You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Documentaries-Doctor Who's Christopher Eccleston to star in new ITV documentary on 1970s court case

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,422
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

I almost never watch anything on Ch 5 as their production standards & quality are usually so poor.

Is this "Incident Room" thing any good?

Louis Theroux vs Ashley Walters Series 2 Episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71_YXGsTtg

Ashley Walters discusses previous gang life | Louis Theroux Interviews - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnZb6xsg7Q
  • Options
    BBC yesterday.
    Wild Scandinavia: Life on the Edge - Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMfovFlv-Os
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,076

I watched "Wild Scandinavia" &, like all the "Wild" series, it was excellent.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I watched "Wild Scandinavia" &, like all the "Wild" series, it was excellent.

I have been watching a few more documentaries of late, I will give it a go.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

New Series Of 24hrs In Police Custody Ch4 9pm Sunday.
    I watched this weeks episode.
    To blame the victims would clearly be wrong, but I do think that some people live very risky lifestyles.
    This weeks episode was good, a two parter.
    Good programme, sad story.
    Long sentences.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

To blame the victims would clearly be wrong, but I do think that some people live very risky lifestyles.
    Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

I loved that they got 38 & 34 years in prison. Proper sentences, them & quite right too.

And the "big man" who was seen on CCTV happily stabbing people in the back - literally, multiple stabs in the back - was not so big when he could not stop trembling, shaking & crying in the Police interview, once he realised the game was up.

My only criticism of the Show - I'm hard to please sometimes - was that it did not need to be2-parter, it could easily have fitted into a single episode.

I do enjoy most episodes of 24 Hours in Police Custody though. I'm a big fan of non-fiction.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

I loved that they got 38 & 34 years in prison. Proper sentences, them & quite right too.

And the "big man" who was seen on CCTV happily stabbing people in the back - literally, multiple stabs in the back - was not so big when he could not stop trembling, shaking & crying in the Police interview, once he realised the game was up.

My only criticism of the Show - I'm hard to please sometimes - was that it did not need to be2-parter, it could easily have fitted into a single episode.

I do enjoy most episodes of 24 Hours in Police Custody though. I'm a big fan of non-fiction.

The other thing about their sentences, was that they apparently have to serve them in full, before being allowed to apply for parole.
  • Options
    24 Hours in Police Custody RETURNS | Official Trailer | Channel 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xBV1PcF_RI
  • Options
    Miners' Strike 1984: The Battle for Britain
    Series begins on Channel 4 at 9pm, Thursday 25th January. All episodes will then be available on channel4.com

https://www.swanfilms.tv/production-detail/miners-strike-1984-the-battle-for-britain
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

This weeks episode, the first in the new series, was a repeat.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

@HAYSIE

Yes, the bent copper/blackmail episode.

It was a great story, but yes, a repeat, which was not advertised as such. Not a disaster I suppose, but it annoys me when they don't flag it up mas a Repeat.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

@HAYSIE

It was a great story, but yes, a repeat, which was not advertised as such. Not a disaster I suppose, but it annoys me when they don't flag it up mas a Repeat.

He was mad.
    Apparently a good copper.
    Although his excuse for doing it was unbelievable.
    Silly man.
  • Options

@HAYSIE

Lost his job for life, lost his Pension (and a Police pension must be huge), & went to prison, all for £1,000.

I mean, we've all done daft things in our life - well I certainly have - but thats another level daft.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Lost his job for life, lost his Pension (and a Police pension must be huge), & went to prison, all for £1,000.

I mean, we've all done daft things in our life - well I certainly have - but thats another level daft.

For sure.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

For sure.
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks, useful to know.

Long sentences.

@HAYSIE

@HAYSIE

Strangely that was series 6 episode 1.
    Tomorrows episode is billed as series 7 episode 2.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,078
    edited January 21
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

It is.

There is more than 1 scheme. There is the 1987, 2006 and 2015 schemes.

I'm no Actuary or Pension Administrator. But let's use some typical, simplified, figures to show this.

Suppose a Policeman has been employed for 20 years. Suppose also that he has earned £40,000 a year (every year-I know that is not going to be true, but bear with me), and that he has paid into the Pension every year. Suppose also he is 55, and he has not made any Additional Voluntary Contributions.

He will have paid in between 10-15% of his salary every year. For 20 years. Suppose we say 10%, to take account of the changes in Salary and Averaging since 2015. So-he has paid in £80,000. And his Pension pot is probably valued at (very roughly) £400,000. Because it is a Final Salary, 1/45ths scheme. 1 of the major reasons policemen join.

Show me another job where, if you are dismissed, you can be fined £400,000 as well.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

It is.

There is more than 1 scheme. There is the 1987, 2006 and 2015 schemes.

I'm no Actuary or Pension Administrator. But let's use some typical, simplified, figures to show this.

Suppose a Policeman has been employed for 20 years. Suppose also that he has earned £40,000 a year (every year-I know that is not going to be true, but bear with me), and that he has paid into the Pension every year. Suppose also he is 55, and he has not made any Additional Voluntary Contributions.

He will have paid in between 10-15% of his salary every year. For 20 years. Suppose we say 10%, to take account of the changes in Salary and Averaging since 2015. So-he has paid in £80,000. And his Pension pot is probably valued at (very roughly) £400,000. Because it is a Final Salary, 1/45ths scheme. 1 of the major reasons policemen join.

Show me another job where, if you are dismissed, you can be fined £400,000 as well.
    Very harsh.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Another repeat this week.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Yup, a good one, but a repeat. It quite annoyed me that they got what I considered such lenient sentences. The "leader" especially was a complete wrong 'un & while ever he's at large in society, he'll cause problems.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

@HAYSIE

Yup, a good one, but a repeat. It quite annoyed me that they got what I considered such lenient sentences. The "leader" especially was a complete wrong 'un & while ever he's at large in society, he'll cause problems.

He will.
    Lots of people argue that sentencing seems so inconsistent.
    I think that if his missus could have been arrested on more serious charges, she would have spilled.
    She didnt seem like a woman that would have been at all comfortable doing a bit of porridge.