You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Police Solve No Burglaries In Half Of Country.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,055
edited March 4 in The Rail

Comments

• Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    and the other half are tyrants or worse , rapes violent thugs and burglary are pretty low on their list , unless there is a cooperation involved . i.e one of their own
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,034
    In a time where there are acid attacks,daily stabbings,gang warfare etc it's good to see the Police clamping down on the serious crimes the public fear most...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68180328

Hertfordshire Constabulary investigate after trousers sold online.

An investigation has been launched after police trousers were found on an online marketplace for buying and selling clothes.

Hertfordshire Constabulary has alleged that Insp Owen Hurley took payment for the trousers.

The police said the officer's behaviour may have amounted to "gross misconduct".

The force was contacted in July 2023 by a member of the public who had spotted the trousers being sold on Vinted.

A misconduct hearing will take place at the Hertfordshire Constabulary headquarters in Welwyn Garden City on 6 February.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    lucy4 said:

In a time where there are acid attacks,daily stabbings,gang warfare etc it's good to see the Police clamping down on the serious crimes the public fear most...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-68180328

Hertfordshire Constabulary investigate after trousers sold online.

An investigation has been launched after police trousers were found on an online marketplace for buying and selling clothes.

Hertfordshire Constabulary has alleged that Insp Owen Hurley took payment for the trousers.

The police said the officer's behaviour may have amounted to "gross misconduct".

The force was contacted in July 2023 by a member of the public who had spotted the trousers being sold on Vinted.

A misconduct hearing will take place at the Hertfordshire Constabulary headquarters in Welwyn Garden City on 6 February.

You really couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    I don't get why people think this isn't important.

Policeman are given uniform to use in their job. Not to flog off for personal gain. If proved, he has dishonestly stolen from the taxpayer.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Essexphil said:

Policeman are given uniform to use in their job. Not to flog off for personal gain. If proved, he has dishonestly stolen from the taxpayer.

No winky Phil ;)
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,034
    Essexphil said:

I'm sure people in the area are glad the Police chose to investigate this 'crime' whilst the burglaries,car thefts,anti social behaviour etc just get issued with a crime report number with no further investigation. I understand your point but surely there are more serious crimes that deserve Police time.
  • Options
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    It's a difficult one to defend but I'll give it a go.

The emergency services often have to deal with horrible situations and sharing their experiences with colleagues can help them deal with it. Many police officers develop a dark sense of humour to help deal with these things, to the public police officers joking about this sort of thing would be even worse than just sharing it but it's often a coping mechanism.

My father did 30+ years as a traffic cop, one of the last incidents he attended was when a drunk idiot sped through town and killed two OAPs crossing on a zebra crossing on their way home after bingo. He drove off after killing them. The road was closed for hours afterwards as they couldn't find all the body parts. They eventually found the last bit, a leg, on a balcony. When they went to the driver's home he was fast asleep. That's got to be difficult to deal with as the traffic sergeant dealing with the case.

My dad retired 25 years ago, 5 years early but not on medical grounds. At that time very few police officers retired early through 'stress' (PTSD), it was seen as a sign of weakness and ridiculed by other officers, different times.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Double standards at its worst here.

Police sharing photos amongst themselves can, as @enut says, be cathartic. Although sharing with others is problematic.

But which thing do you think actually causes most harm to the poor families?

This? Or forwarding various details to the Daily Mail and a front page headline?

This is what the likes of the Daily Fail do. Faux outrage. And flogging newspapers on the back of it.
  • Options
    Nottingham victims’ families condemn police officers who shared graphic details of killings on Whatsapp

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nottingham-victims-families-condemn-police-163443349.html
  • Options
  • Options