You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

cant open app

so recently bought new pc, ive been required to download adobe air harman, then i download the app. the sky poker icon appears on desktop and it just wont open from there. need help asap please, ive tried alot of things

Comments

• Options
    yummyyu_24yummyyu_24 Member Posts: 2
    Same issue here any chance of a poker professional advising sky on how to improve the client package and online website I know shouldnt compare to party poker and pokerstars as they are the gold standard but please try and at least man the tech support out of hours. I am sure a decent pro and a decent app programmer could solve these issues.
    Why not alllow big blinds to be an option when showing chip count. Lots of very easy program improvements could be made to web client. App wont open for me either why not have a graphic for players left in tourney etc. Sorry to sound harsh but its a real pain using this client the competition is much better and doesnt motivate me to stay on sky :o( perhaps thats why no one is filling the tables up?? sit and gos are very small fields etc dym is boring. any help would be great I have tried tech chat several times no ones home
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,723
    edited January 11

Same issue here any chance of a poker professional advising sky on how to improve the client package and online website I know shouldnt compare to party poker and pokerstars as they are the gold standard but please try and at least man the tech support out of hours. I am sure a decent pro and a decent app programmer could solve these issues.
    Why not alllow big blinds to be an option when showing chip count. Lots of very easy program improvements could be made to web client. App wont open for me either why not have a graphic for players left in tourney etc. Sorry to sound harsh but its a real pain using this client the competition is much better and doesnt motivate me to stay on sky :o( perhaps thats why no one is filling the tables up?? sit and gos are very small fields etc dym is boring. any help would be great I have tried tech chat several times no ones home

@yummyyu_24

A very good morning to you Mr Yummy.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, I'll pass your comments on.

It's true that traffic at the DYM levels you play is not great, but at least you seem to be doing OK, winning 5 from 7.

Sky Poker is part of the Flutter Group, & they have 4 UK facing Online Poker Sites - Sky Poker, PokerStars, Betfair Poker & Paddy Power Poker, so something for everyone. Personally, I'd love to see you & others stay here at Sky Poker, but failing that, I'm sure one of Flutter's other sites will have what you are looking for, especially PokerStars which is all-singing all dancing. A very good site indeed, but as always, not everyone's cup of tea. Nothing ever is, is it?

Whatever you decide, VBOL at the tables.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,034
    edited January 11
    For reasons I cannot fathom ;) this reminded me of a joke I once told (many years ago) while at a Company by the name of Capita PLC, when there were suggestions that, were Labour to lose the next election, Capita could be in trouble.

I mentioned that any suggestion of any "bribes" to political parties was entirely untrue. But, in the extremely unlikely event that Capita were ever to make payments to political parties, I would suggest:-

Conservatives-£8 million
    Labour-£8 million
    Lib Dems-£2.68
  • Options
    yummyyu_24yummyyu_24 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply will try different software configurations I think its AIR or firewall being an issue I will try some things from the forum and attempt tech support again. It would be nice to play more than one table as I cant get app to open but like you say all sites operate very differently and I think browsers are limited. I appreciate you passing on suggestion and your shout back I didnt realise the legendary Mr Kendall would be the one responding to my rantings. Thanks for all the great poker channel content over the years I take your point reference different feel of the site it it is growing on me with alot of friendly people which is quite different from the other sites your right being different is good VBOL and apologies to the sky poker team as my tone was a bit disrespectfull as I was sounding out in frustation. I just couldnt understand how other providers packages have much larger fields and the install package using AIR unlike the others. All the best ta again for the input
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,723

@yummyyu_24

Ahh, that's very kind of you Mr Yummy. I get called all kinds of things these days, but I'm quite sure "legendary" is not amongst them. Age catches up with us all I'm afraid.

Thanks for being understanding about my reply, & don't worry about having a mini-rant, we all get a little exasperated from time to time.

Run well at the tables my friend.