You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is online poker Bent

GOODWANGOODWAN Member Posts: 3
Never seen as many poker hands looking like they have been selected to encourage betting and all ins !
Sky say, you have good runs and bad runs.
But even when not betting you see the so DUBIOUS HANDS, makes you think

Comments

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    No , move on.
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    depends where you play
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,576
    a lot of people will instantly say no. The truth is you cant know for sure you can never proof it is not rigged as there is always a potential way they could rig it which you may not be able to detect.

In the same way you could have committed a murder last Thursday, we can't prove you didnt you likely could not prove you did not. it is very difficult and rarely possible to prove someone or some corporation innocent. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. you need to proof them guilty of a rig not them proof themselves innocent that is not possible.

That been said nearly every rig hypothesis I have seen makes no sense especially the one you are proposing. if an all in clash happens one player loses and stops and the other could take the money and go. this is not in the sites interest they want players to continue playing and generate more rake unless of course they had a house bot player and it was rigged in favour of that but that is far fetched.
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    GOODWAN said:

Never seen as many poker hands looking like they have been selected to encourage betting and all ins !
    Sky say, you have good runs and bad runs.
    But even when not betting you see the so DUBIOUS HANDS, makes you think

You know the answer to this, as absolutely everyone does... its the hands you are SEEING, regardless of whether you are involved in them or not.... that tells u, its all enhanced. i recently played for 2 weeks with a normal deck on holiday for the first time in years... Oh my word how refreshing to be able to know when a king flush is undoubtedly the best hand, without you thinking an ace flush is highly likely to a single opponents hand and being able to extract the maximum from it!

First game back online and thats exactly what happens.... its a totally different game.

I will never know why theres a group on here that know the score (they have to through sheer volume alone), but want to claim its the same (not even similar to a real game, we know this).. i dont know their agenda, other than being personal 'friends' of Tikay and some kind of attempt to be loyal to him, but alot of players seem to like this version... i think alot of it is that they are problem gamblers who simply need the enhanced excitement adrenaline version... hence the sites moving away from normal poker games to all in fest/bounty versions, feeding what they know these players require to maintain an interest.

i dont blame the sites, i blame the players who defend online poker as the real deal. They are the problem, the sites are just giving them what they want.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    What a sad little life
  • Options
    bbmike is one of these people.... he sees it, but chooses to tell a different story... takes time out to take anyone down who mentions it... why, nobody knows.... but it these people that have destroyed the online game....
  • Options
    Seek help
  • Options
    Someone is brave enough to put up what they see every few days, on this forum. Many, many, do not.

Alot of people need to seek help.... for what exactly? Not being to able to accept seeing an avalanche of unrelenting unusual hands and to be able to keep quiet?

bbmike is one of these people who gets quite aggressive defending things that he knows himself, is questionable.... and deeper down absolutely knows the score.... odd stuff

• Options
    Yes I am famous for being aggressive, and for my part in destroying online poker.

If there is an avalanche of unusual hands, imagine the volume of usual hands that could be posted. If you only ever looked at the garbage posted you’d think every single hand online went to showdown and to an unlikely victor. It’s called an availability bias. Anyone with half a brain could challenge themselves to look out for the usual hands if they really wanted to test their hypothesis.

Unfortunately most people who return year after year to exclaim about the proportion of unusual hand, and the copious reasons why a site would want to alter the outcomes, are simply demonstrating that they are in fact a lot less likely to have fully functioning grey matter.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    I see a lot of rubbish hands have to cherry pick, everything rag get dealt pair 8s 10s two others have higher. You have the power to call check or fold over the years players are calling with lower cards and not AA KK so you get caught out. You can't win every game the miracle river card has always been there nothing new. Bingo at the forefront hole new learning curve keeps your attention or sit out. You like old school poker new players like the new.....adapt or stop playing. Just saying don't shoot the messenger. hic!
  • Options
    Lets consider the player who does not accept what he is seeing; He feels cheated at times, he feels disappointed that hes wanting to play poker but is having to play this enhanced version. He wants to encourage change and wants sites to take on board his and many others feelings. He sometimes feels angry towards what he knows is not quite right and speaks out.

