto a horse's Flat Rating to get an approximate Handicap Rating for the horse over jumps .......so doing that calculation using VAUBAN's Flat Rating of 101, would mean VAUBAN would be 141 over Jumps, and is actually rated 160..... so 19lbs in hand, Add to that the fact VAUBAN doesn't jump very well, so could be even better than 160, and is trained by The Master Trainer Willie Mullins, but most importantly 'The best jockey in the World' is riding it........ so SHOULD BE an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY as odds of 2/1 (FAV.) in a 18 runner-ish handicap show........ but

......The Draw in this race is a massive factor, as the stalls are just before the Winning Post, and then go straight into a Right-Hand bend. There's always loads of trouble on that first bend, and the going will be a lot faster than anything VAUBAN has run on before.
    Hmmmmmmm :*

I quite like POINT KING e/w @ around 9/1

GOOD LUCK for ROYAL ASCOT everyone :)
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    Queen Mary Wednesday - Cynane / Englishman Training In The USA Quite Small But Looks Very Nippy 14/1
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    I have done PROSPERO in the Kingstand @7/2 and Subjectivist in the Gold Cp @8/1
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,472

As at mid-morning, it's raining heavily at Ascot.

It's expected to clear by lunchtime, though by then in excess of 15mm will have fallen.

Official Going at present is Good to Firm, but "Good" by the time of the 1st race is quite possible.So beware if you are backing horses that want fast ground.
  • Options
    i'm sure some of you look at my posts and think that's a weird horse to tip well today your going to think why well ( Weston Gordon Elliott 5oclock never ran further than 11 furlongs now runs over 2 half miles) e/w 20/1
  • Options
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

daphne56 said:

According to Mick Fitzgerald, you usually add around 40lbs onto a horse's Flat Rating to get an approximate Handicap Rating for the horse over jumps .......so doing that calculation using VAUBAN's Flat Rating of 101, would mean VAUBAN would be 141 over Jumps, and is actually rated 160..... so 19lbs in hand, Add to that the fact VAUBAN doesn't jump very well, so could be even better than 160, and is trained by The Master Trainer Willie Mullins, but most importantly 'The best jockey in the World' is riding it........ so SHOULD BE an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY as odds of 2/1 (FAV.) in a 18 runner-ish handicap show........ but

......The Draw in this race is a massive factor, as the stalls are just before the Winning Post, and then go straight into a Right-Hand bend. There's always loads of trouble on that first bend, and the going will be a lot faster than anything VAUBAN has run on before.
    Hmmmmmmm :*

I quite like POINT KING e/w @ around 9/1

GOOD LUCK for ROYAL ASCOT everyone :)
    well ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY about right
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    edited June 2023
    Classic bit of commentary in the Royal Hunt Cup "It's Jimi Hendrix who beats Sonny Liston I never thought I'd be saying that..." :D
  • Options

Valiant Force (Rossa Ryan) just won the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot at 150/1, though it could be backed at 488/1 on the machine.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Valiant Force (Rossa Ryan) just won the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot at 150/1, though it could be backed at 488/1 on the machine.

The Bookies have definitely had the upper hand so far this week.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Sickening cash out decision leaves punter down £19,000 at Royal Ascot.

It was a case of so close yet so far for one punter on Ladies' Day at Royal Ascot as his cash-out decision cost him over £19,000.

MylesPowp on Twitter shared a screenshot of his audacious each-way double in which he'd backed 150/1 shot Valiant Force and 16/1 Desert Hero.

You can only imagine his elation as the rank outsider stormed home to produce a stunning win in the opening race of the day.

He shared the cheeky double just five minutes before the second selection was due to run and, predictably, Twitter did its thing and piled on the peer pressure.

Desert Hero completed the double by winning the 15:05 at Royal Ascot and Twitter waited with bated breath.

Unfortunately for Myles, he decided to cash out and bank a tidy profit of £825.41, costing himself over £19,000 in lost profit.

One Twitter user was less than happy and replied, "You should have that 800 quid taken off you to be fair mate".

Easy, Twitter. We wouldn't go that far but there are a few lessons to be learned here.

Elated at a 5,600% return on his investment, Myles opted to click that sneaky wolf in sheep's clothing known as the cash-out button, thus saving the bookies a sizeable sum.

It's also worth pointing out that an each-way single for a total stake of £15 would have returned £1,350, a £510 increase on the bookies' offer.

But, in a final twist, Myles revealed he'd staked £40.81 on Desert Hero to win, taking his total profit for the day to £1,560.39. Not bad at all.

All that matters is Myles seems more than happy with his wins and given the current cost of living crisis, we suspect most people would do the same.

All aboard the Snafiya Express on Friday?
  • Options
    Frankie's last Royal Ascot, he's got 5 rides and it wouldn't be a big surprise if he went out with a few winners as previewed here.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/frankie-dettori-ascot-preview-and-tips-for-day-five-rides/210165