You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Does things that happen in your day outside poker impact on your game?

if something bad happens and then you play all annoyed and frustrated and make bad decisions
or if something good happens maybe you play better that day, does that happen to you?

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,635
    well if there is something particularly stressful or something with big news sure it could affect things but usually if I feel I have something going on which will distract me from poker I decide its not a good time to play and either play very light or not at all.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2023
    Yes, obviously. That said, I think quality of sleep and your routine is far more important. If you are feeling tip top you can swallow up these life events and proceed to A game it.

I've never been able to crack it yet but apparently genuine meditation is the nuts.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,761
    edited September 2023
    @kapowblamz

you should try some of the binaural beats type stuff, thats pretty good for relaxing, if you find the right stuff for you, loadsa rubbish ones out there imo.....some of the asmr stuff is good for relaxation as well, again you need to find the stuff you like.....and then there is the hypnotism recordings, by guys like paul mckenna that i think are pretty good.......there are loadsa buddhist type sounds to aid meditation as well, i love the singing bowls ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,644

@kapowblamz

you should try some of the binaural beats type stuff, thats pretty good for relaxing, if you find the right stuff for you, loadsa rubbish ones out there imo.....some of the asmr stuff is good for relaxation as well, again you need to find the stuff you like.....and then there is the hypnotism recordings, by guys like paul mckenna that i think are pretty good.......there are loadsa buddhist type sounds to aid meditation as well, i love the singing bowls ;)

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    i was keeping her a secret!
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    You're one of the Swifties?
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    aint everybody, haha
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,644

Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    @Williams12

Of course.
  • Options
    Williams12Williams12 Member Posts: 147
    Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

@kapowblamz

@green_beer

Taylor Swift no good?
    @Williams12

Of course.
    Hope you manged to find a ticket for the coming tour heard they're going like hot cakes
  • Options
    she just played a concert very close to my house recently, those tickets went like gold dust i was told.........