You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

'Nigel Farage Is Too Dull.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
edited December 2023 in The Rail
With calls to boycott the 2023 series over Nigel Farage, which other I'm A Celebrity moments have had viewers complaining?

I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! signing up Nigel Farage has sparked outrage in some camps, with claims of more than 1,000 complaints directed at the show before it has even begun.

The former UKIP leader had been rumoured for the cast for weeks, but as the ITV programme confirmed its list of campmates on Monday evening many were left questioning the decision to put divisive politician Farage into the cast.

Campaign group Best for Britain, who say they are "the researchers, data scientists, strategists, and activists, fixing the problems Britain faces after Brexit" are calling on viewers to boycott I'm A Celebrity when the series starts on Sunday night and claim 1,000 people have already sent complaints to the show via their form to contact hosts Ant and Dec.

Naomi Smith, CEO of Best for Britain, said: "While the thought of Farage mingling with other creepy-crawlies may seem appropriate, anything that normalises or amplifies his toxic views must be opposed.

"After a weekend that saw police injured at the hands of a far-right mob, and after years of his politics poisoning our society, we want the public to send a clear message to Ant and Dec, ITV and the media at large, that giving a divisive populist like Farage a nightly primetime platform is not good for our country."

Farage's signing for the show, rumoured to come with a paycheck of £1.5 million, has certainly riled up many, but I'm A Celebrity has experienced plenty of other widely complained about moments to Ofcom over the years.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/im-a-celeb-most-complained-about-moments-nigel-farage-154603779.html

Comments