You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Met Police Quiz Brand.

Comments

• mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,822
    Looks like it is Russell Brand.
    He responds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr_PVUHn2I
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    mumsie said:

Looks like it is Russell Brand.
    He responds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr_PVUHn2I

It does.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    edited September 2023
    If they are making serious criminal accusations against him, why aren't the police involved?
    Trial by media....
    And why now after all these years?
    Russell Brand denies Dispatches documentary claims he raped and sexually assaulted four women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lET3GmGqNxY
    Media bosses face questions over ‘open secret’ of Russell Brand’s behaviour

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/media-bosses-face-questions-over-200630670.html
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

The Dispatches TV show was breathtaking.
    Tikay10 said:

I havent watched it yet, there are dramatic stories in tomorrows papers.
    edited September 2023
    Alice's story: Russell Brand groomed me when I was 16. He forced his pen is down my throat, called me 'The Child' - and when I told him I was a virgin he got aroused

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2023/09/16/5937273647142552961/636x382_MP4_5937273647142552961.mp4

A woman - referred to as Alice (left) to protect her identity - has claimed that Russell Brand (right) assaulted her when she was just 16, a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches has revealed. She alleges he took her virginity, was 'preoccupied' with her being 'innocent and pure', and often referred to her as 'The Child'. The woman alleges he helped her craft lies to deceive her parents and encouraged her to hide their relationship from her friends. Alice also claimed the actor and comedian once kissed her mother in front of her and, on a separate occasion, 'forced his **** down her throat' and 'made her choke', only stopping after she punched him in the stomach. Brand vehemently denies the allegations and in a video posted online on Friday, stated all of his relationships have been consensual.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526055/Alice-Russell-Brand-sexual-assault-teenager.html
    Moment Russell Brand tells Jimmy Savile he will bring him an attractive naked female assistant who will give him a 'massage' when they meet

https://video.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2023/09/16/1431202289943791443/636x382_MP4_1431202289943791443.mp4

The comedian today has been accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse of four women during the peak of his fame. The allegations - fervently denied by Brand (left) - are claimed to have taken place between 2006 and 2013, while he was a presenter for BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4 before then becoming a star in Hollywood. Among the explosive revelations reported by The Times, the paper notes a live telephone call with the Jim'll Fix It presenter (right) aired on Brand's radio show in May 2007. When Brand asks if he will meet him, Savile says: 'If you have got a sister you could meet me by bringing her along. I don't usually meet fellas but if you have got a sister then that's okay.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526191/Russell-Brand-Jimmy-Savile-naked-female-assistant.html
    Police urge victims to come forward as Russell Brand is accused of rape and sexual assault by four women - including one at 16... as comic brazenly takes the stage in Wembley just an hour before Channel 4 Dispatches lays out claims against him

In a string of bombshell allegations, the 48-year-old star (pictured left arriving late to his show on Saturday at Wembley Park) was accused of sexual assaults and abusive and predatory behaviour between 2006 and 2013, when he was at the height of his fame. Four women alleged they were assaulted by Brand, one of whom had previously told The Mail on Sunday of his 'controlling and manipulative' behaviour. Last night, the Metropolitan Police said it had been made 'aware' of media reports about 'a series of allegations of sexual assault' and urged any alleged victims to come forward. The devastating allegations - made to a joint investigation between the Sunday Times and Channel 4 's Dispatches (right) - date from the time when Brand was a presenter for BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4 and starring in Hollywood films.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12526903/Police-urge-victims-come-forward-Russell-Brand-accused-rape-grooming-girl-16-comic-brazenly-takes-stage-Wembley.html
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

On Twitter last night, Lawrence Fox (King of the conspiracy theorists) was defending him. When the only ones defending you are nutjob conspiracy theorists, you are in serious trouble.

I strongly suggest you watch the programme. It's astounding.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

On Twitter last night, Lawrence Fox (King of the conspiracy theorists) was defending him. When the only ones defending you are nutjob conspiracy theorists, you are in serious trouble.

I strongly suggest you watch the programme. It's astounding.
    I will today.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    It seems every single time a name is lambasted in the media most people jump on the train of hating them accepting they are guilty and writing them of as scum of scum.

If anyone is critical or sceptical of this in any way they are said to fully support the individuals alleged wrong doings and be corrupt themselves. Often I have had a name thrown at me that I have never heard of and am expected to hate them or be associated with their alleged evil when in actuality I know next to nothing or even nothing about the individual but if I don't accept the media headline accusations as absolute irrefutable truth and gospel I am condemned in the strongest possible way.

