You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Four Card Games

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited January 18
    Glad u agree with parts, but a little surprised that you say that the £1k freeroll is played out the same as a high buy in tournament. Oh come on now...... I think you didnt want to be seen as to agree with me on everything there, it wouldnt be a good look would it! ;);)o:)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,196

I have now passed this thread across to @Sky__James so let's wait & see how he responds. If I hear anything, I'll let you know straight away.

In the meantime, keep the feedback coming please, it's all grist* to the mill.

* No, I don't know what "grist" means either.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 280
    i LOVE 8 game. i am not going to lie i do play it most days on pokerstars. it is so fun. i also love HORSE. some game modes may be unable to be ran on sky but i can't see razz being one of them. i would more assume games where you need to exchangce cards such a 2-7 triple draw be more problematic. @Essexphil
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,101
    TheWaddy said:

Glad u agree with parts, but a little surprised that you say that the £1k freeroll is played out the same as a high buy in tournament. Oh come on now...... I think you didnt want to be seen as to agree with me on everything there, it wouldnt be a good look would it! ;);)o:)

Not as surprised as I am. I said no such thing :)

Would be good if it could be established whether Razz would be possible with the current software
  • Options

@Sky__James has responded positively, & is now mulling over the "what & when".

As the saying goes, watch this space.

At best, for now it will be PLO &/or PLO8, I'm afraid the more exotic & esoteric suggestions will have to wait a while. Quite apart from the software limitations, I doubt the player base here is big enough to support 8 Game, Stud, HORSE, 2-7 Triple Draw, Razz, Big O & the like.
  • Options
    daggers747daggers747 Member Posts: 188
    The plo8 game at 7.18 normally gets 55 plus players 69 last night.
    I think a larger buy in game would work if starting a bit later.
    Possibly start 3 times a week to see how it goes.
    Good fun format with no bad beats.
    Daggers
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    edited January 19
    Cheers Daggers for sticking to the original point of my post. I think people have to be realistic about what is possible and Tikay is correct...the PLO8 £5 event tends to get about 60 runners a night and that little community has taken a while to build up. I think it is totally unrealistic to think Sky Poker has a big enough player base to get those sort of numbers on five or six other games, even if the software was developed to make those games available, (which isn't going to happen). The reason I focussed on PLO and PLO8 is that we know the software can deal those games and we have the evidence of past tournaments to know there is probably a demand for a tournament to work.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    edited January 19
    On the subject of a PLO8 freeroll I think that would be a total waste of time and money. You have to think about where the players are coming from for these things and what they are going to achieve. If the idea is to encourage people who currently play on Sky Poker to try PLO8 without spending a lot of money those people already have a good option...the £5 PLO8 tournament which can be played for less than the price of a Starbucks, a pint of lager or a Big Mac meal. I simply don't believe there are even a dozen people currently playing on Sky who would love to try PLO8 but can't afford a fiver. If Sky were to invest money running freerolls essentially just for those few people there is no guarantee they'd end up playing the £5 PLO8 in the future as presumably it is currently out of their bankroll.

If a weekly PLO8 started at either £15 or £20 it wouldn't neccessarily damage the current £5 PLO8 as plenty of the 60 that play that each time would simply play both. The new tournament would get the rest of it's players from two groups...players that currently play Hold-'em events but don't currently play the £5 PLO8 as they think it's too small for them and PLO8 players from other sites who love playing that game. I'm not saying any of these groups of people is large and I'm totally realistic. I would guess if there was a weekly £15 or £20 buy-in PLO8 it would get between 15 and 25 players and a £200 or £300 guarantee might be a starting point.

PLO would probably attract a few more players as the game is slightly simpler for people to pick up and more NLH players have tried it in the past. I don't think I'd go too many times a week on either, just start with one a week of each.
  • Options

Keep the feedback coming guys, I've sent the thread across to James again this morning in view of the additional comments overnight.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Progress is being made.

Based on the thread, & the feedback, @Sky__James is looking at adding two MTT's to the schedule;

£20+£2 PLO BH

£20+£2 PLO8 BH

Each would run once per week initially. More could be added if successful of course.

So the next questions are;

What nights should these run? (I'm assuming they'd run on separate nights).

Over to you.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    Tikay10 said:

Progress is being made.

Based on the thread, & the feedback, @Sky__James is looking at adding two MTT's to the schedule;

£20+£2 PLO BH

£20+£2 PLO8 BH

Each would run once per week initially. More could be added if successful of course.

Over to you.

thats good do you no what day
  • Options
    235467235467 Member Posts: 17
    Personally, I'd like those as a double header on a Friday or Saturday night :)
  • Options
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

Progress is being made.

£20+£2 PLO BH

£20+£2 PLO8 BH

Over to you.

@lfccarl

That is the question I am asking.....

"So the next questions are;

What nights should these run?"

• Options
    235467 said:

Personally, I'd like those as a double header on a Friday or Saturday night :)

@235467

Ha, that was the last suggestion I expected.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but a double header on same night?

I play both & love both, but I think playing PLO & PLO8 simultaneously would be a recipe for disaster for many, would it not?
  • Options

Over to you.

@lfccarl

That is the question I am asking.....

"So the next questions are;

What nights should these run?"

when i ran the league sunday had the biggest numbers on the plo8
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,101
    Don't mind what day.

However, for the PLO8, optimum time would be 20:18-exactly 1 hour after the £5.50.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,284
    I appreciate that at least one of these will be played on a weekend night, which I rarely get to play. So, pretty please, maybe schedule the PLO8 on Friday night and the PLO on Saturday or Sunday? It would be an honour to be at the same table as the Ambassador, as long as he lives up to his Bad Beat nickname.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 if we could get another £5.50 b/h plo8 i would be happy to ran a league again
    with 17:30 19:18 20:40 i would run it 7 days a week and maybe the winner could get a free buy in the one of the new tournaments

happy to do that if that what everyone wants
  • Options
    or8treacleor8treacle Member Posts: 88
    I would definitely involve in these games where possible. For me I would like to see one during the week such as a Wednesday night and the other on a Sunday.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    PLO on a Sunday gets my vote. I would prefer the £11 buy in though.