You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Great chart, Tony !

Denmark? I was there a few times in the 90's and I remember beer was ridiculously expensive then....so much so we did what the locals did, bought bottles of elephant beer and sat in Nyhavn!
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    madprof said:

Great chart, Tony !

Denmark? I was there a few times in the 90's and I remember beer was ridiculously expensive then....so much so we did what the locals did, bought bottles of elephant beer and sat in Nyhavn!

That must have been fun.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    Victoria Hall / Regent Theatre, Hanley.

Camden IPA £8.75 pint
    Camden Lager £8.75 pint
    Magners £9.00 pint
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055

Victoria Hall / Regent Theatre, Hanley.

Camden IPA £8.75 pint
    Camden Lager £8.75 pint
    Magners £9.00 pint

I thought London would have been more expensive.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,729
    Most-affordable city break in Europe with 96p pints and hotel rooms for £10-a-night.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/other/most-affordable-city-break-in-europe-with-96p-pints-and-hotel-rooms-for-10-a-night/ar-AA1jYcyc?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=7a8813306a054847869ca2486bd139af&ei=52

Holiday makers looking for a cheap trip to a beautiful European city should look no further than a little-known place in Portugal.

Recent research from Porto Travel Guide, a collection of local travel experts, has revealed the most affordable breaks in the coastal country.

Factoring in features such as flights and hotel costs, as well as the price of groceries, a hidden gem of Portugal has ended up taking the crown.

Fafe, located in northern Portugal in the district of Braga, has been voted the most budget friendly city to visit.

While relatively unknown, the city is home to several of the country’s must-see attractions, including the Peneda-Gerês National Park - a haven for hikers looking to explore Portugal’s natural beauty. Aside from its lush green surroundings, Fafe also boasts inexpensive restaurants and hotels.

Brits looking for an affordable holiday should look no further than this unknown treasure in the north of Portugal, where a meal at a restaurant costs as little as £3.55 per person.

The price of a beer to wash down the meal with will also delight holidaymakers, with a pint costing as little as 96p.

Accommodation is also a steal - a hotel room can be snapped up for just £10.61 a night.

Adventures also have plenty to do in Fafe.

The city is located just an hour’s drive from the coast, though those who are looking to stay more local can cool off at the local Barragem da Queimadela reservoir.

Visitors can rent kayaks and swim in the reservoir.

Fafe also boasts a gigantic water park, which sits on a hill overlooking beautiful surroundings.

Parque Aquático de Fafe is home to multiple slides, pools and entertainment.

Porto Travel Guide analysed 104 Portuguese cities to find the most inexpensive, giving each one a rating out of 100.

Fafe stole the crown, with an affordability score of 87.81.