You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Credit Cards interest rates to rise

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

I received this missive yesterday from NatWest.

From 29th January 2024, your interest rate is increasing from 19.956% to 22.440%
Card ending: xxxxxxxx

Hello Anthony,

We’re making some changes to your credit card. Because of an increase in borrowing costs, from 29th January 2024, we’re increasing your interest rates.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    This is not a new thing, but how do you think they can get away with such ridiculous rates?
    I used to use my credit cards an awful lot while I was working, but not at all since I retired.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    HAYSIE said:

This is not a new thing, but how do you think they can get away with such ridiculous rates?
    I used to use my credit cards an awful lot while I was working, but not at all since I retired.

I have no idea Tony.

I have a credit card which I've used for stuff like Sky Subscriptions from way back in the day, but as soon as the charge appears on the statement I snap pay it off. Those rates are outrageous.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

I have no idea Tony.

I have a credit card which I've used for stuff like Sky Subscriptions from way back in the day, but as soon as the charge appears on the statement I snap pay it off. Those rates are outrageous.
    It has been going on for years.