You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

variance...

Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
edited November 2023 in Brags, Beats and Variance
had a bad couple of days but variance finally swithced and managed to take it down (refering to title) get in!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2023

also not an awful place in the 19:15 deepy
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

@Spike4000

Holding Ac-6C, & heads up for the win, how much did you enjoy that flop?

Well done fella. Variance is such a wonderful thing.

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    all that mental torture yah can put yourself through on a losing run seems worth it when you win one!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Tikay10 said:

@Spike4000

Holding Ac-6C, & heads up for the win, how much did you enjoy that flop?

Well done fella. Variance is such a wonderful thing.

was all in pre. i shoved it and seeing k9 knowing its a 60/40 I've lost so many of this week but when you flop them almost dead it's a great feeling! was somewhat anticipating the runner runner full house though :D
  • Options

all that mental torture yah can put yourself through on a losing run seems worth it when you win one!

defo!
  • Options

@Tikay10 back to reality ;)
  • Options
    @Tikay10 just won a mega stack all in! the one at 20:48. entered at 20:47:59 so literally 1 second haha! now next job is taking it down :))
  • Options

Nice one @Spike4000

GL in Mega itself.
  • Options
    it is looking quite favourable at break... @Tikay10

if i win this from a £1.20 all in surely thats a record or close to one on sky lol
  • Options

oioi, keep it going Spikey
  • Options
    just busted. got £20.63. still a 17.2x of my investment
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    Spike4000 said:

just busted. got £20.63. still a 17.2x of my investment

good effort buddy.......did you bust with bad luck or just run card dead?
    Spike4000 said:

@Tikay10 back to reality ;)

that hand looks really unlucky, how did it play out?

did you bet all in on the flop and he called it off, or did you let him get there? also wonder why the other two players are sat out, looks a bit odd ;)
  • Options
    so the mega stack £22 BH fizzled out..lost a few flips. got called for 40% of my stack i had QQ he had A5 and he got a straight on river so that knocked me down a bit. just lost every flip and wasnt meant to be. it happens!!!

the A5 vs 68 was insane. i raised pre to which he called then donk shoved flop so i called. insanity!!!!!! 2 away players not sure why as was a £3.60 sat. @green_beer
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    moved to poker chat forum instad
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

I've changed the name of the thread, i will start using this as a sort of journal diary thing? I am trying to become a winning player. I study and use solvers and also watch alot of professional online poker players. I want to better my game.

Good luck, "subscribed" as the kids say.

• Options

I'll be the first to admit my sharky graph is poor. very very poor.In the last 1471 games since i started trying i have clawed back a total of £207.
    This doesn't seem like much but its defnitely a start!

I play stakes from about £2.20-£11. I also play the cheaper all in sats. I play alot of sats on here. I do sometimes play higher but for the last few months I have rarely played above the £22 mark. I am simply not good enough to be profitable at that level.

I am not trying to make poker a full on full time thing but I wouldn't mind being able to class myself as a winning player.

If you are bothered about this thread let me know and i might start doing daily updates on how games have gone? many thanks guys!!
    Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

I've changed the name of the thread, i will start using this as a sort of journal diary thing? I am trying to become a winning player. I study and use solvers and also watch alot of professional online poker players. I want to better my game.

ive moved it into the poker chat thread instead. get more people see it
  • Options
    Spike4000 said:

I'll be the first to admit my sharky graph is poor. very very poor.In the last 1471 games since i started trying i have clawed back a total of £207.
    This doesn't seem like much but its defnitely a start!

I play stakes from about £2.20-£11. I also play the cheaper all in sats. I play alot of sats on here. I do sometimes play higher but for the last few months I have rarely played above the £22 mark. I am simply not good enough to be profitable at that level.

I am not trying to make poker a full on full time thing but I wouldn't mind being able to class myself as a winning player.

If you are bothered about this thread let me know and i might start doing daily updates on how games have gone? many thanks guys!!

Tikay10 said:

Spike4000 said:

ive moved it into the poker chat thread instead. get more people see it

@Spike4000

Yup, that's much better over there.
  • Options

@Spike4000

I'll close this thread otherwise it will all get very confusing.
This discussion has been closed.