You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Judges ordered not to jail burglars and rapists due to crowded prisons – report

2»

Comments

• PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    tomgoodun said:

Bean81 said:

I know three conspiracy theorists and all three have smoke weed for 20+ years. One of which can no longer leave the house most days of the week.

I don't know if weed and conspiracy theorists is a well-known correlation, but what comes first is the interesting part to me. Maybe smoking weed lead to believing conspiracy theories? Or perhaps people attracted to weed are more pre-disposed to believing conspiracy theories?

interesting one bean , on a personal level i started to realise things were not right in life around the age of 13 , and i went on to start smoking cannabis at 16 so perhaps your second one is a slight favourite. i will add that since convid started and the "conspiracy theorists " grew from 500 to 5 million in the uk i would say its probably about half and half the ones that smoke and not , maybe in the favour of the ones that don't , that's not to say they never have. i feel the word conspiracy theorist is just to banded about now just so its easy to target people with it , you don't even have to engage in conversation , you just get to throw words about.
    i obviously when younger realised the moon landing was false , and the nixon phone call lmao , and then obviously the twin towers, but never really understood how deep and dark it truly was , but my mind has been opened fully since convid struck and i didn't need any cannabis to help me with it lol .
    Hi @PaintedOne

Interesting about fake moon landing, could you explain why a Country would want to do so, and why Russia who were in the Space Race with them doesn’t provide any evidence of it being fake, they aren’t exactly buddies.
    sorry i have no evidence as you can well imagine , but to say for sure russia and u.s.a are enemies , i struggle to a say that is for definite aswell , for me at the moment its all a show and always has been ever since they invented the telly . sorry for the rubbish reply lol
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    The Government, due to its lack of planning, had no choice.

If there are no new prisons, Judges are ordered to jail more people for longer, and delays in the system mean people are being held on Remand for ages, then you have to let loads of people out early.

We are at a crossroads. Either

1. Stick to the current plan, and commit to building several new prisons (following the US model); or
    2. Stop sending people to prison for a whole range of offences-non payment of Council Tax/BBC Licence, Criminal fines etc, following the lead of countries like Norway.

Our prison population is 3 times what it was in 1960. Higher than anywhere in Western Europe. Reoffending rates are also higher than elsewhere.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,929
    18 days. Haha. Is that really worth a front page headline? 18 years, 18 months maybe, but 18 days!!
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522

18 days. Haha. Is that really worth a front page headline? 18 years, 18 months maybe, but 18 days!!

Depends on what a paper is trying to achieve.

The Daily Fail is trying to ensure that either Rishi, or the next leader, takes the Conservative Party considerably further to the Right.