This is the player such as GOODWAN, myself and the many others who comment on here.

Now lets consider those who think its random. I cant think of a single reason to why they should feel the need to show any aggression in their replies... they have not lost money, they dont feel cheated, they dont feel disappointed, they have no connection to the site whatsoever .... so what fuels their responses to this quite incredible level?

We have all the reasons to be upset, you dont.... so i guess you just enjoy being an a-hole?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    edited October 2023
    Give it a rest Waddless.

If you saw some of the hands GOODWAN thinks are dubious you wouldn't have him in your corner.

EDIT: then again, you probably would.
  • Options
    Just spent a hol slow playing, value betting 3 streets, things that just have not been possible online, enjoying wrapping players up in a whole heap of confusion with clever play. So, so enjoyable out playing people and then them saying wow, didnt put you on that at all..

Great poker experience for 2 weeks.

2hrs first day back online, already exhausted with non stop chases hitting and runners galore.... its just not poker... an unenjoyable enhanced version, so far detached from the real game..... but you guys like it.... i get it..... just dont get the abuse and why that abuse happens.....
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Lets consider the player who does not accept what he is seeing; He feels cheated at times, he feels disappointed that hes wanting to play poker but is having to play this enhanced version. He wants to encourage change and wants sites to take on board his and many others feelings. He sometimes feels angry towards what he knows is not quite right and speaks out.

This is the player such as GOODWAN, myself and the many others who comment on here.

Now lets consider those who think its random. I cant think of a single reason to why they should feel the need to show any aggression in their replies... they have not lost money, they dont feel cheated, they dont feel disappointed, they have no connection to the site whatsoever .... so what fuels their responses to this quite incredible level?

We have all the reasons to be upset, you dont.... so i guess you just enjoy being an a-hole?

I play on here, have for many years and seen changes you have to adapt. Used to play at higher levels but getting on in years so micro's now. No walk in the Park but fun. Most players are Recreational Player and play for Fun so must be having fun like me. hic!
    We all crave for the good old days but they gone AI the new boss dog.
    You've been told before you have choices like everybody else that play on here.
    We all hear and see what you're saying but majority rules trailblazers don't.
  • Options
    Your friends were easy to beat and you enjoyed it.

The £1 games on sky you couldn't beat, so it must be rigged.
  • Options
    Hmmmm, here we go down the untruths path u guys like to do .... i beat £1 games on Sky..... but thanks for your valuable input....

• Options
    Have a Beer on us...... cheers

• Options
    Your words 2hrs first day back online, already exhausted with non stop chases hitting and runners galore

I took that to mean things were not going your way.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    I'm fascinated by your idea that you

"Just don't get why the abuse happens".

Today, on this thread, you have claimed that people who do not subscribe to your theories about online poker are:-

"Problem gamblers...are the players that destroyed the game...I guess you enjoy being an a-hole". Amongst other things.

And you "don't get" why people give you abuse back? Really?

Bad beats are part and parcel of poker. Let me give examples from the last 3 Sundays for me.

2 weeks ago. Playing live. 5 left at the SPT. Get it all in with AA v 99. The 9 on the flop probably cost me about £6,000 in ICM.

Last Sunday. The £110 Major on here. 10/23-20 paid. Someone 4-bet shoved on me with KK. I had AA. River King.

Today. 3 times on Party I went all-in on a Flop with Top Set, and the Gutshot got there. Then my All-in with QQ getting beat by 9 7 made me think tomorrow is another day.

Am I complaining? Of course not. It's part of the game. You can't be a winning player without being outdrawn by inferior hands. And every winning poker player who plays seriously has Sundays a lot worse than those.

It's not anything untoward. It's the game. Same live as online.

Finally, in relation to your holiday poker. I do hope that was not your friends, and just people you met in a game on holiday. When my longstanding friends have a poker tournament, they are terrible. Which is why I am the dealer and the tournament referee. Not a player.
  • Options
    If you an outsider reading this, please observe the aggressive nature and untruths the clique use.... can anyone throw any light to why they might do this?