You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Spartan or Jabba the hut?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,669
    well I am not doing anything radical just the Keto diet and exercise. I am not even calorie counting just eat when I feel like so long as it is keto. I will stop updating daily but just so people dont think i gained and didnt for today was at 13 stone 9 pounds today.

I have done the keto diet before the usual for me is I usually lose a stone a week or there abouts for the first two weeks then it slows down a lot after that. Why that is well Someone more educated then me on that point could explain but it is how it is.

I did my 40 minute cycle today next one may or may not be friday night/sat morning it depends when I finish work and how I am feeling after work cycling back to get better idea of cycle route doesnt seem like bad idea but drunks and been exhausted from shift I dunno will see what time I finish and how I feel when I do. Plus bike availability. I cant really store a bike where I rent so I just use beril bikes its 5p a minute so they are affordable. plus with these you dont have to worry about your bike been stolen
    you just use the app and hire the bike for as long as desired and park in another beril bay when done to avoid the £5 charge for parking outside a bay.
  • Options
    So I fell of the bike head first had helmet on feel odd but likely hypochondria wont be cycling for a at least five days. Note I just finished a 14 hour shift am working tomorrow. and then saturday off then working sunday monday tuesday.

I read that 40% of cyclicts suffer head injuries hopefully I have not and helmet saved me but if numbers are that bad I should nbot cycle. I am physically inept, and if its 40% of cyclist population that does not mean I am 40% to suffer head injuries it means I am likely 95%. hopefully fine taxi driver and girlfriend both said no sign of anything wrong with me. Helmet and hit pavement so wasnt clash with car or nout.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,238
    I thought that incoherent rambling was one of the first signs of head trauma. I'd get that checked out if I were you buddy.
  • Options
    real mature there. anyway I have finished the gauntlet of 5 12 hour+ shifts of hard fast work in six days. I got 61 hours of work into six days and now have over a week off. I am kind of wiped out today so today will be very light poker if at all will see how I am doing tomorrow.

I have taken my weight again and I am now at 13 stone 5 pounds. So I guess I am losing weight slowly but not as much as I like. Yesterdays shift was brutal and may as well have been a gym work out.

technically my contract says I am not allowed to talk about the company on social media, But then I have not mentioned them by name and I don't know if this counts as social media.

So like if anyone mentions where I work or anything about where the company I work for I will just have to not comment on that. If people try to guess where I work I will also not comment because if they say its X and I say no then they will go its Y Z A B C, etc etc until they eventually get it.

I ache all over right now.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,238
    Ok, sorry Dave. Humour is, for me, a first and last resort and sometimes it's ill judged and inappropriate, but hey I'm nearly 60, I'm not going to change now.

What's the rush to lose weight, slow and steady is the only sustainable way. Also something else that hasn't really been touched on with regard to weight loss and general health is sleep.

Quality sleep aids training, weight loss, metabolism, cognitive function, work, sex and relaxation among other things. make sure you are getting quality sleep. 12 hour shifts can mess you up and also affect your eating patterns.

As for your work, not really bothered about where it is. If it's 12 hour shifts and physically demanding then warehousing springs to mind and the terms and conditions you have mentioned points to Amazon.

Educated guess based on the number of warehousing and logistical centres we have here in Stoke which accounts for about 50% of the minimum wage employment. The others being fast food outlets and contract cleaners but they usually are 10 hour shifts and don't give a rats about being on social media.

Anyway once again, apologies for the frivolity.
  • Options
    I wont say where only because I am not allowed to etc but I can at least identify the profession I work in a kitchen.

I am literally worth two kitchen porters I have done the math on this but I think if my statistics degree gets me no where which I hopefully complete next year (that will be a separate thread made later as to why hopefully) and poker never takes off I will just train as a chef. Every kitchen I have ever worked in has wanted more of me because yeah it may not sound like much But I am a dam good KP, I dont see why I could not be so for a chef I mean I dont think I could be a Gordon Ramsay but I am capable of moving at very fast and efficient ways in a kitchen so I could definitely be an asset as a chef in most kitchens.