You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

BBC.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,118
    Tikay10 said:

Seen tonight on Twitter...

"I’m curious, if the money was used for instance as a mortgage deposit would the family be quite so concerned?"

Exactly this ^^^^. It's like me paying a decorator £1,000 for doing some work and after paying him he decides not to go home to his wife but instead to go on a three day bender. After eventually returning home the wife throws him out and divorces him, so am I to be held responsible for the decorators situation? The way I see it is there are two consenting adults, one offering a service and the other willing to pay for the services.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
    BBC presenter scandal: Third person makes claims about unnamed star

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bbc-presenter-faces-claims-second-154200807.html
  • Options
    Jeremy Vine becomes first major BBC star to call for under seige fellow presenter at the centre of '£35,000 sex pics scandal' to come forward publicly and name himself to stop 'yet more vitriol being thrown at perfectly innocent colleagues'

Jeremy Vine tonight became the first major BBC star to call on the presenter at the centre of the '£35,000 sex pics scandal' to make their identity public - warning the fiasco has put the broadcaster 'on its knees'. Civil war effectively broke out at the channel as Vine's message was published and left little doubt of his fury at the ongoing storm. Describing 'vitriol being thrown at perfectly innocent colleagues', the veteran broadcaster said the scandal was damaging the BBC the longer it went on. In a more conciliatory plea, Vine added: 'The BBC, which I'm sure he loves, is on its knees with this. But it is his decision and his alone.' His comments follow the emergence of new allegations that the unnamed presenter at the heart of the row sent abusive and menacing messages to a person in their 20s, after making contact with the individual on a dating app.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12288197/Jeremy-Vine-major-BBC-star-call-sex-pics-scandal-presenter-himself.html
  • Options
    The claims and counter claims in BBC presenter sex pics scandal: How teen at centre of allegations insists star did 'nothing inappropriate or unlawful' - as parents stand by their story and say BBC bosses ignored their claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12285907/The-claims-counter-claims-BBC-presenter-sex-pics-scandal-revealed.html
  • Options
    Bombshell new claims about BBC star at centre of '£35k sex pics' scandal: Presenter 'sent abusive and menacing messages to SECOND young person - who threatened to name him after they met on dating app'

Bombshell new claims about BBC presenter at centre of '£35k sex pics scandal'
    The unnamed male BBC presenter at the heart of the row over alleged payment for sexually explicit photos sent abusive and menacing messages to a person in their 20s, it has been alleged. The new individual claims to have been contacted anonymously by the male presenter on a dating app. They claim they were put under pressure to meet with the star but never did, the BBC reported. When they hinted online that they might name them, they allege they were sent abusive messages that were filled with expletives. The new claims raise further questions about the star's conduct less than a week after The Sun newspaper reported allegations that he paid a teenager £35,000 for sexually explicit pictures, starting when they were 17. BBC Director General Tim Davie today denied it is 'odd' that he is yet to speak to the star.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12287503/BBC-presenter-sent-abusive-menacing-messages-person-20s.html
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

"I’m curious, if the money was used for instance as a mortgage deposit would the family be quite so concerned?"

Exactly this ^^^^. It's like me paying a decorator £1,000 for doing some work and after paying him he decides not to go home to his wife but instead to go on a three day bender. After eventually returning home the wife throws him out and divorces him, so am I to be held responsible for the decorators situation? The way I see it is there are two consenting adults, one offering a service and the other willing to pay for the services.
    I think that this is a terrible comparison.
    Maybe if there were 3 or 4 painters between the ages of 17, and say 25.
    They did the work during lockdown.
    You persuaded them to part with sexually explicit photos before paying them for the work.

A man who hides in the shadows while his friends and colleagues get accused of his misbehaviour is a coward.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,405

Now painters are being dragged into this, they are having to deny any involvement and its affecting their day rate.

The sooner this person is named the better.
  • Options
    The tip of the iceberg so far?
  • Options
    ‘Stop it’: Richard Bacon hits out at Jeremy Vine over BBC presenter scandal

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bbc-presenter-scandal-richard-bacon-jeremy-vine-085342641.html
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    HAYSIE said:

The tip of the iceberg so far?

No. Just the inevitable people hopping on the bandwagon.

Like the eejit coming forward with the "lockdown breach"-someone needs to tell him it is him that has just gone public with his criminal offence

I'm reminded of a story told to me many years ago by a (very) gay friend of mine.

He said that he was then in his late 30s. Which he said is a very trying time for many in the Gay Community. Transitioning from the good looking younger guy receiving gifts, to being the older one expected to be spending the money :)
  • Options
    'Extremely angry' BBC star in sex pictures scandal faces new claims

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/extremely-angry-bbc-star-sex-124742664.html
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,118
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

You persuaded them to part with sexually explicit photos before paying them for the work.

A man who hides in the shadows while his friends and colleagues get accused of his misbehaviour is a coward.
    It doesn't matter if there were 3,4 or 40 painters what they do with the money is entirely up to them,the same rules apply to consenting adults 'kinks', just because it may not fit with our own personal morality doesn't make it wrong. Who is to say that the suspect asked for the photo's first and that the 'young person' didn't offer them first ? I seem to recall the media hounding Cliff Richard and Paul Gambaccini and deeming them guilty without any clear evidence and they were eventually cleared of all suspicion. Would any of this came out if the parents were aware of what was going on and the money wasn't being spent on drugs but saved for the young persons future, I doubt it very much.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

It doesn't matter if there were 3,4 or 40 painters what they do with the money is entirely up to them,the same rules apply to consenting adults 'kinks', just because it may not fit with our own personal morality doesn't make it wrong. Who is to say that the suspect asked for the photo's first and that the 'young person' didn't offer them first ? I seem to recall the media hounding Cliff Richard and Paul Gambaccini and deeming them guilty without any clear evidence and they were eventually cleared of all suspicion. Would any of this came out if the parents were aware of what was going on and the money wasn't being spent on drugs but saved for the young persons future, I doubt it very much.
    That was the BBC.
    They had a helicopter up at Cliff Richards Villa.

I am just dont like the thought of our middle aged household names pitching teenagers for sexually explicit photos.
    If it was young girls we would be calling it grooming.
    I wonder how many more victims will be coming out of the woodwork.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Tikay10 said:

I dont know if you have any kids.
    I think most parents would be at least very annoyed with a middle aged man bribing their teenage child to take and send on sexually explicit photos.
    Some would insist on paying him a visit.
    The first lot of parents asked the BBC to stop him sending the money, so the drug problem wasnt exacerbated.
    He continued to send more money.
    What makes it worse is that he is a household name.
    Our TV stars can often exert influence over our youngsters.
    I dont think the presenter cared about what he did with the money, or about his wellbeing, he just wanted the photos.
    I cant defend him, whoever he is.
    I think his behaviour is indefensible, irrespective of whether or not he has broken the law.
  • Options
    Huw Edwards, I would never have guessed.
    No criminal investigation.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

No. There was a criminal investigation.

Which determined he had done nothing illegal.

Meanwhile he is in a mental hospital. His wife and 5 kids are no doubt in turmoil.

Feel free to keep up with your moral crusade.

• Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Why is it a shock? Cos hes married?
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

No. There was a criminal investigation.

Which determined he had done nothing illegal.

Meanwhile he is in a mental hospital. His wife and 5 kids are no doubt in turmoil.

Feel free to keep up with your moral crusade.

Moral crusade?
    I am gutted.
    That is the end of this thread for me.
  • Options
    It is just the Sun doing what the Sun does best.

Dressing up facts to suit itself. And ruining lives. To sell papers.