You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Josh Giddy (pro basketball player in trouble for alleged stuff with alleged minor)

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
So in the news recently about basketball a young phenomenal moron has got himself into a sticky situation.

I say a phenomenal moron because he is a very exciting hot prospect in NBA basketball and could be called phenomenal. Of the court he has been an utter moron though spending recklessly he has apparently lost $1million on online poker and the same again in sports betting rents a private jet for 100k a month and is somehow 2million in debt.

He is alleged to have slept with a minor who may be 14 15 16 17 or 19 no one seems to know. its also not clear how he met here. Josh Giddy is 21.

I have heard stuff from multiple view points some looking to condemn him as a pedo scum and basically hang him. Where as others come to his defence. Both positions are wrong when we know very little about the case.

The age of Consent in America varies from state to state but generally its 18. In Oklahoma it is 16 in Australia where Josh Giddy grew up it is 16. some people are like if girl under 18 eg 16 or 17 hang Josh. I find that a bit harsh as I dont view a 21 year old sleeping with a 17 or 16 year old as a podophile scum.

it is also alleged he may have met her in a night club where the age restriction is 21, if she fooled the bouncer is it too harsh or not to hang Josh?

I mean right now for all we know the girl was 14 and he knew and groomed her in which case yeah cant and wont defend that and hopefully he gets what he deserves.

However what is also possible at the moment is he met a girl who was 17 in a club where she looked older and is been condemned unfairly.

The police are not investigating the NBA is.

if he has done nothing illegal and the NBA ban him from the NBA for this I will find it rather virtue signalling hypocrisy in the extreme.

Considering that Karl Malone presented an award and had a position of honour in last years all star game. Karl Malone for those that dont know is one of the best basketball players to ever play the game. A talent that is only not known as well as it should be because he lived in Michael Jordans shadow like many greats did.

However Karl Malone also allegedly slept with a 13 year old girl when he was 20 and got her pregnant and refused to pay child support but eventually settled a paternity case out of court.

if you can throw Josh Giddy under the bus for sleeping with a 17 year old whilst giving Karl Malone a position of honour then you are simply a vile hypocrite.

I am not a fan of Adam Silver but I really hope he isnt that bad.

Like I said we need the facts first there are a lot of unknowns. I am not defending or attacking Josh Giddy as things are Basically my thoughts are if girl under 16 then he bad and did bad.
If girl over the age of 16 then Giddy did nothing wrong.

I dont know if people agree or disagree with me?

Comments

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    So details are out the one night stand happened 2 years ago apparently. according to media sources the girl lied about her age and josh thought she was 19 when in fact she was 15.

so it appears he may have met her in a club though havent found a source confirming that but it was a one night stand and footage of them outside a club and together inside a club where age limit is 18.

"Giddey was 19 at the time and the report states he believed the girl was the same age, but that she was allegedly 15 and had lied about her age."

“It’s understood the girl lied about her age to gain access to a nightclub, where she interacted with Giddey, which has been confirmed via social media videos,” the report states.

While the age of consent in California is 18, someone accused of statutory rape is able to escape conviction if they reasonably believed the alleged victim was an adult.

Criminal defence lawyer Neil Shouse, a former prosecutor, told CODE Sports this could be successfully argued if the other person “claimed and appeared to be over 18”, carried a fake ID showing they were over 18, or was present in an adult venue like a bar or club.

While the age of consent in California is 18, someone accused of statutory rape is able to escape conviction if they reasonably believed the alleged victim was an adult.

Criminal defence lawyer Neil Shouse, a former prosecutor, told CODE Sports this could be successfully argued if the other person “claimed and appeared to be over 18”, carried a fake ID showing they were over 18, or was present in an adult venue like a bar or club.

he may escape crimminal conviction.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/fresh-details-emerge-in-nba-star-josh-giddey-allegations/news-story/84a150e8f1e3153aa5a0a3cbdba1f75e

however he is likely to be kicked out of the NBA even though Karl Malone was at the ALL star Game as an honoured guest in February.

This does seem very harsh though, like Paedophilia is unacceptable I dont think anyone is going to argue against that point.

However if a 19 year old meets a 15 year old who used fake id to get into a club where the age limit is 18 and lied about her age, and the 19 year old genuinely believed she was 18+ I cant really say they deserve their career to be ended and locked up as a Nonce.