You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Elon Musk is inserting brain chips into people – here's what the tech can do

Comments

• tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,673
    Programming to start - You Will buy a Tesla - You Will buy a Tesla - You Will buy a Tesla.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    an interesting question would be if this enhanced your capabilities would you be willing to take the implant?

I would have serious concerns I would never have a situation where someone for whatever reason could potentially be able to read my thoughts
    or alter my thoughts/control me or my behaviour.

With government getting worse for government oversight and etc I would hate for them or anyone else to have access to my thoughts and decide that those thoughts are or are not ok.

I get fed up of the argument if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
    it falls down on different people have different ideas of right and wrong and what I feel to be morally ok or good others may feel should be illegal or that it is morally wrong.

I mean you surely have got to have privacy at some point.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310
    edited November 2023
    The conspiracy theory loonies would have a field day with this.

Anyone remember when the Vaccine was first approved, & there was all this stuff around?

Thankfully, they soon forgot, once Trump came along & said nobody needed the vaccine, all we needed to do was drink bleach.

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Tikay10 said:

Anyone remember when the Vaccine was first approved, & there was all this stuff around?

Thankfully, they soon forgot, once Trump came along & said nobody needed the vaccine, all we needed to do was drink bleach.

Amazon delivery drivers need these chips.
    I ordered a bottle of Baileys for her indoors, as she is partial to a drop at Christmas.
    It arrived yesterday.
    The delivery driver insisted on her DOB, to ensure that she was over 18, before he would hand it over.
    For f..ks sake she is older than me.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    Tikay10 said:

Fact check: False
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,310

@VespaPX

My apologies, you are correct. What he actually mentioned was "disinfectant injections".

Students of Body Language will have loved the reactions of Deborah Birx, the eminent vaccine & immunology expert who was at the time the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator. "Awkward".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,055
    Tikay10 said:

@VespaPX

My apologies, you are correct. What he actually mentioned was "disinfectant injections".

Students of Body Language will have loved the reactions of Deborah Birx, the eminent vaccine & immunology expert who was at the time the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator. "Awkward".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ

You would have thought that if Trump volunteered, it couldnt possibly do any harm at all to his brain.
  • green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,928
    Doubleme said:

an interesting question would be if this enhanced your capabilities would you be willing to take the implant?

I would have serious concerns I would never have a situation where someone for whatever reason could potentially be able to read my thoughts
    or alter my thoughts/control me or my behaviour.

With government getting worse for government oversight and etc I would hate for them or anyone else to have access to my thoughts and decide that those thoughts are or are not ok.

I get fed up of the argument if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
    it falls down on different people have different ideas of right and wrong and what I feel to be morally ok or good others may feel should be illegal or that it is morally wrong.

I mean you surely have got to have privacy at some point.

Reading that reminded me of a Bob Dylan lyric “if my thought dreams could be seen, they’d probably put my head in a guillotine”.