You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Israeli activists block Gaza aid convoy and pour out sugar

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,547
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    What a crock of cobblers

They can ban an EDL march because of potential trouble.

But they can't ban a protest that everybody knows is going to attract Left wing extremists, Far Right extremists, Anti Semites, Football Hoolies, Islamic agitators, Pro Israeli sympathisers and general trouble seekers.

Then alongside that you have the Armistice Day Parade with Veterans, current serving personnel and spectators.

This is so going to go ti ts up.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657

What a crock of cobblers

But they can't ban a protest that everybody knows is going to attract Left wing extremists, Far Right extremists, Anti Semites, Football Hoolies, Islamic agitators, Pro Israeli sympathisers and general trouble seekers.

Then alongside that you have the Armistice Day Parade with Veterans, current serving personnel and spectators.

Maybe so , we'll have to wait and see , the protests are supposed to be timed after Armistice parade but one thing is for sure imo is that Braverman is itching for chaos on the streets of Britain to cause more divide
    EDL marches should be banned imo they're just far right racists who shouldn't have a voice...I know , i know , free speech, right to protest and all that it's to me just hate filled and shouldn't be on our streets
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    The powers that be want trouble so they can bring in even more anti-protest laws.
    No doubt there will be paid agitators on both sides.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

What a crock of cobblers

Maybe so , we'll have to wait and see , the protests are supposed to be timed after Armistice parade but one thing is for sure imo is that Braverman is itching for chaos on the streets of Britain to cause more divide
    EDL marches should be banned imo they're just far right racists who shouldn't have a voice...I know , i know , free speech, right to protest and all that it's to me just hate filled and shouldn't be on our streets
    And the far left racists?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    VespaPX said:

stokefc said:

What a crock of cobblers

Maybe so but normal law abiding people aren't far anything and want to live peaceful ordinary lives
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    stokefc said:

VespaPX said:

stokefc said:

What a crock of cobblers

Maybe so but normal law abiding people aren't far anything and want to live peaceful ordinary lives
    @stokefc

This.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    edited November 2023
    VespaPX said:

stokefc said:

What a crock of cobblers

ALL racists should GTFO.

This completely irrational dislike of people of other colours religions & races makes no sense at all.

All lives are worth the same, but some of us are lucky enough to have born in better places than others. Some tolerance of & empathy to the less fortunate would go a long way.

The wonderfully wise businessman & philanthropist Warren Buffet refers to the "Ovarian Lottery".

https://www.sloww.co/ovarian-lottery/

We were very lucky to win it, so it behoves us to show some understanding of those who did not.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    VespaPX said:

stokefc said:

What a crock of cobblers

I agree, my point was if you can ban EDL, NF, and BNP marches and protests then the law is already there. This will come across to certain parties that it's one law for one and one law for another, like they need one but it's yet another excuse to create division.

If Cruella is looking for an excuse to put the army on the streets, she may well get it.

If you've seen the FLAE shout out you know how this is going to play out.

• Options
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    Will rishi congratulate the met police for making the right decision if the protest happens without any mass violence or major incidents?

• Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    edited November 2023

Will rishi congratulate the met police for making the right decision if the protest happens without any mass violence or major incidents?

Completely agree.

The original Armistice Day was to celebrate the sacrifices in World War 1. No-one is left from those times. There are only a handful of servicemen still alive from World War 2. To put that into perspective, my Dad (due to his age) only served the last 3 years of World War 2 (technically 2 of 3, as he was wounded and spent over a year in Hospital). And, if he were still alive, he would be 100 next March.

We spend 2 minutes at 11:00 hrs either on the 11th November or a Sunday remembering all those who fought for their country. My Dad used to spend that 2 minutes both remembering friends he lost, and apologising to German families for those he killed.

Me? I will be wearing my Dad's medals-on the correct side-in his honour. And remembering all those who made sacrifices in all Wars. Including both Jews and Palestinians.

Then-at 11:02-ish, I will get on with my day. Like pretty much everyone else. And I hardly think people protesting about a War-any War-particularly after 11:02, is anything to get worked up about.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. My Dad hated War. But he fought so that people were free to protest. Free to say things he disagreed with. Free.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Completely agree.

The original Armistice Day was to celebrate the sacrifices in World War 1. No-one is left from those times. There are only a handful of servicemen still alive from World War 2. To put that into perspective, my Dad (due to his age) only served the last 3 years of World War 2 (technically 2 of 3, as he was wounded and spent over a year in Hospital). And, if he were still alive, he would be 100 next March.

We spend 2 minutes at 11:00 hrs either on the 11th November or a Sunday remembering all those who fought for their country. My Dad used to spend that 2 minutes both remembering friends he lost, and apologising to German families for those he killed.

Me? I will be wearing my Dad's medals-on the correct side-in his honour. And remembering all those who made sacrifices in all Wars. Including both Jews and Palestinians.

Then-at 11:02-ish, I will get on with my day. Like pretty much everyone else. And I hardly think people protesting about a War-any War-particularly after 11:02, is anything to get worked up about.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. My Dad hated War. But he fought so that people were free to protest. Free to say things he disagreed with. Free.
    David Blevins on Sky News this morning has accused Sulla Braverman of breathtaking ignorance, over her comments on Northern Ireland.

Suella Braverman has scored a hat-trick of own goals and displayed breathtaking ignorance on Northern Ireland
    Using words like "Hamas" and "terrorist" in the same breath as "Northern Ireland" and "marches" shows blatant disregard for a fragile peace, David Blevins writes.

This is much more than an own goal by the home secretary. It is a hat-trick of them - ignorant, offensive and dangerous.

https://news.sky.com/story/suella-braverman-has-scored-a-hat-trick-of-own-goals-and-displayed-breathtaking-ignorance-on-northern-ireland-13003170
  • Options
    Watch: 'Clueless' protesters on pro-Palestine march say they are 'not sure' Hamas invaded Israel

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/watch-clueless-protesters-pro-palestine-190934579.html