You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT manchester dates randomly changed unnanounced in the last week. Looking for confirmation.

sutpidneeksutpidneek Member Posts: 10
edited September 2023 in Poker Chat
Hi,

I had booked a hotel weeks ago for the SPT manchester, which, until this week, said it was happening this weekend coming (9th/10th september). This was 100% not a mistake my side, as i have friends who are also playing, and have all seen the link https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-manchester multiple times and the previous date.

I checked the page this morning to have a look at the guarentee, and i notice the new date is now 22nd-24th september.

@Tikay10 are you able to confirm if the date has indeed changed? just looking to find out asap so i can change diary/ hotel booking.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    sutpidneeksutpidneek Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2023
    Fixed link in the OP
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Morning @sutpidneek

The upcoming SPT Manchester is scheduled for 22nd to 24th September. As far as I am aware, that date has never been changed. I could be wrong of course, it's been known. However, it is 100% definitely 22nd to 24th September.

LAST year - 2022 - it DID take place on the dates you mentioned. Is it possible that when you googled the event you inadvertently found a link to last year's event?
  • Options
    PhDPhD Member Posts: 13
    I qualified for the £55 stage on Thursday 31st August, I unreg so I should register it later, It was cancelled ...and I have not received a ticket or cash back in my account.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    I booked it as soon it was announced...it has always been the 22nd as far as I know.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    PhD said:

I qualified for the £55 stage on Thursday 31st August, I unreg so I should register it later, It was cancelled ...and I have not received a ticket or cash back in my account.

@PhD

Hi,

This was dealt with last week via e-Mail, I saw copies of it but maybe it never reached you.

There is no facility to un-register & get cash instead, once you un-reg, that's it, you have lost your semi final seat.

However, if you'd like to nominate a night when you are available to play a £55 SPT Semi Final, we'll get you re-registered at no cost to you, so everything will be cool.

Let me know soonest please, & we'll get you sorted. Hopefully, see you in Manchester in a few weeks time.

PS- Please note I'm going offline shortly for the rest of the afternoon, but I'll be back well before tonight's SPT Semi Final at 21.45, so if you choose to play tonight, that's fine, I'll get you registered in plenty of time.
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    Hi Tony .. i am sorry to ask as i am sure i have a seat in the tank left from Brighton leg last time .. had 3 only played on the Friday and used 2 had a family issue on Saturday which stopped me from coming over , could not attend Glasgow as way to far up north for me .. could you or James confirm my one seat outstanding as i am intending to come up on the Saturday but cannot commit to it just yet ..
    Also could i suggest to James if it was possible to put up some kind of list of players that have seats in the bank to use at any future event might be helpful .. thank-you in advance and hopefully i will see you all in Manchester
  • Options
    TimmyRaRaTimmyRaRa Member Posts: 906

Hi,

I had booked a hotel weeks ago for the SPT manchester, which, until this week, said it was happening this weekend coming (9th/10th september). This was 100% not a mistake my side, as i have friends who are also playing, and have all seen the link https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-tour-manchester multiple times and the previous date.

I checked the page this morning to have a look at the guarentee, and i notice the new date is now 22nd-24th september.

@Tikay10 are you able to confirm if the date has indeed changed? just looking to find out asap so i can change diary/ hotel booking.

Thanks in advance

Yeah its always been the 22nd - 24th mate.
  • Options
    HANSON said:

Hi Tony .. i am sorry to ask as i am sure i have a seat in the tank left from Brighton leg last time .. had 3 only played on the Friday and used 2 had a family issue on Saturday which stopped me from coming over , could not attend Glasgow as way to far up north for me .. could you or James confirm my one seat outstanding as i am intending to come up on the Saturday but cannot commit to it just yet ..
    Also could i suggest to James if it was possible to put up some kind of list of players that have seats in the bank to use at any future event might be helpful .. thank-you in advance and hopefully i will see you all in Manchester

@HANSON

I'll get that checked in the morning & get back to you.
  • Options
    Fat5tack5Fat5tack5 Member Posts: 16
    Hi @Tikay10,

I qualified for the SPT Manchester Semi tonight and unregistered, not realising this wouldn't get credited to play another time (until reading your response above to PHD).

Would it be possible to register me for tomorrow night's SPT Manc Semi please? (06/09)

Cheers
  • Options
    Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

I qualified for the SPT Manchester Semi tonight and unregistered, not realising this wouldn't get credited to play another time (until reading your response above to PHD).

Would it be possible to register me for tomorrow night's SPT Manc Semi please? (06/09)

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

OK, I'll do it tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Also confirming the date didn't change. I wrote it on my calendar as soon as Tikay announced it. It's a shame I can't make it now.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

OK, I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Cheers @Tikay10, much appreciated 👍
  • Options
    Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

That's been done & you are now registered for tonight's SPT Manchester Semi Final.

See you in Manchester, hopefully. ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

That's been done & you are now registered for tonight's SPT Manchester Semi Final.

Thanks for sorting @Tikay10.

Sorry for the mither but just one further question...

I think I might have one SPT event 'ticket' left over but not 100%, is there any way you could check if I have any seats left that I didn't use?

Cheers
  • Options
    Fat5tack5 said:

Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

I think I might have one SPT event 'ticket' left over but not 100%, is there any way you could check if I have any seats left that I didn't use?

Cheers
    @Fat5tack5

Leave it with me, I'll find out for you.
  • Options
    HANSON said:

@HANSON

Morning.

Good news, James has confirmed that you DO have a seat in the tank, so hopefully you can make Manchester.
  • Options
    Fat5tack5 said:

Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

Cheers
    @Fat5tack5

Have sent you a PM.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

Hi @Tikay10,

You registered me for last night's SPT Manchester Semi, I was showing as registered but as far as I can tell the tournament didn't take place? Possibly not enough runners?

If the above is correct would it be possible to register me for tonight's?

Thanks 👍
  • Options
    Fat5tack5 said:

Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

Hi @Tikay10,

You registered me for last night's SPT Manchester Semi, I was showing as registered but as far as I can tell the tournament didn't take place? Possibly not enough runners?

Thanks 👍
    @Fat5tack5

Yes, it got cancelled as several players withdrew at the last minute, plus the Quarter Final finished 2 minutes too late.

I can register you for tonight, but before I do, can you please check your Account to ensure you have not been credited £55 please?

If you come back to me any time before 9.30pm & confirm you gave not been credited, I'll get you registered straight away.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Tikay10 said:

Fat5tack5 said:

Hi @Tikay10,

Cheers

@Fat5tack5

Morning.

Hi @Tikay10,

Thanks 👍
    @Fat5tack5

Yes, it got cancelled as several players withdrew at the last minute, plus the Quarter Final finished 2 minutes too late.

I can register you for tonight, but before I do, can you please check your Account to ensure you have not been credited £55 please?

If you come back to me any time before 9.30pm & confirm you gave not been credited, I'll get you registered straight away.

Thanks.
    Hi @Tikay10,

Just checked my account Gaming History and Balance as requested - it's not been credited unfortunately.

Hopefully it will get enough to run tonight, thanks