You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    edited December 2023
    Do they want people to quit smoking or not?! I'd never have quit without it, tried everything, patches, gum, nicotine spray and only vaping made me quit for good.

They are saying they want to try and stop kids from vaping, but back in the day it was kids smoking, I started at 13 for example. Kids will be kids and vaping is better than smoking. Let's be realistic, the only reason they are doing this is to cash in.
  • RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 533
    waller02 said:

Do they want people to quit smoking or not?! I'd never have quit without it, tried everything, patches, gum, nicotine spray and only vaping made me quit for good.

I completely agree. Best public health intervention since The Pill imo. More people quit smoking with vaping than all other moves put together.

Yet, there does need to be greater regulation - I like the idea of making vapes medical devices: so they can be prescribed, but must also go through the regulatory rigmarole and safety data. It's also super important to deter children: bubblegum flavours etc and colours designed to target children must stop. Through talking to my friends who have kids, the contraband these days is vapes, whereas when I was young it was cannabis, so choose what you demonise wisely.

• waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,066
    RogueCell said:

waller02 said:

I completely agree. Best public health intervention since The Pill imo. More people quit smoking with vaping than all other moves put together.

Yet, there does need to be greater regulation - I like the idea of making vapes medical devices: so they can be prescribed, but must also go through the regulatory rigmarole and safety data. It's also super important to deter children: bubblegum flavours etc and colours designed to target children must stop. Through talking to my friends who have kids, the contraband these days is vapes, whereas when I was young it was cannabis, so choose what you demonise wisely.

Yeah, I agree regarding the flavours, packaging etc. but I also think kids are gonna vape regardless. Like you say, when we were kids I think many of us at least tried smoking (or worse). This just stinks of the government wanting to cash in on how popular vaping has become imo