You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Keir starmer challenge

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,595
So I have repeatidly stated that the tories will win the next election. The reason is simple its a two party system and tories have villified labour successfully and blame them for everything. Further I have yet to come across someone that likes Keir Starmer I mean maybe his wife likes him but maybe she just married him for the money thats if he has a wife?

but like no one anywhere seems to be a fan I read the comments on social media I am yet to come across any positive comments for Keir starmer, Whilst a lot of people dont like the tories they still get some positive comments none for Labour or Keir starmer.

here is a challenge then the Keir starmer challenge I will say 23rd of jan 2024 can you find any positive comments on Keir starmers page on social media. any at all I say before 23rd jan because obviously if I didnt someone could just go and make a positive comment now. and say see there is a positive comment so go on find me a positive comment about keir starmer before 23rd jan?

when you realize this is a mamoth task and will take a lot of searching to find if at all you might realize why it is so unlikey that labour win the next election.

Comments

• Options
    So its been over 24 hours and no one has found it, someone disagreed so surely they would be motivated to proof me wrong but it was no simple task to find clearly as they would have already posted.

To be clear I dread the tories winning the next election its definitely not an outcome I want but I cant really see things going any other way.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014

I assume you're lumping on the 6/1 banker then Dave
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    all the people commenting must be far right terrorists obviously lol
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited January 25
    Just been on an old Independent piece from 2022 , i didn't read it i went to the comments section , 168 comments , after about 30 or 40 comments deriding the bloke this was the 1st positive comment , i think it was positive

The UK people and culture have declined so much, that people want a celebrity as a prime minister. They got it with Johnson and it is not working out.
    At some stage, although probably never, the UK people need to wake up to the fact that politics is boring. You need someone who has integrity, capability and intelligence, with some added diplomacy.
    Johnson fails at that.
    Starmer excels at that.
    So, the UK will never recover until the UK people take responsibility for their vote and use some effort to understand politics.
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    well they don't seem to have much of a grasp of it , wow
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Just been on an old Independent piece from 2022 , i didn't read it i went to the comments section , 168 comments , after about 30 or 40 comments deriding the bloke this was the 1st positive comment , i think it was positive

The UK people and culture have declined so much, that people want a celebrity as a prime minister. They got it with Johnson and it is not working out.
    At some stage, although probably never, the UK people need to wake up to the fact that politics is boring. You need someone who has integrity, capability and intelligence, with some added diplomacy.
    Johnson fails at that.
    Starmer excels at that.
    So, the UK will never recover until the UK people take responsibility for their vote and use some effort to understand politics.

well congratz for finally doing what others cannot I want starmer to win to be clear I am terrified of where things will be if the tories or reform or a coalition of tory/reform win.

I think the issue is starmer has gone for ages without saying much of any substance and it has been hard to pin down exactly where he stands I did see a news article out recently which quoted some of the Labour manifesto and lots of it I found agreeable.

I think the major difficulty is most issues if not all issues are much more nuanced and shades of grey then the black and white which most people expect and can be bothered/able to comprehend.

That been said This government constantly want to vilify and spread hate and rely on ignorance and fear mongering and unfortunately myself and loved ones fall into some of the categories this government spreads hate against.

Whilst none of us have been physically attacked we have had dirty looks and occasionally comments and generally dont feel safe or happy in this country anymore.

We cant stay if the tories win the next election not long term.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

for those that keep saying this I dont have the gambling bankroll to put large bets down and practice sensible bank roll management. regardless how sure I can be on a certain outcome I dont put down money I cant afford to lose.

That been said I can put small bets down and add as time goes on.

Potential Returns: £70.00

Re-use selections

Friday 1st March 2024

Fri
    00:00
    Conservatives @ 6/1
    Most Seats

Next UK General Election

I believe this is a very plus ev bet so I guess it makes sense I might put down additional tenners as time goes on depending where my bankroll is etc.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

for those that keep saying this I dont have the gambling bankroll to put large bets down and practice sensible bank roll management. regardless how sure I can be on a certain outcome I dont put down money I cant afford to lose.

Re-use selections

Friday 1st March 2024

Fri
    Conservatives @ 6/1
    Most Seats

Next UK General Election

I believe this is a very plus ev bet so I guess it makes sense I might put down additional tenners as time goes on depending where my bankroll is etc.
    Putting your money where your mouth is Dave. Good man, good luck (you'll need it)

I haven't voted for many years, think they are all a bunch of tossers, however, now you have money invested I'm prepared to help your cause by voting for the Tory party. For a small fee. If you're interested I'll send you my deets
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Re-use selections

Friday 1st March 2024

Fri
    Conservatives @ 6/1
    Most Seats

Next UK General Election

Putting your money where your mouth is Dave. Good man, good luck (you'll need it)
    actually on this one I would rather labour won and I go without the £70 but yeah guess will see what happens I want to be wrong on this one.
  • Options
    edited January 25
    Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Re-use selections

Friday 1st March 2024

Fri
    Conservatives @ 6/1
    Most Seats

Next UK General Election

actually on this one I would rather labour won and I go without the £70 but yeah guess will see what happens I want to be wrong on this one.
    Well I'm sure your 70 quid winnings will go a very long way under another term of Tory leadership. You can celebrate by buying a pint and packet of pork scratchings. Then stick your heating on for half an hour with the fiver change.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Doubleme said:

waller02 said:

Re-use selections

Friday 1st March 2024

Fri
    Conservatives @ 6/1
    Most Seats

Next UK General Election

Well I'm sure your 70 quid winnings will go a very long way under another term of Tory leadership. You can celebrate by buying a pint and packet of pork scratchings. Then stick your heating on for half an hour with the fiver change.
    Whilst I hide from the hateful mobs who think I am an immigrant and also hate my girlfriend for having a disability yup about sums it up.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    Different cheeks of the same ar5e
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Starmer's problem is he doesn't get given the airtime by media. The right wing media only go on about immigration. The left wing media have so kick to deride the current government about, there's no space for anything about Starmer.

I've listened to a couple of long, open interviews with him and I like him. Smart, well-considered and calm, with some good ideas that are longer term. He's the antithesis to all the stupidity of the past 7-8 years.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 512
    Anybody bur the tories has to be the vote for the majority at the next general election. If the tories win the most seats, then the country is even more stupid and morally bankrupt than I thought.