You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Leeds United's new Manager is.....

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Decent Championship pedigree, could be just what Leeds need. I wish him well, except when they play Stoke of course.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,164
    Can't see him lasting past Xmas ....... esp when OWLS beat them :D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    MISTY4ME said:

Can't see him lasting past Xmas ....... esp when OWLS beat them :D

@MISTY4ME

Is that the Owls who now have a Manager who was one of the 57 Managers sacked by Watford in the last 2 years?

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,012
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate @Tikay10

Can't be more than 55.

Sheffield Wednesday. A team that sack a successful Manager for daring to ask for a pay rise on gaining promotion.

Relegation beckons...

PS-Daniel Farke. Rarely smiles. Miserable Farke :)
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I think Farke is a shrewd appointment for Dirty Leeds.
    Wednesday, not so sure with that one.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Essexphil said:

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate @Tikay10

Can't be more than 55.

Sheffield Wednesday. A team that sack a successful Manager for daring to ask for a pay rise on gaining promotion.

Relegation beckons...

PS-Daniel Farke. Rarely smiles. Miserable Farke :)

He did ask for a pay rise and i agree he should have a pay rise but...
    Here's what their chairman said after he was getting pelters , it's long winded so i'll c+p the bit where he made his point

I told Darren I was happy for him to stay, he achieved promotion and deserved a chance in the Championship. I said I was happy to increase his salary and add more bonuses into the contract, with the highest bonus if we reached the Premier League. But the proposal Darren presented was significantly in excess of his contract and I said I cannot offer a minimum of four times your current salary on a three-year contract, I have to be realistic and protect the club.

I advised Darren to rethink very carefully, do you really think this is a good idea? I offered my full support during all his time at our club and I wanted us to continue and succeed together. I asked him to think and let me know your decision by Thursday because we are not getting anywhere here other than back to the starting point. Darren said he would think about the details again.

We met again on Thursday 15 June and Darren told me that he could not accept. I said okay, that is your decision and I don’t think it will be difficult for you to get another job. I said I would help Darren by announcing his departure via mutual consent because that will help for the future.
  • Options
    spartathenspartathen Member Posts: 936
    https://youtu.be/iOMYpNdHbEc
    Very keen on a big German sausage apparently