You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A selection of hands from the $100,000 entry PokerGo PLO Super High Roller

2»

Comments

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,785
    Bean81 said:

You might enjoy this once you're done with the mtt, Tikay. The way these guys range each other and figure out bet sizing within seconds is very impressive. Jungleman is a lot of fun, Galfond is a gifted communicator:

https://youtu.be/ls1L3Mz0D7I?si=dJHSv_GParTqM-qb

thats tremendous viewing, when they were doing that, i watched twice, one night i watched galfond and the other jungle, seeing it all together like that is really cool......
    i watched an hour of it.....will defo pick up the rest soon.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Awesome, going to settle down and enjoy some plastic deck action
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 525
    The high roller was still going when I opened YouTube on the toilet late morning. HU and both players deep.

Ike Haxton is one of the original online beasts, along with Durrrr, Galfond and Sauce. All four of them figured out things well before everybody else.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,283
    MAXALLY said:

Bring back the Hartigan Omaha League I say. Would love to see more take up PLO. I play it (on other sites mostly) when I need a 'break' from Holdem. I confess that I dont like PLO8......but really enjoy PLO. Enjoyed watching them vids....thanks for posting.

You were doing so well until then! :D

PLO AND PLO8 are wonderful games, although I don't think they are helped by the limited player pool and lack of time bank on Sky.

Great thread @Tikay10.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Bean81

It's Live on YT now.

Just seen a monster hand.

Fella with 9-8-7-6 had 20 outs TWICE v Aces.

My guess at the run out.....5s.....Ks. It's not fun unless the lead changes at least twice during the hand.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,194
    Enut said:

Tikay10 said:

@Bean81

It's Live on YT now.

Just seen a monster hand.

Fella with 9-8-7-6 had 20 outs TWICE v Aces.

My guess at the run out.....5s.....Ks. It's not fun unless the lead changes at least twice during the hand.

@Enut

Well pretty much everything changed on the Turn, when another 3 appeared, pairing the board. That was an absolutely awful card for 9-8-7-6 man, as it killed all his two pair outs.

Such is the beauty of PLO.
  • Options
    Enut said:

MAXALLY said:

Bring back the Hartigan Omaha League I say. Would love to see more take up PLO. I play it (on other sites mostly) when I need a 'break' from Holdem. I confess that I dont like PLO8......but really enjoy PLO. Enjoyed watching them vids....thanks for posting.

You were doing so well until then! :D

PLO AND PLO8 are wonderful games, although I don't think they are helped by the limited player pool and lack of time bank on Sky.

Great thread @Tikay10.
    @Enut

That's good to hear, I'll try & find some more & put them up more regularly.
  • Options

Here's the final hand of that High Roller.

Quite an odd hand really, but a stunning turn card changed everything.

Don't you just love PLO?

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Note the starting hand; 9-5-3-2. And this from one of the world's greatest PLO players.

There are so many different ways to play this game, & just because we don't always understand them, or see how they make sense, does not mean they are wrong, or bad.
  • Options
  • Options

This (from the Comments) about sums him up...

Dudes a barnyard animal piece of garbage. not a thank you, demands for a napkin not a single please, and just eating over the table. dudes just walking garbage.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

GREAT player, horrendous manners....

Can someone get me a napkin PLEASE?

I'm guessing being polite may have resulted in a napkin arriving sooner, and possibly not a napkin that had been spat on first too! :)

Money doesn't buy you manners, apparently.