You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Manchester

NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
I'm really looking forward to my trip to the frozen, (wet), north tomorrow. I couldn't make this one last year so this will be my first ever mystery bounty tournament. You're never too old to try something new. Does anyone have a top tip for the strategy in these things?

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Win :#
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Make sure you’re still in the tournament when the envelopes start being handed out, some say that entering very late is a fair strategy for that reason.

Though I can see that the advice to ‘make sure you’re still in’ is probably as good as ‘try to win it’ but I think it means to lean away from higher variance plays where possible.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,012
    edited December 2023
    Day 1 is a Freezeout.
    Day 2 is a Bounty Hunter. One where the Bounties are unknown, but still a Bounty Hunter.

Being still in for Day 2 is obviously important. But so is having an above average stack, because can only win the Bounty if have more chips than opponent. A large stack can put the middle stacks under far more pressure than a regular freezeout.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    The biggest bounty will probably be on any Sky Poker Ambassadors playing the event........so target them. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 852
    I hadn't realised you couldn't win a bounty until day two. That's good then. I can go with my original plan of totally nitting it up and then hoping to win a big flip early on day two. Excellent.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

@NChanning

"Bounty prizes come into play at the start of day 2. e.g if 54 players make it though to day 2 there will be 54 bounty prizes. When you knock a player out on day 2 you will pick a prize at random. These prizes will be of varying amounts depending on the prize pool with a top prize of £10,000"