You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How are the cards dealt?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Root_KunalRoot_Kunal Member Posts: 714
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt?:
    On a serious note..... I have googled the answer for you. It states..... ''All on line gaming establishments who participate in card based games will have to under strict licence use a random number generator (RNG). This will be used in conjunction with the gaming act of April 1st, 1951. The April Enforcement Random Act of 51 (AREA51) states that all packs of cards shall have the jokers removed before commencement of the deal. The shuffle will be done by the RNG blindfolded and a pack protector placed at the bottom of the pack in case the blindfold falls of. The cards are then dealt in a clockwise direction or anticlockwise direction if the clocks have just gone back. The remaining cards will then be sorted to enable a action flop. If one or more people are left in the hand, the RNG will be turned off immediately and cards sorted manually to enable a WOW factor on the turn or the river. This will sometimes create a slight delay whilst this process is being calculated. If this creates mayhem at the table, it will be logged to be used in future. '' I hope this answers your sensible question Rob. I would say GL at the tables......but no point really.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    MAN ASKED SIMPLE QUESTION, BUT THIS FORUM THINKS THERE ALL ALOAD OF JOKER .......UR NOT MIDDLE AGED MEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY HAHAH, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THE BLOKE THEN DO NOT SAY ANYTHING.
    WOW YOU GUYS WONDER WHY THERE ARE SOO MANT ARGUMENTS ON THIS FORUM.ITS PROBS COZ UR ALL TRYING TO BE WISE GUYS EH
  • Options
    jubbleyjubbley Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2010
    On a serious note..... I have googled the answer for you. It states..... ''All on line gaming establishments who participate in card based games will have to under strict licence use a random number generator (RNG). This will be used in conjunction with the gaming act of April 1st, 1951. The April Enforcement Random Act of 51 (AREA51) states that all packs of cards shall have the jokers removed before commencement of the deal. The shuffle will be done by the RNG blindfolded and a pack protector placed at the bottom of the pack in case the blindfold falls of. The cards are then dealt in a clockwise direction or anticlockwise direction if the clocks have just gone back. The remaining cards will then be sorted to enable a action flop. If one or more people are left in the hand, the RNG will be turned off immediately and cards sorted manually to enable a WOW factor on the turn or the river. This will sometimes create a slight delay whilst this process is being calculated. If this creates mayhem at the table, it will be logged to be used in future. '' I hope this answers your sensible question Rob. I would say GL at the tables......but no point really.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol very good
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited March 2010
    also,back in the day i used to work in an amusement arcade,and once a week,without fail,we'd have to 'go set' all the machines so theyd pay out a tiny %..thats when technology wasnt all that..
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,558
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : MAN ASKED SIMPLE QUESTION, BUT THIS FORUM THINKS THERE ALL ALOAD OF JOKER .......UR NOT MIDDLE AGED MEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY HAHAH, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THE BLOKE THEN DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. WOW YOU GUYS WONDER WHY THERE ARE SOO MANT ARGUMENTS ON THIS FORUM.ITS PROBS COZ UR ALL TRYING TO BE WISE GUYS EH
    Posted by kunster
    PMSL.....And you are the guy who is complaining there is not enough Freerolls on SKY POKER!!!!
    Get youself off to another site then why there are loads of freerolls and no community banter.......

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : PMSL.....And you are the guy who is complaining there is not enough Freerolls on SKY POKER!!!! Get youself off to another site then why there are loads of freerolls and no community banter.......
    Posted by MAXALLY
    YES I AM SAYING THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH FREE ROLLS BUT HEY SO ARE OTHERS
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    Posted by MAXALLY

I'm pretty sure that you mean the "April Random Enforcement Act of 51".

I hope that this helps.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : MAN ASKED SIMPLE QUESTION, BUT THIS FORUM THINKS THERE ALL ALOAD OF JOKER .......UR NOT MIDDLE AGED MEN TRYING TO BE FUNNY HAHAH, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THE BLOKE THEN DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. WOW YOU GUYS WONDER WHY THERE ARE SOO MANT ARGUMENTS ON THIS FORUM.ITS PROBS COZ UR ALL TRYING TO BE WISE GUYS EH
    Posted by kunster
    The man didn't ask a "simple question", he implied that this web site was "a bit bent".
    If he had asked a serious question in a constructive manner, I'm sure that the responses would have been phrased appropriately.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : The man didn't ask a "simple question", he implied that this web site was "a bit bent". If he had asked a serious question in a constructive manner, I'm sure that the responses would have been phrased appropriately.
    Posted by MereNovice

sorry I forgot that regs can do know wrong and have the right to to what ever they like on the site. Agaain so sorry as I am not a reg.
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : sorry I forgot that regs can do know wrong and have the right to to what ever they like on the site. Agaain so sorry as I am not a reg.
    Posted by kunster
    Sorry mate, but I think you're just having a go for the sake of it! Anybody who asks (and I quote) "Are the cards just randomly selected or do they get dealt and theres just somone putting the cards in a computer ?" is gonna get some (attempted?) witty replies! Mind you, whatever thread you care to look at is likely to contain at least one attempt at humour! And because its the "regs" as you call them that post on the forum then its gonna be them who reply to these posts, hopefully in a light-hearted manner, which then makes the forum fun!Sorry if you don't see the funny side but having a go at those who do doesn't serve any purpose, apart from causing arguements! BTW nice alias! lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : Sorry mate, but I think you're just having a go for the sake of it! Anybody who asks (and I quote) "Are the cards just randomly selected or do they get dealt and theres just somone putting the cards in a computer ?" is gonna get some (attempted?) witty replies! Mind you, whatever thread you care to look at is likely to contain at least one attempt at humour! And because its the "regs" as you call them that post on the forum then its gonna be them who reply to these posts, hopefully in a light-hearted manner, which then makes the forum fun!Sorry if you don't see the funny side but having a go at those who do doesn't serve any purpose, apart from causing arguements! BTW nice alias! lol
    Posted by DiggerMan
    WHY does everyone say that bout my name its ment to be said like this kun-ster (kun being the first 3 letters of my name)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: How are the cards dealt? : sorry I forgot that regs can do know wrong and have the right to to what ever they like on the site. Agaain so sorry as I am not a reg.
    Posted by kunster
    As far as I am aware, EVERYONE has an equal right to post on this forum so long as they abide by the site and forum rules. "Regulars" are certainly subject to the same restrictions as anyone else.
    I fail to see what your point is.

The OP implied that the site was "a bit bent" which seems to have a corollary of implying that regulars on this site are either, themselves, "a bit bent" or are mugs for playing here.

I would consider the responses pretty mild (and certainly humorous) considering the OP.