I am not going to say that Russel Brand did or did not do what he is accused of, there are reasons on both sides based on the limited amount I know about the guy to believe guilty or innocent.

The fact is the guy was not/is not just a conspiracy theorist who comes up with **** he often fully supports his positions and points out facts. It is very often the case that as soon as someone breaks down corruption at top and fully points it out with decent reason logic and evidence they are suddenly characterised as a Nazi or a rapist.
    If I ever achieved a platform of significance I would never dare speak out unless I had an extra terrestrial power backing me with full intent to back me fully military. basically otherwise my live is over.

That been said the guy has always been weird and a little bit cringe which makes you wonder. But then I am weird and I have never committed any of these crimes.

Maybe he did do it, and I wont put my head out to defend him but I will remain sceptical, until compelling evidence is put forward.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    edited September 2023
    Further to the post above.

I feel the same way. Can't take to Russell Brand. Don't find him funny. Has an ego the size of a small planet.

But. There is something wrong in a World where someone is able to make very specific, and very serious, allegations about someone while themselves being anonymous. And that TV programmes and newspapers can make money by creating this sort of one-sided account.

I'm not going to watch the programme.

PS. I don't believe in foisting my moral code on other people. Some of the things he is accused of seem distinctly dodgy. But many of them are perfectly legal.
    Essexphil said:

I feel the same way. Can't take to Russell Brand. Don't find him funny. Has an ego the size of a small planet.

But. There is something wrong in a World where someone is able to make very specific, and very serious, allegations about someone while themselves being anonymous. And that TV programmes and newspapers can make money by creating this sort of one-sided account.

PS. I don't believe in foisting my moral code on other people. Some of the things he is accused of seem distinctly dodgy. But many of them are perfectly legal.

You dont have to approve of everything that is legal.
    edited September 2023
    Essexphil said:

@Essexphil

Much to agree with there Phil, but I strongly suggest you watch the programme, & then sense-check what you see.

He IS going to have a problem, as he's a conspiracy theorist, so he spends his life telling lies & trying to convince people of ridiculous things. Now even if he's telling the truth he's going to have a problem, as nobody believes conspiracy theorists. When a liar starts telling the truth, they are always going to have a credibility problem.

PS - Not all of the contributors were anonymous, far from it. There were also several texts from Brand's 'phone in which he apologised to the complainants, none of which he refuted in his Twitter video in which he refuted the allegations. Watch his Twitter video, the body language was very telling. (Watch his hands). The Video can be seen at @rustyrockets

edited September 2023
    Doubleme said:

It seems every single time a name is lambasted in the media most people jump on the train of hating them accepting they are guilty and writing them of as scum of scum.

If anyone is critical or sceptical of this in any way they are said to fully support the individuals alleged wrong doings and be corrupt themselves. Often I have had a name thrown at me that I have never heard of and am expected to hate them or be associated with their alleged evil when in actuality I know next to nothing or even nothing about the individual but if I don't accept the media headline accusations as absolute irrefutable truth and gospel I am condemned in the strongest possible way.

I am not going to say that Russel Brand did or did not do what he is accused of, there are reasons on both sides based on the limited amount I know about the guy to believe guilty or innocent.

The fact is the guy was not/is not just a conspiracy theorist who comes up with **** he often fully supports his positions and points out facts. It is very often the case that as soon as someone breaks down corruption at top and fully points it out with decent reason logic and evidence they are suddenly characterised as a Nazi or a rapist.
    If I ever achieved a platform of significance I would never dare speak out unless I had an extra terrestrial power backing me with full intent to back me fully military. basically otherwise my live is over.

That been said the guy has always been weird and a little bit cringe which makes you wonder. But then I am weird and I have never committed any of these crimes.

Maybe he did do it, and I wont put my head out to defend him but I will remain sceptical, until compelling evidence is put forward.

@Doubleme

Probably best if you watch the programme & then judge whether the various contributors put forward "compelling evidence". By his own admission, he has twice been in rehab for sexual addiction. Which proves nothing but has to be taken into account.
    Essexphil said:

Prior to watching the documentary, I wasnt a fan.
    I am halfway through, and think he is a piece of sh1t.
    The programme does include some evidence.
    Men in their thirties grooming 16 year old girls, or junior members of their staff, is not illegal, but as a man with a sister, and a daughter, I could never approve of it.
    He is a f...k..g sick individual.
    I hope he gets his just deserts.